• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Job - Salary, Bonuses, & Perks

I'm working as an investigations officer for a bank here in makati...

Confidential daw ang salary hehehe, pero I can say its in between 30-40k per month...

Ala masyado bonuses eh, un lang hehehe

You have a chance though, to go abroad. Some clients and other bank officers give you "gifts"

Downside lang nito sobra ang stress, sakit sa ulo mag-investigate, sasala ka pa ng customer complaints... monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.. may regular audit pa... grrr...

Job1: All Around IT Personnel

Salary Range: 15k/ month - just got a +5k confidential salary increase

70k/month pag nasa japan na (3months tour)

Disadvantages: all around dapat ang talent - cad/wamp/webdesign/simple programming/graphics + lots troubleshooting

pag may deadline na design - puyatan

Advantages: pag di ako kailangan, kahit ano oras ako pwede pumasok

Benefits: 13th month lang + the usual company benefits, asking for tech gadgets bcoz of work overload :)

JOb2: Tech/Support (bros bussiness)

Salary Range: 10k/month

Advantages: minsan lang magkaproblema mga pc at network

Disadvantages: nakakatamad pumunta sa ibang office like ortigas mainit, minsan sa pasay to swap laptops ng staffs

Sidelines:

Depende kung kelan masira ang mga pc/network nila

peak season - 20k /month <<< rare

pag off-season - 4k / month

==============================

want to leave the company and look for a new job, sched for ccna exam this month and go abroad :P

• 1 month later...

So many good salaries here from posters (I assume most are Filipinos) working abroad. I salute you all, I grew up with a dad who worked in another country that gave us the financial capacity to live comfortably in exchange for being away for most of the last 24 years.

I want to share my income information since I wish to encourage hardworking professionals that there are great opportunities to make money in the Philippines for honest and hardworking individuals. (Just keep the two traits in mind since I believe that this got me the role and none of that "who you now" crap that so many Filipinos believe in).

Some relevant info about me:

Call Center Exec

PROS:

Annual salary: Php 2.4M (rough estimate) + bonuses (equal to 10-15% of annual)

Working for one of the worlds most recognizable brand (so I always get a wow when I give my business card)

Open minded industry who does not discrimnate age as long as your accomplishment speaks for yourself (I got into my role at 26 y/o and I'm now 29)

10 mins drive from home to work (though this may be a PRO of my address rather than my office)

CONS:

Being a decision maker for a big company, "everything is always your fault"

Long hours (10-12 hrs) and should be ready to respond to emergency needs (I had to take conference calls at the height of Ondoy)

Occassionaly, you have to be the bearer of bad news (e.g: firing people - not as fun as many would think...esp in the Phils)

Edited by xcholox

My job: HR Professional based in the USA

Salary : US$ 45,000 per year

PROs: I live the American dream (or trying to live it). I have branded clothes, nice gadgets, cool car, great neighborhood

CONs: I earn dollars and SPEND dollars too. Housing is expensive here, plus you have to spend for the car, credit cards, etc.

The American Dream can sometimes be a nightmare. So those out there thinking that America is paved with gold, think twice.

PS.

CON: Mahal ang babae dito.

Edited by scorpionking
  • 1 month later...

JOB POST: AUTHORIZATION OFFICER OF A LOCAL BANK IN THE UAE

JD: tagasagot ng tawag ng mga merchants na may acquiring relationship sa amin (Bank). will discuss everything, from batch settlements to fraud calls, kahit printer rolls, sa amin din ire-request (na bandang huli, sasabihan namin sila na bumisita sa pinakamalapit na branch ng bangko namin or tawag sila sa technician/sales rep).

SALARY: AED 4,000 + AED110/day night allowance

PROS: hmmm... i dunno, you get to work in Dubai (?)

CONS: kung gaano kahirap mamuhay sa US, mas lalo dito. aba, kung tutuusin, minimum wage earner lang ako dito, huhuhu..

• 5 months later...

Job 2008- May 2010

Title: SALES SECRETARY

JD: Act as sales manager, act as sales account executive, act as customer representative, magtimpla ng cofee na hindi tinitikman kung matamis o hinde:lol:, act as IT, walang katapusang File,act as accountant,matuto ka mag lie,minsan makipag away sa client hekhek

Salary : not enough for my multitasking ability

Perks: daming food from manliligaw na matandang intsik =D, commissions, bonus(pag kumita daw ang company), 13th month pay,one kaban rice,lots of gift during christmas

Cons; no Overtime,six days ang pasok,no petix kahit isang minuto,walang internet access, ayun resigned =D hehe

• 4 months later...

all my life I never or never will be able to stick to one job, just like my ancestors did with one job , like 30 to 45 years same job. I am forever thankful to my dad ( 35 years in a single job level IV manager) my lolo ( around 40 years in governement as a lawyer) MY aunt, my lola teacher all over 30 years. my siblings and me only one working as a UP researcher has been with them over 20 years....with me lucky if I get 5 years on the job.

1. Last job was security middle east. lasted about 4 years, so many perks and etc, it was unbelievable.

2. I had over 12 jobs in great companies both pinas and abroad. each job I learn and move on. save money do side business. GAMBLE my vice is the only thing preventing me to be a super millionaire.

3. I learned how to market myself so good that each interview I get, I always say, ' I am the best of the best', just hire me you'll see.

4. one day i'll retire and write a book about jobs for pinoys.

ONE JOB I DID NOT LIKE WAS BE ON THE STAFF OF A CONGRESSMAN. I SEE WHERE YOUR TAX MONEY IS BEING USED!!!!!! I LASTED LESS THAN A YEAR...LONG ENOUGH TO ESTABLISH CONNECTIONS AND VISAS TO TRAVEL ABROAD DIPLOMATICALLY!!!!!!

Edited by knoll1234
  • 3 months later...

I'll be starting at a well known Architectural firm this month. That is if ever interviews for work abroad arent fruitful. Here is the specifics as far as i know.

Job Description: Project Architect

Salary: p20k/month

Perks: You get to learn from the best and getting attached to this company builds up your resume.

Cons: Deadlines could be a pain in the ass

Does anyone know the rate of an architect for mideast (doha, qatar). would be much appreciated

• 9 months later...

A. Perks - a different "driver" in every town I'm thrown.

Cons - a different "driver" in every town I'm thrown. Nightmare.

B. Perks - can express and show ultimate anger to the top man.

Cons - ends up writing the top man's halleluia speeches, recommendations, and worst - termination letters. Can't help but give his secretary a tiger look.

• 4 months later...

may ask lang po ako.

about my rights on holidays pay.

hindi ako siniwelduhan ng local agency ko sa holidays ng April 9,2012, dahil daw day off ko ang araw na yon.

tama ba yon, eh sa alam ko legal holidays yon e. ang company na pinag tratrabahuhan ko ay nag open ng April 9, 20112.sana pomatulungan nyo ako.

may ask lang po ako.

about my rights on holidays pay.

hindi ako siniwelduhan ng local agency ko sa holidays ng April 9,2012, dahil daw day off ko ang araw na yon.

tama ba yon, eh sa alam ko legal holidays yon e. ang company na pinag tratrabahuhan ko ay nag open ng April 9, 20112.sana pomatulungan nyo ako.

April 9 is a Philippine regular holiday, employees are entitled to receive their daily basic wage and Emergency Cost of Living Allowance (ECOLA) even if they did not report for work, provided that they are present or are on leave of absence with pay on the work day immediately preceding the holiday. If work was performed, you are entitled to double pay.

Edited by fatchubs