How Can I Quit Smoking?

more often than not, the relapse ALWAYS breaks the discipline to quit. Nagawa ko na to dati pero masyado malakas yung mga later stages ng withdrawal symptoms kaya ayun, biglang napabalik loob sa yosi hehe.... in my lifetime, twice pa lang ako naka try mag attempt mag quit and furthest i've gotten is 6 months....

Sirs share ko lang how I quit smoking. I moved to vaping, its a lot healthier but not without risk. Syempre andun parin yung nicotine pero wala na yung byproducts ng burning of tobacco. Tapos slowly binabaan ko yung nicotine ko from 6mg to 3mg and eventually down to 0. Ngayon nahihilo na rin ako pag nakakaamoy ng yosi parang non smoker na hehehe

11 years din ako naging smoker ngayon vape vape na lang. Nawala na rin yung hingal ko tsaka gumanda resistance ko, no more smokers cough hahaha

Edited by togo002
  • 4 weeks later...

Quiting is a long process, it takes a large amount of discipline and tenacity but is achievable..

Step 1:

Before lighting your stick, cut off half an inch. This reduces the amount that you're taking. As long as you don't light up another one kung bitin.. It takes a lot of Discipline.. Gradually increase the amount that you cut off until you reach half a stick. Then proceed to step 2

Step 2:

CONGRATULATIONS! Now you only smoke half a stick! What an achievement!! Control yourself not to light up another one, just consume the same amount of sticks like you had from the start. You'll keep it that way until you get a mind set of smoking less

Step 3:

Now you are already smoking less, try to reduce the number of sticks per day. This will now depend on your determination and willingness..

Me, after reaching half a stick, I found it pathetic.. I just stopped smoking, and it felt good! i tell you.. Now, whenever I try a stick, it always feels like the first time, I get to taste the bitterness and the relish of smoking goes away..

Good luck!

Masubukan nga ito

• 2 weeks later...

I've quit cold turkey for a whole month now.

For me, i think smoking is a compensatory act/mechanism. For most i think it also is. Especially when stressed, bothered and so on. We smoke to "unwind" ... which is similar to drinking.

I decided to quit coz i wanted to see if i do have the ample will to do it... So far so good.

Quitting for health reasons never worked for me in the past. Quitting as a thought exercise seems to be working so far.... weird hahahah

• 4 weeks later...

I started smoking when I was 16 and I was able to quit after 22 years. Ang hirap, tried to quit several times and failed. Yung last attempt ko I just went cold turkey. Nakatulong na meron akong 2 month old cough (smokers cough) and then sobrang busy after I got well na hindi na ko nakakayosi. Before I knew it, 6 months na ko hindi nagyoyosi so tinuloy tuloy ko na :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

its not easy if its an addiction....im not a smoker,my guy is...or should i say WAS.

we started our relationship, he was already a smoker. i didnt care at first,but ofcourse i started to really love him so i tried talking to him about quitting little by little...

beleive me it was NOT easy at all! haha itawa ko nalang kasi we had so many fights about it...almost gave up on him, but i tried everything and my last shot because i wanted him to live a healthy longer life.

prayer's also a part of helping him..and helping me to have MORE patience in helping him.

i cant really say he is a chain smoker. he was coping on how not to think of smoking everytime he is stressed..and i made sure im always there 24/7.... told him to think of me and not cigar when temptation is calling him..

fortunately, my nose is very sensitive, so i know whether he had one or not...

and am just glad that nowadays, he's ok without it even when he's stressed out with work.

am proud to be a. part of working progress;) basta step by step lang.....

quitting alone is very hard...so i suggest, u need to have a buddy along the way who's gonna support you. and u must submit to that person in any way cause u should know he or she is just doin it for your sake.

exercise more....to get the toxins out of your body and would lose the urge to have nicotine inside your system.

have candies or gums all the time with you. it helps with the craving.

change into a healthier diet.

talk to yourself whether you really want to lose it.

most of all, prayers:)

I was a smoker for more than 10 years when I quit cold turkey, no withdrawal symptoms and just a little bit of craving for a few days and that's it. My gf though is stil a smoker and she finds it difficult to stop especially when she's stressed or in the toilet doing her business so I bought her a vape (e-cig) and it helps reduce the number of cigarettes she consumes in a day. Before, she can finish more than a pack a day but now she's down to 3-5 sticks. I know there are controversies surrounding the vaping lifestyle but pls do some research and ask questions just to be well informed if you are considering it as an alternative.