Motorcycles and Scooters

Guest lightspeed®
Hi . Its a chinese bike. Nice porma. But I was told that if you're 5,7 and above, the bike looks small already. For me, its by far, the best designed (porma) chinese bike available here in the Philippines. Then comes the Z200. I was able to drive both. Okay naman.

dude, we have a ride this coming thursday. care to join us?

Guest Leviticus
levi, nakabili ka na ba ng bagong bike mo? meron ako nakita sa net "belletza" replica ng CBR 900

pero 200cc lang siya but water cooled engine. if im not mistaken, they're selling the 200cc for 85k tapos yung 125cc 75k. pero to be sure, i-google mo na din.

here are some sample pics

ganda bike :thumbsupsmiley:

pwede ko ba kopyahin ang decals and stickers :P joke lang. nagkaroon ako ng emergency expense kaya postponed ko ang sports bike ko :( next month vroom na!

^^hehe.. sinabi mo pa. Last week I came accross a ducatti 1000 cc bike. asking price was 1.0 million

Ayoko na ng Ducati. Mabilis nga pero ang hirap gamitin sa city driving. Bigat ng manibela, tapos mainit at nakaksuya yun tunog ng dry clutch. Of course yun mga bago mga 'slipper' clutch narin pero pagtyagaan ko na lang ng konti si Mr Guzzi. Anyway sarap ng ride kahit na tunog buldozer.

Guest lightspeed®
Ayoko na ng Ducati. Mabilis nga pero ang hirap gamitin sa city driving. Bigat ng manibela, tapos mainit at nakaksuya yun tunog ng dry clutch. Of course yun mga bago mga 'slipper' clutch narin pero pagtyagaan ko na lang ng konti si Mr Guzzi. Anyway sarap ng ride kahit na tunog buldozer.

dude, if i were to choose between a guzzi and a ducati, i'll choose the former. ducati walang resale value

boom, sama ka sa thursday? batangas lang.

yup they are hard to drive,tawag nga namen dyan e ducatirik :)

dude, if i were to choose between a guzzi and a ducati, i'll choose the former. ducati walang resale value

definitely guzzi is easier to ride and has more resale than ducati. Last 2006 when i attend the intl moto event in clark pampanga a ducati 998r overtook us,pero hinabol ng kasamahan ko n nka R6 at ayun k*ll sa 305kph ang 998r hehehehe

dude, we have a ride this coming thursday. care to join us?

really? where to? whats the itenerary? I plan to have my exhaust spot welded. After a series of high revs last Staurday, I noticed an unusual sound from the headers. Got worried. But after "listening" to it yesterday, I found out there are a few spots in the exhaust that needs to be welded. And it affected actual tuning of the bike. Asar! If done by Wednesday, Ill joing you Thurs. Thanx Bro.

Malas! Ang daming imbitasyon this weekend. Rain check ako bro. Am flying to SG tomorrow (Wed, 22 Oct) back on Sunday. I've been trying to move this trip but the guys I'm meeting with aren't available at any other time. Sarap sana sumama.

Guest Leviticus

today when I used my eagle II 150 cc scooter I noticed that the speedometer was reading 10,003. d@mn.. nakasampung libo na ako sa scooter ko :thumbsupsmiley: so far so good pa naman ang takbo.

hay.. problems with this scooter? wala naman. mga napalitan ko? busina [PEEEEEEEEP!], belt sa loob, vanity screws.

changed its oil 10x (every 1000 kms).

other than that I'm very happy with the scooter. sulit eto. I did have doubts when I was planning to get it because of all the negative feedback on china scooters but nasulit ko naman eto :P

hmm.. dapat ko na rin papalit ang brake pads and brake fluid.. bukas na lang when I have the time :P

Edited by Leviticus
Guest lightspeed®
today when I used my eagle II 150 cc scooter I noticed that the speedometer was reading 10,003. d@mn.. nakasampung libo na ako sa scooter ko :thumbsupsmiley: so far so good pa naman ang takbo.

hay.. problems with this scooter? wala naman. mga napalitan ko? busina [PEEEEEEEEP!], belt sa loob, vanity screws.

changed its oil 10x (every 1000 kms).

other than that I'm very happy with the scooter. sulit eto. I did have doubts when I was planning to get it because of all the negative feedback on china scooters but nasulit ko naman eto :P

hmm.. dapat ko na rin papalit ang brake pads and brake fluid.. bukas na lang when I have the time :P

aha! <_< MODIFICATION YAN!

