• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Home /private Gyms

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2024 at 11:42 AM, neilgayuman said:

Home equipment got me through the pandemic when the gyms were closed.

Same. Started lifting seriously to keep myself from going insane during lockdown. All I had back then were stuff that my housemate already had, which was more than enough to start: a barbell, loadable DBs, bench, and a bunch of non-standard plates.

Building the habit was the first, and probably ongoing, pillar of lifting that one must acquire. Doing what you can with what you have consistently will get you fitter than someone building the perfect program and never following through.

I'm in a low point in my fitness journey right now - was forced off lifting for health reasons for over 2 months, bodyweight is up, and conditioning is shit. Losing progress is a common problem for many home gym lifters kasi nga nakakatamad talaga, lalo na kung nawalan ka ng bwelo.

So I dropped my goals down to a step above rock bottom - 1 set per exercise, but lift regularly. Thanks to this, nakatapos ako ng 2 sessions this week, breaking my layoff sa wakas. Consistency really is key, at malaking bagay din kung beginner-friendly yung home gym equipment: squat rack w/ pulldown attachment, barbell, bench, & loadable DB handles.

Having a decent home gym IMO is one of the best investments into your fitness you can make. That money goes into equipment that last years, and can build a body that will be so much fitter on average (and with no extra cash out necessary) than chugging on supplements or subbing to a commercial gym that you'll go to how often?

Of course, YMMV parati. Follow what you can do consistently, and keep progressing. Just put one step in front of the other, and aim to be better than yesterday, everyday.

On 6/21/2024 at 1:46 AM, Fitzroy said:

I bought a power cage last year. I use it til now about 2-3x a week

Probably one of the best investments you can make to your home gym ever. (An olympic barbell & plates is probably #1 haha.) Get you access to *safe* squats and bench press, convenient overhead press, and you have a ton of potential for more exercises by adding attachments to the pin holes.

Pag rainy season na sa pinas. Mas okay mag invest ka na sa equipment since madami na nag bebenta ng mura sa shopee/lazada. Pero maganda pa rin pumunta ng gym since kumpleto ng gamit and avail ka coach na licensed. It will help a lot as long as you have the money for it. Main factor din especially yung diet mo. You are what you eat. So eat healthy.

• 2 months later...