The Football Thread

Labuyo

well... pagbigyan mo na si "the professor"... bihira naman kasi ang opportunity na makapasok sa semis tapos ang tatalunin mo pa ay isang magaling na kuponan na tulad ng juventus... at sinabi na rin naman n'ya na dapat "(they) should keep their feet on the ground"... humble pa rin talaga si wenger...

kung matutuloy ang financial backing ng spanish company sa liverpool... baka magising na lang tayo na nakasuot na ng pulang jersey si fernando torres... :cool:

on van nistelrooy... malamang ibenta s'ya ng manchester united kung patuloy pa rin ang pagaalburuto nilang dalawa ni fergie sa isa't-isa... ang dapat isipin ay kung magkano nila ibebenta si van nistelrooy...

masyado kasing star-studded ang chelsea kaya 'di na utilize masyado si asier del horno... star nang maituturing si del horno noong lumipat s'ya sa north london... dapat siguro mga low-key player lang ang defensive backs ng chelsea dahil ang attention naman ay napupunta lamang sa midfield at attacking units...

lastly... leche ang chelsea kung kukunin pa nila si shevchenko... baka mawalan din s'ya ng role sa rotation...

well... pagbigyan mo na si "the professor"... bihira naman kasi ang opportunity na makapasok sa semis tapos ang tatalunin mo pa ay isang magaling na kuponan na tulad ng juventus... at sinabi na rin naman n'ya na dapat "(they) should keep their feet on the ground"... humble pa rin talaga si wenger...

kung matutuloy ang financial backing ng spanish company sa liverpool... baka magising na lang tayo na nakasuot na ng pulang jersey si fernando torres... :cool:

on van nistelrooy... malamang ibenta s'ya ng manchester united kung patuloy pa rin ang pagaalburuto nilang dalawa ni fergie sa isa't-isa... ang dapat isipin ay kung magkano nila ibebenta si van nistelrooy...

masyado kasing star-studded ang chelsea kaya 'di na utilize masyado si asier del horno... star nang maituturing si del horno noong lumipat s'ya sa north london... dapat siguro mga low-key player lang ang defensive backs ng chelsea dahil ang attention naman ay napupunta lamang sa midfield at attacking units...

lastly... leche ang chelsea kung kukunin pa nila si shevchenko... baka mawalan din s'ya ng role sa rotation...

yup tama ka magigising ako naksuoot ng red na jersey ng MANCHESTER UNITED,hindi ko sila ipagpapalit!!!! sell kaya is rudd para bilin ulit si beckham? :D hay....

hay nako ang liverpool magiging champions ng premier league coz of new owner? not to let don the anfeilders but i think the tought is bollocks.tsamba lng nananalo sila ng cl last season...remember lightning never strikes the same place twice unless u have a lightning rod..next year i thing the champions would be manu coz its been a while since they won the league...sana magaya ulit yung nagyari sa united nun 99-00 season. :goatee:

May lightning rod ang united pero hindi pa nahahasa it is in this lad called wayne rooney.give him time and he will show you what his made of :D

Glory Glory Manchester United!! As the reds go marching up! up! up!! :mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

hay nako ang liverpool magiging champions ng premier league coz of new owner? not to let don the anfeilders but i think the tought is bollocks.tsamba lng nananalo sila ng cl last season...remember lightning never strikes the same place twice unless u have a lightning rod..next year i thing the champions would be manu coz its been a while since they won the league...sana magaya ulit yung nagyari sa united nun 99-00 season. :goatee:

May lightning rod ang united pero hindi pa nahahasa it is in this lad called wayne rooney.give him time and he will show you what his made of :D

Glory Glory Manchester United!! As the reds go marching up! up! up!! :mtc:  :mtc:  :mtc:

dude.... kung tsamba ung cl ng liverpool.... parehas lang din ung cl ng manu against bayern munich.... a new owner for liverpool could bring in more investments like what abramovich is doing to chelsea.... though liverpool is still a rebuilding squad under rafa, heck rebuilding and taking cl place in the process is a success..... unless something really bad happens next year.... chelsea is the clear favorites to win the league once again....