:P mwehehehe!

Guest Leviticus
aha! <_< MODIFICATION YAN!

:P mwehehehe!

sshh.. scooter na nga eh, wala na ako mamodify kundi ang screws lang. the old screws kept falling off :rolleyes: it's for my safety na rin

sshh.. scooter na nga eh, wala na ako mamodify kundi ang screws lang. the old screws kept falling off :rolleyes: it's for my safety na rin

Even then, you should follow the law.

1. First, you must go to your screw supplier and obtain from him a certification from the MIRDC (Metals Industry Research and Development Center) of the DTI that the screws have passed their standards for "rotary type fasteners in mobile and high vibration applications."
  2. Second, you must take this certification and go to the Bureau of Domestic Trade to obtain a certification that the same screws that you have used have been submitted for quality testing assessment under the PS Mark programme and that they have passed.
  3. Third, you must now go to the official representative/importer of your bike and ask them for a waiver that states that the screws you have installed represent a 'dealer-installed option' and would not alter the quality, longevity, or mode of use of the original product.
  4. Then you must go to the NCR regional office of the Bureau of Domestic Trade and ask them for an endorsement to the Land Transportation Organization which declares that the modifications you have installed are approved by the local importer/trademark owner's representative with a design and composition that has passed existing government standards and therefore do not negatively affect the quality, safety, and manner of use of your scooter and the LTO, without a prejudice to any further tests it may deem fit, may consider your scooter fit for continued road use and registration.
  5. Of course, it would be reasonable for you to expect that the LTO, in the spirit of its current administrative temper for concern over all road users, would probably send you to an independent research and testing facility that would determine whether the modifications you have instituted would reduce or enhance forward, rearward, and peripheral visibility of your vehicle under various road using situations that it is expected to encounter while on our streets. To meet these standards you may be asked to alter the color, reflectivity, shape, and possibly source of the installed modifications. You may also be asked to explain why said modifications were not obtained from the vehicle's importer and from a third party. If your response is not found to be acceptable, the LTO, prior to approving your modifications may ask you to present certification that you have obtained the modified parts from a source that has been certified and licensed by government to either import, manufacture, and sell your brand of vehicle or its parts.

I which case, you just better put back the old screws because you will be ending up with new versions of the same darned things anyway.

Guest Leviticus
Even then, you should follow the law.

I which case, you just better put back the old screws because you will be ending up with new versions of the same darned things anyway.

huhu.. lecheng LTO :upside: buti na lang suspended ang AO-15 on modifications

yesterday dumating na yung 200 cc sports bike :thumbsupsmiley: syempre brake-in pa lang and it was time to read the manual. dumating ng mga tanghali so kaunti instruction from the dealer sa pagkambyo, where to check for oil, where are the batteries, where do we take off the screw for change oil, etc.

too bad I had work to do so kagabi at around 9 was the only opportunity I had to ride it. one advantage of night riding here in the province is that the roads are well-lit and I'm by my lonesome; ingat lang sa occasional cats, dogs, goats, and carabao on the road. the only bikes I had experience with are my xrm and scooter so nanibago ako sa clutch ng sports bike; and that one time I rode a cbr of a friend.

siguro it took me about an hour to get used to the fist gear :unsure: it's like learning how to drive a car all over again. when I think I got the hang of the clutch try ko to accelerate to 90 kph..

