• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

World war z is good.it has "real world" scenarios and tactics that we can all learn from (any preppers out there?)

Its the type of film that i like where it's not predictable.although there are a lot of plot holes but the cause of the zombification and the cure is not the point of the movie.

It is a father's story.not a superhero story.he is just one dad trying to do what he can to protect his family.

For an averge movie goer,it's a 6.5 or maybe 7 out of 10.

For zombie geeks,it is an 8 - 8.5 out of 10.right up there with the movie Zombieland.

Off topic:

Im wishing for a "Last of us" movie adaptation.that would be awesome!No known actors please!!!all fresh faces with indie style footage.and no white wash and boob actresses...

World war z is good.it has "real world" scenarios and tactics that we can all learn from (any preppers out there?)

Its the type of film that i like where it's not predictable.although there are a lot of plot holes but the cause of the zombification and the cure is not the point of the movie.

It is a father's story.not a superhero story.he is just one dad trying to do what he can to protect his family.

For an averge movie goer,it's a 6.5 or maybe 7 out of 10.

For zombie geeks,it is an 8 - 8.5 out of 10.right up there with the movie Zombieland.

Off topic:

Im wishing for a "Last of us" movie adaptation.that would be awesome!No known actors please!!!all fresh faces with indie style footage.and no white wash and boob actresses...

• 2 weeks later...
<br>any review for pacific rim?<br>

excellent movie judged by itself.

great and well worth the price of admission if you're a fan of the genre.

just saw it and i'm thinking i would not mind watching it again. sana may 2D na IMAX

Edited by Labuyo

Click on titles for reviews to:

Pacific Rim

"i like big 'bots and i cannot lie" -- good one! i watched pacific rim on the basis of two reviews - yours and another jap giant-robot anime geek's. the movie was entertaining with an understandably simple plot, but why was the female lead so strange and slow in her reactions? she spent half the film with her mouth agape i thought. was that purposely done or is she just a terrible actress? sorry if you're a fan.

(did you catch the dubbed portions that were apparently integral to the movie?)

for this girl - who grew up religiously watching Voltes V, Mazinger Z, and Daimos - the visual effects and the action scenes were indeed stupendous and an obvious paean to the genre. gotta love guillermo del toro.

"i like big 'bots and i cannot lie" -- good one! i watched pacific rim on the basis of two reviews - yours and another jap giant-robot anime geek's. the movie was entertaining with an understandably simple plot, but why was the female lead so strange and slow in her reactions? she spent half the film with her mouth agape i thought. was that purposely done or is she just a terrible actress? sorry if you're a fan.

for this girl - who grew up religiously watching Voltes V, Mazinger Z, and Daimos - the visual effects and the action scenes were indeed stupendous and an obvious paean to the genre. gotta love guillermo del toro.

Thanks for the love...still hungover from that film's stupendous awesomeness. Keep your eyes peeled for my upcoming The Wolverine review, among others.

oooh...1970s mechas. finished all episodes of those three. maybe ron pearlman can play doctor hell in a mazinger z movie.

• 4 weeks later...