• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

• 3 weeks later...

Same as all the other trading tools it is important to know the advantages/disadvantages and the limitations of it.

To be specific; i'll give few examples.

For your online broker: does it have a screener on its own(how you choose good stock or name); does it provide a guide tech/fundamental reports (source of credible research and possible catalyst), does it have an app (alternative access beside the web; does it have a minimal downtime for you access), does it have a decent charting tool, in terms of money security is reputable enough and credible/secured on handling your money. Commissions, does it charged a fair price, short-cut/hot keys for faster input.

That's some of the things you should find out in my POV. Aside from knowing how to maneuver on the broker/tools you used.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Batang hampas lupa said:

Sana magkaroon na ng local stock platform na nag-oofer ng shorting sa PSE.

No brainer yung tanong TBH. Pero sige, sagutin naten. 

Technically, yung mga bagong brokers. Mostly likely, has a shorting features/functionality kaya lang sa ngaun ito ay nakadisable. (this was answered by edmund lee in one of COL's seminar; if I recall it right)

Baket? Kasi di pa naman approved ng Philippine Stock Exchange ang shorting sa pilipinas. Nagkaron ng discussions/meetings about it in the past, pero wala pa naman recent updates. Meaning to say, still under review yung mga guidelines/rules/ and etc before nila i-approved ito. Kaya nakadisable, para pag na-approved na, eenable nalang ito.

- Shorting was suggested, to provide more liquidity on the philippine market. Since, it was really a small market that is known to be illiquid compared to other markets.

- Also other markets, offers both long/shorting. So para maipattern naren sa iba. But for some reason, sobrang tagal na ng talks about it. But until now, ala pa din approval ng PSE.

Bottom line, lahat ng brokers. Sumusunod lang sila lahat sa PSE. 

• 4 weeks later...