dude.... kung tsamba ung cl ng liverpool.... parehas lang din ung cl ng manu against bayern munich.... a new owner for liverpool could bring in more investments like what abramovich is doing to chelsea.... though liverpool is still a rebuilding squad under rafa, heck rebuilding and taking cl place in the process is a success..... unless something really bad happens next year.... chelsea is the clear favorites to win the league once again....

bah,tsamba is tsamba.no offence mate,im a manu fan so u knw what to expect from me :D

bah,tsamba is tsamba.no offence mate,im a manu fan so u knw what to expect from me :D

i expected that.... i dont mind kung tsamba.... manu players, even if it was a miracle, were jealous about that victory.... thats football.... daming tsamba sa football.... but i feel this was somewhat of a destiny.... their road to the cl finals was though.... bookies went against liverpool but somehow they found a way.... i loved every minute how chelsea lost to us on the road to the finals.... i hope the rebuilding process for liverpool finishes so they can finally get over the hump....

i expected that.... i dont mind kung tsamba.... manu players, even if it was a miracle, were jealous about that victory.... thats football.... daming tsamba sa football.... but i feel this was somewhat of a destiny.... their road to the cl finals was though.... bookies went against liverpool but somehow they found a way.... i loved every minute how chelsea lost to us on the road to the finals.... i hope the rebuilding process for liverpool finishes so they can finally get over the hump....

yup rebuilding.... ilang years na ba sila nag gaganyan?since the 80ies pa ata.ang united sine beckham left during 2002-2003 so were doing a pretty good job :D

yup rebuilding.... ilang years na ba sila nag gaganyan?since the 80ies pa ata.ang united sine beckham left during 2002-2003 so were doing a pretty good job :D

well rebuilding under a new boss..... manu had the same boss so its pretty easy for them to get players to go into his system knowing that the players he have now plays that way.... with rafa just finishing his 2nd season at the KOP.... he made a big impression.... winning the cl last year and the supercup this year and still in contention for the FA cup and cl placing.... he has done well... all he needs is getting the players he wanted.... he is emulating the things he did in valencia.... he made unknown players become star.... he also had one thing in common with his strikers in liverpool and in valencia.... they both had tall strikers (carew and now crouch).... i hope next season a new investor will come in play and provide rafa some funds to buy players that he wants in his system.... :thumbsupsmiley:

between liverpool and man.united,mas maganda ang prospect ng liverpool for next year. rooney is talented pero you can't build a team around just one player.giggs might retire next season same with neville and with the financial woes of man. united,mahihrapan sila to land a quality player much more a good midfielder.

sa tingin ko,naghahanap na lang ng one final glory si alex ferguson then mag reretire na ito.kaya nga pati carling cup pinatulan dis year eh.pero with the spectre of chelsea bringing in more superstars to it's team and liverpool's youngsters continously improving their game,mukha magreretiro si sir alex ng empty handed :(

diba na-loan dati si crespo sa AC Milan?

Ewan ko lang ha, parang hindi pa rin ako bilib kay Ukraine boy... perhaps that'll change sa World Cup

schevchenko is a good player when he is around quality..... Ukraine is not a powerhouse like those of Brazil, Argentina, England, France, Spain, Germany and the Dutch..... what he does to his club shows the talent he has..... who knows... maybe they'll show up and cause some upsets here and there... but if that happens, expect schevchenko to be part of that... :thumbsupsmiley:

schevchenko is a good player when he is around quality..... Ukraine is not a powerhouse like those of Brazil, Argentina, England, France, Spain, Germany and the Dutch..... what he does to his club shows the talent he has..... who knows... maybe they'll show up and cause some upsets here and there... but if that happens, expect schevchenko to be part of that...  :thumbsupsmiley:

I'll still remember him as the guy who missed the penalty :lol:

Who knows? Ukraine might make to the KO rounds, you;d never know...