d@mned acceleration! I don't have a stopwatch but it must have been around 7-12 seconds for me to reach 60! in my standards [since sanay na sanay ako sa scooter] that's too fast! kanabahan na ako to go faster so hinay na lang sa gas. siguro puso ko ang tumatakbo ng 90 at that moment. nakakabigla talaga ang acceleration.

looks like more riding time is needed for me on this bike before I can take it up to baguio :goatee: those wider tires are so d@mned stable. need to work out in the gym first at nangalay ang mga braso ko sa kakakapit sa handle bars.

huhu.. lecheng LTO :upside: buti na lang suspended ang AO-15 on modifications

yesterday dumating na yung 200 cc sports bike :thumbsupsmiley: syempre brake-in pa lang and it was time to read the manual. dumating ng mga tanghali so kaunti instruction from the dealer sa pagkambyo, where to check for oil, where are the batteries, where do we take off the screw for change oil, etc.

too bad I had work to do so kagabi at around 9 was the only opportunity I had to ride it. one advantage of night riding here in the province is that the roads are well-lit and I'm by my lonesome; ingat lang sa occasional cats, dogs, goats, and carabao on the road. the only bikes I had experience with are my xrm and scooter so nanibago ako sa clutch ng sports bike; and that one time I rode a cbr of a friend.

siguro it took me about an hour to get used to the fist gear :unsure: it's like learning how to drive a car all over again. when I think I got the hang of the clutch try ko to accelerate to 90 kph..

d@mned acceleration! I don't have a stopwatch but it must have been around 7-12 seconds for me to reach 60! in my standards [since sanay na sanay ako sa scooter] that's too fast! kanabahan na ako to go faster so hinay na lang sa gas. siguro puso ko ang tumatakbo ng 90 at that moment. nakakabigla talaga ang acceleration.

looks like more riding time is needed for me on this bike before I can take it up to baguio :goatee: those wider tires are so d@mned stable. need to work out in the gym first at nangalay ang mga braso ko sa kakakapit sa handle bars.

Congratulations. 200cc more and you can get on the NLEX! Did you get the Belletza? Feedback naman. It looks nice enough for a city bike. You've ridden a CB400, how does it compare?

Guest Leviticus
Congratulations. 200cc more and you can get on the NLEX! Did you get the Belletza? Feedback naman. It looks nice enough for a city bike. You've ridden a CB400, how does it compare?

surprisingly, merong belletza dito sa Pangasinan (Carmak Lingayen) nagiisang unit. No, I got the Kenbo Kb-200. Even though I have a china scooter I opted for the Kenbo that is made in Korea. May experience ako sa Kia and it has served me very well.

difference with cb400.. hmm.. first ay ang tunog. masmalalim ang tunog ng kenbo. hindi rin basag si manoy sa kenbo as compared to the cb400. yung slope ng seat to tank ang difference because sa cbr400 ay matulis.

also the acceleration. hanggang 50-60 lang ako sa cb400 pero halos lipad ako sa upuan if hindi ako nakakapit ng maayos. handling and body.. they are the same. I've also test drove a demak dbr150. yech.. pagkaupo ko parang mababasag agad ang plastics nya.

today ibabalik ko sa dealer ang motor since there are some adjustments I want to make: tighten the clutch, tighten the brakes, adjust the engine. hindi pa brake in pero ipapaadjust ko na. oo nga pala, pati speedometer recalibrate ko. mali ata ang pagkakaassemble nila.

Guest lightspeed®
Bybthe way, aside from the shop of Saulog in Las Pinas, you guys know any big bike shops in the area? Or a mechanic? For exhaust, synch and tune, and brake pads?

meron dyan sa may caltex merville. lapit ka lang sa gas boy and ask for tata. nag home service siya. meron din isa pa, si coco. pm me if you need their numbers. pagawa mo na yan para maka ride na.

re exhaust system, kung yung mura lang na pupwede na, you might want to try mighty mike of MCP. or check with jake's custom bikes.