• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

Cabin in the woods is a movie for the movie fanatics. why? kasi it breaks all horror flick cliche'.This is the scream version of cheezy horror films (kung maalala ninyo, the movie scream also broke slasher film genre rules)

I am not an expert in movies, my semi expertise are movies after 2000 (kasi yun lang yung time na pwede na akong manood hanggang R18 so i can watch a lot of movies).

i was watching this with a smile on my face kasi it broke my Order of death when watching a cheezy Horror flicks. to give you a background on my rules,here they are:

SPOILER ALERTS!!!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order of Death

1. Assholes/bullies/horny couples/big chested girl (mostly "dumb blonde",but not bitchy) Survival tip : learn jujitsu so when you trip and fall, you can still defend yourself, and no your not thin enough to squeeze through there. :P

2. One Insignificant character - Survival tip: Talk at least once every 5 mins to avoid being insignificant...

3. Asians - ouch! hahaha.never seen an asian survive.unless its an asian movie.hahaha.maybe because they all have apple cut hairdos

4. People with thick framed nerdy eye glasses - Survival tip: be smart and super glue your eye glasses to your face so it wont fall off!

5. Comic reliefs or two best buddies (again, are insignificant)

7. Alpha males police/military character that have the possibility to kick ass.

6. Bitchy characters who torment the main character (payback karma!)

after that, the rest will surely survive.unless your in a movie that has the words FINAL and DESTINATION in it :)

People who survives other than the main character

1. Good looking heroes who sacrifice themselves to buy time for the main characters (unless they show his/her death scene)

2. children (unless the child has an apple cut hair. apple cut hair = evil hahaha!)

3. pregnant women

4. old people

5. people with mental disorder that portrays an innocent nature

SPOILER for cabin in the woods (well matagal nang showing kaya pwede na)------------------------------------------------------------------

What i love about the cabin in the woods is that THE COMIC RELIEF lives!!!hahaha!!!

brod,, no need to pry on the old movies already,, since the thread is all about NOW SHOWING,, AND I THINK IT MEANT NOW SHOWING IN THE PHILIPPINES,,,!,,, otherwise youll end up like the others who are talking about old movies or movies that have not yet been currently shown,, and therefore OUT OF THE TOPIC!!!

I HONESTLY AM GLAD THAT ALMOST EVERYONE LIKED THE SPIDERMAN,,, ITS SIMPLY IS AMAZING!!!!!

ok b ung Braham Licoln vampire hunter? any review?

it was fairly ok. being a fan of lincoln the man, i was really looking forward to the film but, in the end, the attempt to cover most of lincoln's life - his humble beginnings, his marriage, his presidency, the civil war - and then the attempt to mesh it with the vampiric elements of the story were a dead weight on the film.

the action could have been more visceral, because even if the vampires looked frightening enough, it still didn't feel like any of the main characters were truly in any mortal danger. i thought the acting was pretty good, as rufus sewell who plays the lead vampire is always satisfying as a villain. dominic cooper as a vampire hunter and benjamin walker (looking like a young liam neeson) as abe were also competent in their roles. the acting wasn't the problem. the story was.

hehe, sorry for the previous review. natuwa lang kasi ako sa cabin in the woods and it deserve some credit

abraham lincoln vampire hunter:

possible spoilers so please skip kung ayaw-------------------------------------------------------------------------

honestly the twist would have been ok if they did it in a way na parang forrest gump, yun bang parang ma explain yung history ng US na kaya pala ganun kasi may influence ng vampire or may malaking connection sa history.though some correlation was there, kaso parang bitin. para bang sige gawa tayo ng movie tapos basta kalaban niya ang vampire.

the pacing was very fast na tipong konting panning ng camera matanda na si abraham, hehehe. plus there was a conflict on flow of the story.(SPOILERS) there was a point where nalito na ako kung saan pupunta ang story, political ba, or hunting vampires. i know that that was the point some where in time pero sana nabigyan ng clear "fork in the road" na tipong nalilito siya kung alin ang way na pipiliin.i just felt that the story was rushed

action wise, i like the action scenes pero na set na kasi ang standard ko na fantasy/old america dun sa movie na sherlock holmes. parang ganung fight scenes na ang gusto kong makita pag ganung type na movie at ganung re-imagining. though the axe wielding was superb.

and the girl, i forgot the name,tinatamad mag google,she was great, i like the face pero i like her more sa modern films na sky high at grind house deathproof. cheer leader-ish hottie!!hahha. i will watch her in a slasher horror film though. scream 6 anyone?

OVERALL the movie is a so-so movie. for me, not even recommended for a date or a barkada movie. kasi kami ng barkada ko napakamot ng ulo after :(

The Dark Knight Rises... saw it last night and it was looooooong and dragging. The Dark Knight is still the best of the 3 Nolan Movies. The film tries hard and long to outdo The Dark Knight instead of becoming a picture all its own. I will offer no spoilers but in an honest to goodness perspective the movie is not EPIC. Movie was at least 2:45mins long.