Shevchenko is a clinical finisher, hindi niya kelangan ng many chances to score & ang maganda sa kanya, simpleng player lang, ayaw ng limelight, laro ng laro lang, dapat ganun, di ba? hindi katulad ng ibang players ng Chelsea..

Ang may pinakamagandang prospect for next year talaga to challenge for the title ay ang Liverpool (alam ko redshirt masakit aminin..)..magdedepend ang challenge ng Manchester United for the title sa makukuha nilang mga midfielders & other player acquisitions sa parating na transfer season..tingnan na lang natin next season..

Para sa kin, sa sports, walang chamba or atong or swerte, ang nanalo ay ang nanalo, bali-baliktarin mo man ang mundo, kung sino ang nanalo siya talaga ang deserving, di ba? DESTINY ang tawag dun..parang nangyari sa Manchester United nung 99-00 ng CL & nangyari sa Liverpool sa 05-06 season ng CL..destiny nilang manalo ng champions league, di ba?..

Shevchenko is a clinical finisher, hindi niya kelangan ng many chances to score & ang maganda sa kanya, simpleng player lang, ayaw ng limelight, laro ng laro lang, dapat ganun, di ba? hindi katulad ng ibang players ng Chelsea..

Ang may pinakamagandang prospect for next year talaga to challenge for the title ay ang Liverpool (alam ko redshirt masakit aminin..)..magdedepend ang challenge ng Manchester United for the title sa makukuha nilang mga midfielders & other player acquisitions sa parating na transfer season..tingnan na lang natin next season..

Para sa kin, sa sports, walang chamba or atong or swerte, ang nanalo ay ang nanalo, bali-baliktarin mo man ang mundo, kung sino ang nanalo siya talaga ang deserving, di ba? DESTINY ang tawag dun..parang nangyari sa Manchester United nung 99-00 ng CL & nangyari sa Liverpool sa 05-06 season ng CL..destiny nilang manalo ng champions league, di ba?..

yes,thats another way of putting it but acording to the bookies in 13 seasons,united won 7 league titles and liverpoll nada.no ofence to the anfeilders but its about time the mercysiders got out of their slump. :D

your right well just see next year,may prospect ang united na new signing he is an african-american teenager he plays for DC united ata... and he is good in offence and defance and his just a teen-ager :thumbsupsmiley:

more thoughts to ponder.... :D

between liverpool and man.united,mas maganda ang prospect ng liverpool for next year. rooney is talented pero you can't build a team around just one player.giggs might retire next season same with neville and with the financial woes of man. united,mahihrapan sila to land a quality player much more a good midfielder.

sa tingin ko,naghahanap na lang ng one final glory si alex ferguson then mag reretire na ito.kaya nga pati carling cup pinatulan dis year eh.pero with the spectre of chelsea bringing in more superstars to it's team and liverpool's youngsters continously improving their game,mukha magreretiro si sir alex ng empty handed :(

bakit pag united humabol sa carling cup nagiging bale wala?

ang chelsea last year ang holders nun bakit pag sila hindi hinabol? :hypocritesmiley:

as sabi nga sa sports center the press is always and will be against MANCHESTER UNITED :D

schevchenko is a good player when he is around quality..... Ukraine is not a powerhouse like those of Brazil, Argentina, England, France, Spain, Germany and the Dutch..... what he does to his club shows the talent he has..... who knows... maybe they'll show up and cause some upsets here and there... but if that happens, expect schevchenko to be part of that...  :thumbsupsmiley:

tama si howard he missed the penalty :thumbsdownsmiley:

i hated him for that!!! i was rooting for AC Milano allong with 60% of the footballing population....

damn lucky reds :lol:

the gap is only 7pts!!!

