• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

assassins creed...

having played some of the games from this series, i already expected this movie will suck and it did. Andun yung base story but it failed in delivering the narrative well enough. Kahit hindi mo nalaro yung game or hindi ka familiar sa backstory, sigurado mababaduyan ka pa rin kasi hindi maayos ang pacing, masyado minadali.

Honestly, they should have stuck with the original narrative parang sa marvel pero kasi andami nila iniba dito. Plot lang yung kinuha sa main story tapos hindi pa maayos ang pagkaka-kwento. Parang nasira lang pangalan ng series dahil sa movie na to.

• 1 month later...

Looks like DC's rising as The LEGO Batman Movie is getting more positive reviews. Below is one of them.

http://cbr3.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/lego-batman-movie-header.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=984&h=518&fit=crop

“The LEGO Batman Movie” is a total blast. Packed with color, character, wit and energy, it’s not afraid to get silly, but smart enough to layer in meta humor that’s sure to reward rewatching.

http://www.cbr.com/lego-batman-movie-review/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

I totally missed out on Suicide Squad not because of the bad reviews but because I simply did not have enough time. So I watched Doctor Strange over the weekend and it just one of the better films of the year. I bet people here already saw the film but here is my opinion on it. The story is deep but not mind numbingly complicated. It's like Inception and Unbreakable narrated in the Marvel style of story telling. Time, space and reality are bent to ungodly proportions. Such a feat is unfathomable but the production staff made a good job of making it visual and understandable for feeble minded mortals like me. Cheers to Marvel. Now if DC can make an equally good job with their movies......

Wait until the releases of Wonder Woman and Justice League this year. Why? Because DC Comics' top creator Geoff Johns is now involved with both productions and having power over the filmmakers, he helped rewrite the scripts and had re-shoots done.

Geoff Johns is Warner Bros./DC's equivalent to Marvel Studio's heart-and-soul Kevin Feige.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Good stuff:

1. The story has a lot of substance especially in the final 25 minutes. The substance reconnects nicely not only with the first film but also with a tremendous plot related to the past. I found it surprising, intriguing and worth watching.

2. Lots of stunts and action scenes led by Milla Jovovich as before.

3. Ali Larter's return as Claire Redfield is worth the long wait since 2010's Resident Evil: Afterlife.

4. Nice mix of suspense and horror to balance with the action scenes.

Bad stuff:

1. Very terrible film editing.

2. Excessive hand-held camera photography and shaky cam moments.

3. The usual lazy approach of director/screenwriter Paul W. S. Anderson with regards to certain story details. Unsurprisingly no explanation was provided as to what happened to Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy and Ada Wong since after Resident Evil: Retribution ended.

4. Despite the film's title, the ending is not conclusive.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait until the releases of Wonder Woman and Justice League this year. Why? Because DC Comics' top creator Geoff Johns is now involved with both productions and having power over the filmmakers, he helped rewrite the scripts and had re-shoots done.

Geoff Johns is Warner Bros./DC's equivalent to Marvel Studio's heart-and-soul Kevin Feige.

For real? I almost gave up on DC Extended Universe, but this kinda got my hopes up. Thanks for sharing the info

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...