How Can I Quit Smoking?

• 4 weeks later...

Best way is to go cold turkey. Trying to quit gradually just doesn't work and you eventually find yourself in remission. I smoked for 15 years and just decided to quit one day. Not for any life-changing reason but just because I felt I was ready to give up the habit.

• 3 weeks later...

Cigarette smoking is bad for your health period.

Natawa naman ako sa mga ibang comments na "basta in moderation okay lang" - hehe mga pare at mare, drinking yun hindi smoking!

Secondly, second-hand smoke is worse for anyone inhaling it.

Okay, so how to quit smoking?

1.) Just do it. Impossible is nothing.

2.) Sumuka ka ng buong tar (isang kamao per suka) for three consecutive days - nangyari sa erpats ko.

Nawitness ko ito nung bata pa ako.

Sa mga smokers na hirap mag quit at di rin makapag exercise, try niyong mag sauna for 3 consecutive days. The sweat will flush out all the addicting chemicals out of your blood stream (i.e nicotine). On the third day kung mag decide kayong mag yosi, di niyo mauubos at itatapon lang ang sigarilyo.

• 3 weeks later...

Cold turkey. I've quit cigarettes for 1 and a half years now through cold turkey and i stopped looking for it after 21 days. Yours could more or less be the same.

Wag magpaloko sa E-Cigarette. Wala syang ginagawa kung hindi magkaroon ng bagong bisyo. I tried it as well and wala syang ginawa na matino rin.

The one thing that made me quit smoking were the following questions. Ask yourselves this in the mirror when you are having a bad day while actually smoking:

"Have i become richer because of these cigarettes? Have I become a better person? Have I blessed anyone with these cigarettes? And have my problems been solved with cigarettes?"

Three-day hump..

This is what you need to get through in order to have a better shot at finally quitting.

GO three days without smoking. In order to accomplish this, it is necessary to stick to a schedule filled with distractions.

After three days, it is likely that your addiction has waned at least to a certain degree. BE SURE TO HYDRATE WELL DURING THE 3 DAYS. Water and fruit juices would be excellent. Steer clear of sugared, caffeinated, and/or carbonated beverages.

If they 3-day technique does not work, try switching to clove cigarettes.

I'm coming in from another thread, apparently smoking makes your penis smaller. "One reason, of course, is that smoking is a known cause of impotence. And there's some evidence that smoking affects erection size. In one study, researchers found that smokers' penises are significantly smaller than nonsmokers'. "In addition to damaging blood vessels, smoking may cause damage to penile tissue itself, making it less elastic and preventing it from stretching," says Irwin Goldstein, M.D., a urologist at the Boston University medical center. We have yet to hear a better reason to quit."

Maybe the fear that your junior will get smaller will be incentive enough to make you quit smoking far better than any motivational spiel?

• 2 weeks later...

kelangan mo ng self control pra mag-quit ng smoking unless gusto mong pumasok sa parang rehab. Try nyo muna magpakabusy pra hindi makaisip na magyosi tapos iwas-iwas na rin sa mga alok ng kaibigan, minsan kasi nakailang araw ka na hindi nagyoyosi tapos biglang nahikayat nung mga kaibigan mo tapos ayun ulit ka nanaman.

· Stop “Cold Turkey”. This means you just STOP (I have tried all the alternatives, e.g Nicorette, E-cigarette, Cutting the no ofsticks per day, - All did not work)

· SET a QUIT date. There are many reason why you should QUIT, your lovedones and yourself,

· Only 1 Year. It will only take you 1 year to overcome smoking

· Drink Calamansi or Citrus drink in themorning to control yoururges

· Eventually you have to QUIT. It’s 99% sure you will have to QUIT, it iseither you are too SICK to smoke or your Doctor advise you to stop. So why notquit now, when you are still healthy, and able to enjoy life.

· Pray to St. Maximillian Kolbe. (Saint for Addicts to remove Addictions)

- You cannot do it alone, you need help from ABOVE