• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

2nd year high, biology class: discussed the various systems in the body: respiratory system, digestive system, immune system... last presented was the reproductive system. last and, not surprisingly, most anticipated by the students. (because the teacher was not comfortable discussing it? tsk tsk tsk...) :rolleyes:

this should be mandatory and not just incorporated in Biology or Health subjects. the number of teens engaging in pre-marital sex is alarming and it somehow creates a snowball effect in our socio-economic system. how? teens would do it, get pregnant, stop school, will give birth, will end up jobless and undereducated then would have nothing to do but stay at home with the spouse who struggles to put food on the table and then at night, would romp again and after a few months, pregnancy once more and so the sick cycle goes thus adding more difficulties for our gov't officials to fix.

apart from having it in schools (sex educ), parents should be equally responsible and not too boxed up to teach or maybe orient their kids about the "birds and the bees" and its pros and cons. all of us should have a conscious effort to educate our youth so as to avoid the number of unwanted pregnancies, early marriages, population growth and he spread of STDs or worst, HIV AIDS.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I believe this is one of the controvertial issues included in the Reproductive Health Bill and being vigorously opposed by the church. But I believe that it should betaught at school. When I was Grade 4 we were taught by our teacher about sex and I admired her for approching the subject academically and with utmost seriousness and candor.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
walang masamang i-turo ito, lalo na't dito may kulang na kulang na kaalaman ang mga tao dito satin. dapat lang siguro maging maingat sa pagtalakay ng mga ganitong aspeto.

Tama po sir. Dapat pagaralan mabuti kung papano ito ituturo sa mga kabataan na hindi bastos at walang malisya. Sa edad ng mga kabataan ngayon ay mapupusok ang mga iyan. Isama din dapat sa pagturo ang family planning.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

nung grade 6 ako, the school nurse gave a lecture about sex. parang sex ed crash course. haha. after the lecture, most of us were joking na ang bastos pala ng nurse. haha. but seriously, i dont think there would be anything objectionable with sex ed if done properly.

i've always believed that knowledge is power. ignorance is bliss only when you consciously make that choice not to know, but for the inquisitive and curious mind that wants to know, suppression only fosters the desire further, and skirting around the issue only contributes to more misconceptions and confusion.

i think sex education should be taught in school. i learned about the birds and the bees from a combination of so many things, but this was never brought up with me within my own family, and definitely not from my catholic all-girls school. and while i think i've learned enough, i still believe discussing it from different angles and perspectives would help young people make better choices.

• 3 weeks later...
i've always believed that knowledge is power. ignorance is bliss only when you consciously make that choice not to know, but for the inquisitive and curious mind that wants to know, suppression only fosters the desire further, and skirting around the issue only contributes to more misconceptions and confusion.

i think sex education should be taught in school. i learned about the birds and the bees from a combination of so many things, but this was never brought up with me within my own family, and definitely not from my catholic all-girls school. and while i think i've learned enough, i still believe discussing it from different angles and perspectives would help young people make better choices.

How I wish na one day kumalat sa mga paaralan ang mga actual footage ng withrawal, using condom, mga iniinom na pills pati pagpapaabort.

Yes ignorance is a bliss. Madaming nag iisip ng madali lang mag paabort. Pero hindi ganun kadali un. may nakakaranas ng permanent damage like strong menstruation.

• 3 weeks later...