The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

so far just few of pinoy movies i loved. And I love You So ni bea. Lines are good, although parang napanood mo na ung story line from an english movie pero magaleng pa rin. also yesterday i watched Fireproof its about marriage...saving marriage from annulment... it was a really touchy how the guy saved the marriage not the typical story where women are the one who always wants to save their marriage. watch it. next: district 9. ill post kung its worth watching.

I watched District 9 yesterday, and I liked it. peter jackson galeng mo! documentary ung pag present ng story about aliens na stranded sa earth specifically in south africa. Contrary sa mga alien movies we have watched before instead of doing everything we can to make them leave the earth this time a group of bureaucrats placed them in a government refugee. they gave them names! hehehe and houses in short parang inampon. this is how this movie is different from other alien movies kaya sya naging maganda (well atleast for us who loved it) until the time na nadiscover ni Wikus (bida) ang isang canister containing a liquid from alien technology - parang langis ng mothership nila. Na expose sya turning him into one of the aliens referred to as "Prawns" sa movie kasi para silang malalaking hipon. (malamang prawns nga eh) then nalaman ng MNU where he works for - a military contractor na ung pag infect sa kanya ng liquid na yun allows him to use the alien weapons na na-harvest nila na akala nila useless dati for humans. so knowing this gusto nila iharvest ung organs ni Wikus para i-study nila and of course hindi gusto un ni Wikus kasi sempre mamatay sya duh! hehehe...kaya in short naging fugitive sya...then nalaman un ng isa sa mga alien na kinausap nya para irelocate na apparently for the last 20 years they spent at earth eh gumagawa pala ng paraan to go back to the mothership, sinabi nya kay wikus na pwede nyang ibalik sya sa normal ulit. ang problem ung liquid na un is na confiscate ng MNU so they teamed up to steal the liquid. . however nahuli sila wikas and christopher - name ng alien and Wikus sacrificed para makatakas si christopher he promise na babalik sya to cure him - so may friendship na nabuo between human and alien - parang E.T. movie lang :D galing ng transition ng story. not to mention na they spent only 30 million but the special effects and alien characters polido ung pagkakagawa. ang hindi lng maganda sa movie is medyo madaming putol and also the only question i had was why in south africa? parang meron stinger na may kasunod kasi sabi sa ending nalipat din ung mga alien sa District 10 and the promise of the alien na babalik in 3 years (un daw ung time para maka gawa ulit ng liquid to tranform Wikus back to human form) although sa end ng movie pinakita na full blown alien na si Wikus. try nyo lang :D

I watched District 9 yesterday, and I liked it. peter jackson galeng mo! documentary ung pag present ng story about aliens na stranded sa earth specifically in south africa. Contrary sa mga alien movies we have watched before instead of doing everything we can to make them leave the earth this time a group of bureaucrats placed them in a government refugee. they gave them names! hehehe and houses in short parang inampon. this is how this movie is different from other alien movies kaya sya naging maganda (well atleast for us who loved it) until the time na nadiscover ni Wikus (bida) ang isang canister containing a liquid from alien technology - parang langis ng mothership nila. Na expose sya turning him into one of the aliens referred to as "Prawns" sa movie kasi para silang malalaking hipon. (malamang prawns nga eh) then nalaman ng MNU where he works for - a military contractor na ung pag infect sa kanya ng liquid na yun allows him to use the alien weapons na na-harvest nila na akala nila useless dati for humans. so knowing this gusto nila iharvest ung organs ni Wikus para i-study nila and of course hindi gusto un ni Wikus kasi sempre mamatay sya duh! hehehe...kaya in short naging fugitive sya...then nalaman un ng isa sa mga alien na kinausap nya para irelocate na apparently for the last 20 years they spent at earth eh gumagawa pala ng paraan to go back to the mothership, sinabi nya kay wikus na pwede nyang ibalik sya sa normal ulit. ang problem ung liquid na un is na confiscate ng MNU so they teamed up to steal the liquid. . however nahuli sila wikas and christopher - name ng alien and Wikus sacrificed para makatakas si christopher he promise na babalik sya to cure him - so may friendship na nabuo between human and alien - parang E.T. movie lang :D galing ng transition ng story. not to mention na they spent only 30 million but the special effects and alien characters polido ung pagkakagawa. ang hindi lng maganda sa movie is medyo madaming putol and also the only question i had was why in south africa? parang meron stinger na may kasunod kasi sabi sa ending nalipat din ung mga alien sa District 10 and the promise of the alien na babalik in 3 years (un daw ung time para maka gawa ulit ng liquid to tranform Wikus back to human form) although sa end ng movie pinakita na full blown alien na si Wikus. try nyo lang :D

Peter Jackson is merely the producer here...the real brains behind this project is Canadian-born South African Neil Blomkamp.

