Motorcycles and Scooters

mabuti nabasa ko ito. NOVICE PA RIN PALA AKO! hehehehe! alam nyo po inaakyat ko kasi sa bangketa yun motor ko. parang naka bisikleta lang. BAWAL PALA YUN! mabuti na lang may ganitong thread dito USEFUL!

sir ano po violation kapag nahuli ka nagra-ride sa bangketa o island?

Reckless driving ka if you ride a motor vehicle in an Area not meant for motor vehicle use but meant for pedestrians. This offense could also be aggravated (resulting in a bigger fine, or heavier penalty or both) through a reckless imprudence charge if at the time you committed the offense it can be proven that pedestrians were using the sidewalk. They would have been in danger of being hit by your motorcycle.

Kahit bisikleta bawal sa sidewalk.

Hindi kailangan sagutin ang tanong mo para patunayan na bawal ang gawain na ito. Common sense lang kasi ang kailangan. At hindi naman napakaraming common sense. Kung merong sapat lang para maintintindihan yun daloy ng mga sasakyan sa kalye at sabayan ang mga ito ng hindi nasasagasaaan ganoon din lang kadami and kailan gan para maintindihan na ang sidewalk para sa tao at hindi sa sasakyan. At lalo na hindi para sa pilosopo.

Edited by boomouse

for those who's looking for the ride of the year, join kayo sa December 20-21, Saturday-Sunday. Quezon2Quezon (Quezon City to Nakar Quezon).

here's the itinerary:

Departure: December 20, 2008 2pm Anonas Q.C. ETA to Nakar Quezon 5pm, dinner then inuman beside the beach (i own the place).

December 21, 2008 - breakfast then swimming muna sa may mga gusto, then 11am ride to Caliraya lake then lunch along the road. ETA to QC around 4pm.

no big bikes, 100 to 150cc bikes lang po, i have yamaha x1. kailangan po nasa condition ang motor nyo (engine, brakes, tires) sobra dami pong zigzag, PM me lang po kung interested, i dont want din sobra dami.

peace!

Reckless driving ka if you ride a motor vehicle in an Area not meant for motor vehicle use but meant for pedestrians. This offense could also be aggravated (resulting in a bigger fine, or heavier penalty or both) through a reckless imprudence charge if at the time you committed the offense it can be proven that pedestrians were using the sidewalk. They would have been in danger of being hit by your motorcycle.

Kahit bisikleta bawal sa sidewalk.

Hindi kailangan sagutin ang tanong mo para patunayan na bawal ang gawain na ito. Common sense lang kasi ang kailangan. At hindi naman napakaraming common sense. Kung merong sapat lang para maintintindihan yun daloy ng mga sasakyan sa kalye at sabayan ang mga ito ng hindi nasasagasaaan ganoon din lang kadami and kailan gan para maintindihan na ang sidewalk para sa tao at hindi sa sasakyan. At lalo na hindi para sa pilosopo.

sorry pilosopo na kung pilosopo. pero mas maganda na siguro ang nagtatanong sa mga taong matalinong tulad mo ang isang katulad kong bobo. sabihin nating wala akong COMMON SENSE (eh talaga namang wala) paano ko malalaman kung hindi ako magtatanong sa mga taong may alam? eh di kung kailan pa ako nahuli tsaka ko pa lang malalaman na bawal? maigi na yun nagtatanong sa mga taong katulad mong may alam sa mga batas, hindi katulad ko. at maraming salamat sa malinaw na paliwanag mo at dahil dun HINDI KO NA IIAAKYAT SA BANGKETA ANG MOTORSIKLO KO. kaya nga sabi ko NOVICE PA RIN PALA AKO it means MAY KABOBOHAN PA RIN AKO which I DID REALLY MEAN IT. ikaw na pare ang mag judge sa sarili mo pagkatapos mo basahin ito. THANK YOU VERY MUCH SA INFO NA IBINIGAY MO. mabuti naitanong ko sa iyo ang bagay na ito NA MA-I-SHE-SHARE KO SA MGA KASAMA KONG BOBO AT WALANG COMMON SENSE NA DUMARAAN SA BANGKETA.

Great! Also from the Alabang area. Went out for a ride last Sunday to Tagaytay. Dala ko yung Baby Vmax (FZX750). Sarap ng weather. Makulimlim all the way pero never bumagsak ang ulan.

Ride tayo one of these days!

sure. by the way i seldom open MTC website, if ever, just text me at ************

posting of contact number is not allowed

you may opt to use the pm functionality of the board

Edited by xerxes
Guest Leviticus

^hehe.. bawal posting of numbers.

question lang. when I'm out on my [big] bike and going through an open field running above 60 kph I often feel as if my bike is moving/swerving with the wind, lalo na kapag ang hangin ay from the side. whenever I feel that swerving sensation I have to decelerate to 50 and below.

nagtataka lang ako because that doesn't happen on my scooter. last sunday on my scooter I went to the same windy field [brrrrrrr! ang ginaw! you literally feel Christmas in the air] and traveled 60+ kph. I didn't feel the swerving sensation on my scooter. However, I wouldn't recommend going 60+ kph on a scooter even though it is a 150 scooter :thumbsdownsmiley: I'm just trying out something.

is it because my scooter is more aerodynamic than the sports bike? I also know that the sports bike is heavier and with wider tires than the scooter but why does it feel like my bike is swerving with the wind?

any advice to counter this?

sir, im not an expert but there are too many factors that may cause your problem

1. the road itself - some roads kasi ndi cya naka camber properly

2. suspension - you need rear shocks for stability in accelerating and front shocks for stability in braking and steering

3. body posture

4. steering bearing

5. dent or imperfection sa gulong

6. install steering damper

like i said im not an expert. but 60kph is too slow for a sports bike to feel unstable

@ Leviticus:

By design, a scooter is more stable even if it's ligther because the engine is positioned lower to the ground and the rear wheel, thus a tighter COG. Also, the greater surface area above the COG of most big bikes make it more vulnerable to wind sheer. However, it does not mean that it's more unstable. It just takes time to get used to it.