The Dark Knight Rises... saw it last night and it was looooooong and dragging. The Dark Knight is still the best of the 3 Nolan Movies. The film tries hard and long to outdo The Dark Knight instead of becoming a picture all its own. I will offer no spoilers but in an honest to goodness perspective the movie is not EPIC. Movie was at least 2:45mins long.

I've just watched it too, I thought they would be needing a subtitle for Alfred and Bane's dialogue. The ending tells that there would be a trio for the next sequel.

thanks for the dark knight review,, sayang i was waiting to see this one,,,

I watched Abraham Lincoln though and I thought it was a good movie,,, you have to be there in all the scenes since ,, di nga ako makapagtoilet kahit cr na cr na ako,, hehehe

how about ICE AGE ? would you greatly recommend it for the whole family? corny ba o nakakataw? TIA..

last na pala ito ng trilogy, 'ket kaya parang inintroduce pa nila dito si Robin?

Sa pagkakaalala ko sa comics, si Robin (yung Dick Grayson na Robin) ang naging Batman nung "nawala" si Bruce Wayne.

So siguro sa kwento ni Christoper Nolan pinakita nya na "nag-turnover" si Bruce Wayne ng "job position" nya dun sa baguhan. ^_^

Dark knight the movie

SPOILER ALERT!!!!----------------------------------------------------------------

if you watched the movie just to see the following

1. gadgets (the gun with the LED lights)

2.batmobile

3.the flying BAT

4.catwoman

5.wanting to see if bane will get bigger if he presses the button (because you saw Batman and Robin)

then you have my permission to skip this post, you might be disappointed...oh, and im not well versed with the batman genre so correct me if im wrong,

The movie do start slow, very slow. kasi they are introducing all the characters. the plot itself is so complicated kasi they really wanted to end the franchise well. knowing the characters well have a very big effect on the latter part of the movie (if you know what i mean).

take note that the recent batman franchise tries to show you what will it be like if batman exists in our world. its the same overhaul made in the comics. from the "Holy smokes Batman!" comics to the darker version that we love today.so this is as close that we can get to the real one

Bane: not the best actor i agree. hands down Heath Ledger as the joker pa rin ang best villain. sa dark knight rises, Bane, hindi masyadong theatrics.body gestures are not that appealing. kulang sa galaw, bakit?comparing it with joker, si joker wants to have fun while doing it. joker also convinces people to do what he wants. he knows his weakness, which is he is physically weak. but for bane, he has the strength and the mind to do what he wants.no need for theatrics. if you dont agree with him, then you die, as simple as that.

as for the voice of bane, yup, malabo. but not if you watch it in Imax or a high end cinema :P

the slow introduction is needed because it is in line with the theme (this i got from IMDB, and it was very good). the theme for Dark night rises is simply PAIN. spiritual,emotional,psychological, and physical pain. batman had to endure all of them in order to rise.bane, and his friends (hahaha, will not spoil) are the only people who can deliver that pain.

if you have watched slasher movies na in the end e mapapa "ay, siya pala yung killer". those are the cheap plot twists.

----spoiler alert--- for dark night rises, mapapa "HA bakit mo ginawa yun?!!" . you feel like that person also betrayed you, why? kasi nga the characters were introduced very well. slowly but very well. nainvest na ang tiwala, galit,etc mo sa mga characters.

if ever you did not feel that, ok lang naman. may mga tao lang talaga na nanonood ng movie as an experience and as an appreciation of moving art, not as a past time.

Para sa akin, the ending part is not a foreshadowing of a fourth batman movie. this is how you close that franchise. sorry folks but sometimes end scenes like that do not mean na meron. this is not an avengers/xmen/fast furious movie.it is not open ended also. bottom line, its the proper way to end this franchise.if ever na meron ngang sunod na movie after noon, they have to surpass whatever bar the dark knight has set.and the bar was set really high.also, it might portray an image na they are milking the franchise. i for one am hesitant if i want to watch a sequel. lalo na kung iba ang director. kasi cris nolan gets the idea behind batman.na stamp na niya ang pangalan niya sa batman franchise.and Bale will be the real batman/bruce wayne just as iron man is robert downy jr,joker will be heath, and thor is the hemsworth guy (haha)

OVERALL

I can say for me that the DArk knight rises is the best batman movie ever made. this even extends to animated series.it is also the top movie for me. it scores a solid 10/10 and is a must watch lalo na kung napanood ninyo yung previous movies.the story is gripping, the pace is proper, the plot is complex enough to tickle the mind and smacks you at the exact moment, the villains are realistic, and the mood is appropriate.

It is a must watch (kailangan ko pa bang sabihin yun?hahaha) for everyone lalo na sa batman fans (alam ko madami kayong hinahanap lalo na yung back breaking at yung "crocs in the sewers" :P)

Dark Knight Rises, Best Movie Ever...