Saw that along with Up last Saturday....

Medyo na-move ako sa premise ng Up...you never get too old to open yourself to new experiences...

Sa District 9 naman, astig mga robots rito...definitely blows Terminator: Salvation and Transformers: ROTF right out of the water. It stands out not just as a critique of South Africa's apartheid past, but also of humanity's ethnocentric attitudes...yes, aliens know family too....

After that, I'd think twice or thrice before helping myself to tempura or camaron relleno/rebosado...for all I know, it could be Christopher Johnson or his kid

^^ yeah, si christopher! :lol: naalala ko siya bago ako matulog the night after i saw the film, poignant ang prawn na ito. district9 is just an OK alien movie for me, though. it's nice that's the plot's unpredictable and the story was presented in a documentary manner through flashbacks and interviews, but i was expecting more action and gore.

bruno---short and gay. :lol: that's pretty much it. if you are somehow concerned about fashion, you'd get this. it's funny naman, but i guess most straight guys would find this movie too... hmm... gay.

I loved Borat, I hated Bruno. I'm one of those people. Lol.

napansin ko na mixed ang reviews sa district 9, pero para sakin ok siya. gusto ko din ung message ng film maganda.

Yeah I really liked the movie coz it was so unique!

• 2 weeks later...

galing ng district 9 - low budget but wikus was very entertaining; galing din ng pagkagamit ng mocumentary style sa una...very sociological din, apartheid-themed, although aliens vs humans na, hindi black vs white...kaso i was expecting na full blown aliens vs humans talaga yung plot..pero nice pa din..8/10

time traveler's wife - kulang yung movie sa ilang details sa book pero di mo naman kaya ilagay lahat sa isang 90 minute flick...this wsa the best they could have done...rachel mcadams was brilliant here, made me really fel sorry for claire...mas gusto ko ending ng movie kesa sa book...gand rin ng cinematography 7/10

final destination - just awful, yung maganda lang dito yung mga babae...2/10

• 2 weeks later...
^

sloppy story telling. director made a complicated story line even more complicated. wouldn't recommend it. talking about duplicity.

Thanks paps, i bought a DVD movie pero blurry sa gitna so decided to not watch it anymore...hahahah

but i like how CLIVE OWEN portrays his character, siyang siya talaga, hahahaaha

Julia is Julia so, nuff said!!

:thumbsupsmiley:

anyways, watched STILL THE MAN starring SAMUEL L. JACKSON as SHAFT

i give it 3/5 as there were lots of cursing (typical John Singleton movies, hahhah)

but Christian Bale is there as the bad guy, so ok na yun...hahahha

so far just few of pinoy movies i loved. And I love You So ni bea. Lines are good, although parang napanood mo na ung story line from an english movie pero magaleng pa rin. also yesterday i watched Fireproof its about marriage...saving marriage from annulment... it was a really touchy how the guy saved the marriage not the typical story where women are the one who always wants to save their marriage. watch it. next: district 9. ill post kung its worth watching.

If you enjoyed FIREPROOF try Facing the Giants and Faith Like Potatoes

• 2 weeks later...

saw public enemies starring johnny depp.

i've always been fascinated with stories of the old gangsters of the 20's and 30's. and john dilinger tops them all. i was especially enthralled by the story of dillinger's final moments- how he was entrapped with the help the lady in red, and how he was finally gunned down after years of chasing him.

the movie public enemies i hoped would capture the excitement of the stories i've read about dilinger when i was a kid. but it didn't.

the movie often would drag in parts and i blame the scriptwriting for this. i felt that the old documentaries on these gangsters were better written and were even more entertaining to watch.

the saving grace for me is watching the cool johnny depp portray john dilinger. but sadly, even mr. depp couldn't save this movie from the drag that it is.