How Can I Quit Smoking?

• 6 months later...

Let me share how I quit smoking with no patches or medication. Just will power(mentioned on earlier post) and mentholated candy,

I was smoker for about 7-8 years. I consumed about 2 packs(20 cigarette per pack) everyday of 100's menthol. I buy 2 rims every 10 days.The first thing I do when I open my eyes is grab a cigarette before anything else. The last thing before I close my eyes in the evening is smoke. At work, I will empty ash tray(soup bowl size) at around 2 pm. Until, one morning, I spit with trace of blood. Went for an X-ray , confirmed to have TB and need to rest for 6 months,take medication and vitamin supplement and most of all I NEED TO QUIT THE THING I LOVE MOST-SMOKING.

I remember, my doctor said to me " you want to live long, give up smoking". I was 28 years old with lot of promising career and potential. After coming out from the Doctors Office, the first thing I put out the pack of cigarette I have on my pocket and I was about to throw it I but saw a man who is smoking and just handed it to him. I can't forget his face of surprise, I just nod to him and he just smile back to me. Whatever I have at home, I gave to my friends who wants it.

The first day was really hard. Whenever, I crave for nicotine, I either drink water, take candy like Halls or anything to ease my craving. Everyday is the same. The first week is really the hardest. As days go by, weeks go by, it is getting easier and easier. I still do my other vices like drinking and going to Bars/Disco. I was even teased my friends to blow smoke to me whenever we are out for one for the road or enjoying the night with GRO. There are even bets several times with friends that I will be back smoking. They all lost big time to all their bets. They even use women to lure me back. No way Jose. It is already more than 20 years, and I am still smoke free. Believe me, one time someone tested me. He gave me a cigarette and I lit it. Just three pops, I really don't like it anymore and throw it away.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Simple lang ang ginawa ko. Nagka-interes ako sa takbo. Sumali ako ng mga fun run. Nung una, ok lang sa akin na yosi pa din kahit nagiging active ako sa running. Nung naging seryoso ako sa takbuhan, na-realize ko na what if tumigil ako ng paninigarilyo, bibilis kaya ako? Sinubukan ko. Na realize ko na mas OK yung takbo ko, nag improve endurance ko. So ayun, na-equate ko yung good performance sa pagtigil ko ng yosi. tinuloy-tuloy ko na. 2 years na ang nakalipas at sa awa ng dyos, nakayanan naman.

• 2 weeks later...

Simple lang ang ginawa ko. Nagka-interes ako sa takbo. Sumali ako ng mga fun run. Nung una, ok lang sa akin na yosi pa din kahit nagiging active ako sa running. Nung naging seryoso ako sa takbuhan, na-realize ko na what if tumigil ako ng paninigarilyo, bibilis kaya ako? Sinubukan ko. Na realize ko na mas OK yung takbo ko, nag improve endurance ko. So ayun, na-equate ko yung good performance sa pagtigil ko ng yosi. tinuloy-tuloy ko na. 2 years na ang nakalipas at sa awa ng dyos, nakayanan naman.

Same way i quit smoking. Running is very addicting. But for me may added factor. My uncle who stood as my father died of lung cancer. So while i was thinking of ways to improve my run napush talaga yun pagquit when i saw my uncle.