Edited by simplyeric
Sa pagkakaalala ko sa comics, si Robin (yung Dick Grayson na Robin) ang naging Batman nung "nawala" si Bruce Wayne.

kaya lang iniba nila yung pangalan nya dito.

alam natin na batman is bruce wayne

and original robin is dick grayson.

let's say na kahit iniba ang origin pero

hindi sana 100% inalis.

pwede naging orphan sya dahil namatay

parents nya from circus at at may nag-ampon

sa kanya na hindi si bruce.

binago pangalan then naging pulis sya

Edited by SoundWave
Dark knight the movie

OVERALL

I can say for me that the DArk knight rises is the best batman movie ever made. this even extends to animated series.it is also the top movie for me. it scores a solid 10/10 and is a must watch lalo na kung napanood ninyo yung previous movies.the story is gripping, the pace is proper, the plot is complex enough to tickle the mind and smacks you at the exact moment, the villains are realistic, and the mood is appropriate.

It is a must watch (kailangan ko pa bang sabihin yun?hahaha) for everyone lalo na sa batman fans (alam ko madami kayong hinahanap lalo na yung back breaking at yung "crocs in the sewers" :P)

Dark Knight Rises, Best Movie Ever...

good job, eric. this was everything an epic ending should be.

True to the theme na epic nga ito.there are only a handful of sequels na kayang maging ganito ang ending.kadalasan kasi nagiiwan ng option na may continuation para kumita pa ng pera,but sooner or later nagsasawa ang tao.

In this case,they ended with a bang.habang sikat na sikat pa.

kung makikita ninyo ang dark night rises,the director gave almost each supporting role a nod goodbye and a closure.madaming cameos ng previous alive characters.

And maganda ang write up ng imdb.in this movie,gotham showed that they dont need batman anymore.yung mga police,they stood up for themselves,the detective (too lazy to google),na soon to be new batman,hinarap yung gunfire sa bridge to save the children.the thief showed that she cares for the city and not just for herself. The coward chief of police ay nauna pa nung nag rally,namatay nga lang. This is the reason na kailanan nang iclose itong franchise na ito...

Magic Mike

Possible SPOILER WARNING -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skip this post if you dont want the movie to be spoiled in any way. kasi paminsan hindi ko namamalayan ang post ko.no hard feelings! :)

The movie is definitely a woman's movie for the eye candy. hahaha. pero story wise, medyo magulo ang presentation. although i get the idea na there is this veteran stripper and he is getting "old" for the job and wants to pursue his dream of having his own business, then there is this bum of a brother na walang direction sa buhay at kailangan pang alagaan ng ate.

the part where the lives of the two intersects, ok lang. pero somewhere along the line medyo naguluhan na ako kung kaninong movie ba talaga ito? i know na dapat may transition na si veteran e naghahanap na ng way to get out, and finds love along the way, tapos si bum-brother naman e ang papalit sa trono niya. pero medyo shady lang ang transition. yun lang naman

as for the dancing, they hired the actors from CSI miami,the guy from blue collar, and the other two i forgot kung saan. well one disapointing thing is yung lead actor lang ang marunong sumayaw. and i shows kasi ine-edit out nila yung part na magsasayaw na yung iba.nahahatak tuloy pababa yung galing ni magic mike. pero again, part of the movie to highlight that he is the great.lalo na yung nag solo siya without showing his abs or butt na pure dance lang. sana lang kung si bum-brother e papalit sa trono ni veteran, galing galingan naman niya ang sayaw or ipakita na hindi lang siya face value. hahahaha.

again for the eye candy, ladies, madaming ass shots at abs shots sa movie na ito so ayun, enjoy!

for the acting, good acting from channing tatum and channing tatum ang matthew mcconaughey (i had to google this for the name and spelling,hindi ako magaling sa parehas, haha). starting with matthew, believable ang acting na this is his business. he owns this and he wants this. stripper turned business owner. as for channing. very much appreciated ang natural delivery niya ng lines everytime na meron siyang comedy-love story na movie (same acting he did with the movie "the vow" and "step up", come to think of it, that is the only acting he has pag romantic comedy,hahahha)

channing delivers a different way of acting kapag drama and comedy. well as of now it might not win him any major award aside from MTV awards, pero it shows that this is what the younger generation feels, parang ang acting niya ay :"this is me when given that situation,go get a camera and make a movie out of it"

as for the girl (cody horn, again, had to google). same vibe as channing. natural delivery. like recording someone off the street. she is not that hot as olivia munn (oh olivia, no need to google), pero its part of the story. magic mike wants to have a real girl, one that sees him as mike, not magic mike.

as for olivia, the hotness is there. the role i get na girl wants to have fun on the side while still having a straight arrow fiance. pero her character's presentation in the movie is too short to get to know her na parang mapapa "who the f* was that?gf ba yun?kapatid?fling fling?bakit pasulpot sulpot?pag fubu iba ang portrayal"

OVERALL

i think the movie was so-so borderline average. a movie na pwedeng hintayin nalang sa DVD and panooring pag walang ginagawa.it is a filler movie for me, one we watch to cleanse the palate in anticipation for the dark knight :P but the movie is of course still fascinating and of course fun to watch. good thing walang Magic Mike 3D!hahaha