• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

• 2 weeks later...

galing ng district 9 - low budget but wikus was very entertaining; galing din ng pagkagamit ng mocumentary style sa una...very sociological din, apartheid-themed, although aliens vs humans na, hindi black vs white...kaso i was expecting na full blown aliens vs humans talaga yung plot..pero nice pa din..8/10

time traveler's wife - kulang yung movie sa ilang details sa book pero di mo naman kaya ilagay lahat sa isang 90 minute flick...this wsa the best they could have done...rachel mcadams was brilliant here, made me really fel sorry for claire...mas gusto ko ending ng movie kesa sa book...gand rin ng cinematography 7/10

final destination - just awful, yung maganda lang dito yung mga babae...2/10

• 2 weeks later...
^

sloppy story telling. director made a complicated story line even more complicated. wouldn't recommend it. talking about duplicity.

Thanks paps, i bought a DVD movie pero blurry sa gitna so decided to not watch it anymore...hahahah

but i like how CLIVE OWEN portrays his character, siyang siya talaga, hahahaaha

Julia is Julia so, nuff said!!

:thumbsupsmiley:

anyways, watched STILL THE MAN starring SAMUEL L. JACKSON as SHAFT

i give it 3/5 as there were lots of cursing (typical John Singleton movies, hahhah)

but Christian Bale is there as the bad guy, so ok na yun...hahahha

so far just few of pinoy movies i loved. And I love You So ni bea. Lines are good, although parang napanood mo na ung story line from an english movie pero magaleng pa rin. also yesterday i watched Fireproof its about marriage...saving marriage from annulment... it was a really touchy how the guy saved the marriage not the typical story where women are the one who always wants to save their marriage. watch it. next: district 9. ill post kung its worth watching.

If you enjoyed FIREPROOF try Facing the Giants and Faith Like Potatoes

• 2 weeks later...

saw public enemies starring johnny depp.

i've always been fascinated with stories of the old gangsters of the 20's and 30's. and john dilinger tops them all. i was especially enthralled by the story of dillinger's final moments- how he was entrapped with the help the lady in red, and how he was finally gunned down after years of chasing him.

the movie public enemies i hoped would capture the excitement of the stories i've read about dilinger when i was a kid. but it didn't.

the movie often would drag in parts and i blame the scriptwriting for this. i felt that the old documentaries on these gangsters were better written and were even more entertaining to watch.

the saving grace for me is watching the cool johnny depp portray john dilinger. but sadly, even mr. depp couldn't save this movie from the drag that it is.

Fame- Don't watch it

Its a waste of money. Poorly developed script that left you hanging in the end. Music that is terrible.. C'mon if that guy is the best singer in that arts school... half the Filipino population could sing better than he does. Even Hilary Duff's movie about arts school was better. It felt like they were telling too many stories at the same time and none of those stories had an ending. Bad bad movie. Don't watch!

Saw VI (2009)

We were all let down by Saw 5 and believe me as a huge fan of the Saw series I was nervous going to see this, I knew if they did not pull it off the series would be as good as dead. This film is easily the best since part two, and somehow actually made me want to see part seven. For those already invested in the series "Saw VI" is a Halloween treat. It's smarter than the previous three and it features some of the series most interesting traps.

Jennifer's Body

Megan Fox is sooo dang hot in this one...me nude scene siya rito (malayo ang kuha pero halata ang wankatang niya nakakatakam!!!). Me kissing scene pala siya kay Amanda (Mamma Mia!) Seyfried (as "Needy", Jennifer's nerdy-nerdy na BFF)

Me pagka-homage ito kina "Carrie" & "The Exorcist"...medyo me pagka-OA ang dialogue ni Diablo Cody (na sumulat rin ng "Juno")