Coolest Decade To Live In?

Disregarding preferences on music and food, peak ng good economy natin ang early to mid 2000's.

I remember dyan nagstart mag pop-up and thrive ang mga biggest BPOs and multinational companies. Dati starting salary mo as a fresh grad, 22k na. Kapag mas prestigious pa, kaya umabot 35-40k. After 2 years, 50K na. I'm pretty sure of this because I still have my first payslip with me, and I wasn't special naman. I was in a company employing thousands. Well-paid fresh grads could even afford to rent their own studios in Makati that time.

Now it's 2022, magkano na ba starting salary? Halos ganyang pa rin, e ang presyo ng bilihin siguro up by 50% na. Sa amin starting salary 18-24k pa rin. Mga ibang empleyado samin, mid 30's na, kasal na, nakatira pa rin sa bahay ng magulang.

Hindi lang alam ng maraming kabataan, pero matagal na nag stagnate ang economy ng Pilipinas. Hindi na mauulit yung "jump in salary" caused by the outsourcing industry nung early 2000's. Dati in one month may 100-300 companies siguro nagbubukas sa Makati and Ortigas alone.

On 2/12/2022 at 11:44 PM, chessboxin said:

Disregarding preferences on music and food, peak ng good economy natin ang early to mid 2000's.

I remember dyan nagstart mag pop-up and thrive ang mga biggest BPOs and multinational companies. Dati starting salary mo as a fresh grad, 22k na. Kapag mas prestigious pa, kaya umabot 35-40k. After 2 years, 50K na. I'm pretty sure of this because I still have my first payslip with me, and I wasn't special naman. I was in a company employing thousands. Well-paid fresh grads could even afford to rent their own studios in Makati that time.

Now it's 2022, magkano na ba starting salary? Halos ganyang pa rin, e ang presyo ng bilihin siguro up by 50% na. Sa amin starting salary 18-24k pa rin. Mga ibang empleyado samin, mid 30's na, kasal na, nakatira pa rin sa bahay ng magulang.

Hindi lang alam ng maraming kabataan, pero matagal na nag stagnate ang economy ng Pilipinas. Hindi na mauulit yung "jump in salary" caused by the outsourcing industry nung early 2000's. Dati in one month may 100-300 companies siguro nagbubukas sa Makati and Ortigas alone.

Naalala ko when I was just a fresh grad around the late '90s, pag ang starting salary mo is 10k, okay na. Yung starting salary ko sa first job was 5k and then got bumped up to 7.5k after 3 months. Noong nag call center ako nung 2001, dun ko natikman ang basic salary na 12.5k tapos may mga night differential pay na 30 %, kaya umaabot ang net salary ko na halos 16k- masaya na ako nun. Until I got promoted as the years went along and tumaas din ang sueldo ko. So yes I agree na 2000's talaga umusbong ang ekonomiya natin. I experienced it first hand. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was born in the early to mid-90s so probably the best years of my youth was around 2002-2011. I do miss the good old days of then-advancing technology (not the one we're enjoying right now). Those Nokia phones, early versions of game consoles we still enjoy now, the MP3 players -- these early advancements of technology were definitely the biggest things back then. Simpler times when NBA had its decade defining stars, sports entertainment was at its peak, and so many others. It was a great period for development and it defined and help shape whatever technology/entertainment we enjoy now.

Edited by Raymoney
On 3/4/2022 at 10:16 PM, HornyHRManager said:

I second the motion. If only we can turn back the hands of time. 🙂

I was born in 1995 so my knowledge of the 90's is relatively cloudy. I wouldn't prefer that decade because internet then was very slow and most cars were still manual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Late 80's to early 90's 
di pa uso FB pero kilalang kilala no mga kaibigan at mga kapitbahay mo.
Hindi lahat ng tropa may telepono, pero tuwing may okasyon present lahat, kahit hindi imbitado nakakadalo. 😂
Walang sariling tsikot at Waze pero ang layo ng nararating nyo.
Walang masyadong pera pero halos araw araw nasa gimikan kayo.
Yung magsusuot ka ng bagong sapatos, tapos tatapakan ng buong tropa mo😂
sakto lang pera mo pang yosi, may makiki fifty pa sayo😂
Maghapon sa tambayan at nakikinig ng radyo ay masya na kayo.