• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Apple iPhone

Loving the new iPhone X. Although I’m really disappointed with the revelation by apple that they do throttle older models of the iPhone. For whatever reason, that fact is truly a deceptive move on their part and would cause some sort of an exodus to other os available like android and windows.

Why would you pick the iPhone 8 or X vs the Samsung s8/s8+?

First, because apple control both hw and sw, which means optimized

Second, quality. Have u heard of any major/critical issue with any iphone?

Third, with higher safety specs requirements than the compliance standards

Fourth, high end parts used for a premium phone

Fifth, security is better

• 3 weeks later...

I dont even use my X, I only use it for candy crush (not fully compatible), or just my GF taking photos or animojis. Its just on airplane mode.

I still prefer my 6s. Yesterday I went to the apple store in UAE, as on zdnet says even though you pass the 80% battery diagnostic test, they will still give you 99dhs replacement (50$ discount) for the issue about apple slowing down older phone models.

Turns out it isnt true, you have to fail the 80% mark, mine is 87.8% battery capacity and my phone is already 3+ years old. I told them its draining fast than before and slower, the genius guy just told me to back up, wipe the whole thing and run a DFU mode reset (how jailbreak can be done as well). As it can speed it up the process, and saying due to applications cache thats slowing the phone down.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sumuko ng tuluyan iyong 5S ko a few days ago (after 4 years of so of torture) so I got me the 8 dahil hindi ko balak isangla ang atay ko para makabili ng X at masyadong bulky sa bulsa ang 8 Plus. Hindi ako techie at gusto ko iyong familiarity ng 8. Hindi siya alienating kagaya ng X. Para ka lang bumili ng iPhone na malaki ang screen. May mga nagagawa siya na hindi nagawa ni 5S for obvious reasons pero syempre hindi tinodo ni Apple iyong features dahil hindi naman siya flagship. So far masaya naman ako. Dumihin nga lang siya dahil sa glass casing pero pwede na siyang hugasan dahil IP68 na siya. Iyan pa lang naman complaint ko. Idagdag pa pala iyong panget na 3.5 mm to lightning adapter niya. Parang anytime maisisira na, or mawawala ko muna bago masira.

Edited by startoffbeat

iPhone X is ok....yung unlocking lang ayaw ko (face ID) parang ang bagal irecognize mukha ko. Mas trip ko talaga yung touchID

I never have a problem sa face id, kahit sa dilim o nakagilid ako basta tumingin ako mismo ok sya. Ulitin mo lang sa not too bright na lighting.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

iPhone X is ok....yung unlocking lang ayaw ko (face ID) parang ang bagal irecognize mukha ko. Mas trip ko talaga yung touchID

You have to be looking at the Iphone to unlock it. You can change this in the settings but it could be easier for someone (like a friend) who grabs your phone to easily unlock it without your permission. You can look away or close your eyes and the phone won't unlock, disabling it and it will just recognize your face and unlock.