nice win by Manchester United, 2-1 over Bolton Wanderers..goals from Ruud Van Nistelrooy & Louis Saha, Ruud with his 150th goal from the Red Devils and with his 21st goal, he is now the leading goalscorer in the premiership..

too bad for chelsea, 0-0 draw to birmingham city..

your right well just see next year,may prospect ang united na new signing he is an african-american teenager he plays for DC united ata... and he is good in offence and defance and his just a teen-ager :thumbsupsmiley:

more thoughts to ponder.... :D

I think you're talking about FREDDY ADU. I think he's only 17 or 18 yrs old right now. He plays attacking midfielder for DC UNITED. I don't think ManU will be the one to sign him coz ang alam ko CHELSEA ang may parang tie-up ngayon sa ilang mga clubs sa MLS (DC UNITED included).

Edited by dj_flip03

ADU is good but i think he won't be as good as Rooney or Robinho, although you never know. Sayang si ADU because He declined a chance to join a European club when he was 16 years old to play for DC united. It may be a Pro league in US but its still a bit below the skills found in second team play in Europe. It would have made him a better player by playing in europe earlier.

ADU is good but i think he won't be as good as Rooney or Robinho, although you never know. Sayang si ADU because He declined a chance to join a European club when he was 16 years old to play for DC united. It may be a Pro league in US but its still a bit below the skills found in second team play in Europe. It would have made him a better player by playing in europe earlier.

ya sana nga si mikaelle or wright-philips will sign for manu dahil sa chelsea bench lang sila. :D

http://www.the-afc.com/english/national/de...=33&newsID=5499

Chinese Taipei overcome Philippines 1-0

1 April 2006

CHITTAGONG: A solitary goal by Wei-Lun Chuang helped Chinese Taipei overcome 10-man Philippines 1-0 in Group A match of the AFC Challenge Cup here at the MA Aziz Stadium on Saturday.

Chuang scored the all-important goal in the 19th minute to give his side three points from the opener. Philippines coach Aris Caslib blamed the defeat on the redcard. “It was a crucial moment of the match because we were attacking regularly at the rival citadel. We could have scored an equaliser,” he said.

Philippines got the first crack at the goal in the fifth minute but Gerald Orcullo failed to find the net on an Alexander Borromeo cross. Chinese Taipei got a chance five minutes later but Chien-Wei Liang’s header went wide. In the 44th minute, a shot by Philippines’ Ian Araneta was palmed out by Chinese Taipei custodian Jen-Feng Hsu.

Substitute Emelio Caligdong of the Philippines was redcarded in the 85th minute after he dangerously brought down Chinese Taipei’s Meng-Chian Lee.

Chinese Taipei’s assistant coach Wu-Yeh Chang said the players are not

acclimatized with the hot conditions here but hoped that their performance will improve in the remaining matches.

“Our players were very tired during the match because they are not used to these hot conditions and rigorous training since two days. I hope they will show better football in the remaining games,” he said.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/national/de...=33&newsID=5525

Philippines hold India 1-1

3 April 2006

CHITTAGONG: Philippines held title-contenders India 1-1 in their second Group A game of the inaugural AFC Challenge Cup here at the MA Aziz Stadium on Monday.

India’s hero in their 2-0 victory over Afghanistan in the opening match, Vimal Pariyar once again gave his side the lead in the eighth minute on a cross from captain N Pradeep but Philippines restored the parity through midfielder Mark Alvin Valeroso 10 minutes later. Valeroso’s header found the back of the net on a Jeremias Jiao corner.

Both the teams were engaged in a midfield battle since the beginning with India, playing sans injured Xavier Vijay Kumar, making a few good moves. In the 29th minute Pariyar’s shot from the edge of the area went wide and ten minutes later midfielder Lalmalsawma Hamar’s shot hit the crossbar.

Philippines dominated the second half but failed to find the match-winner. Valeroso’s solo effort in the 55th minute saw his shot sail over the bar while Indian custodian Paul Shilton made a diving save on a Alexander Borromeo shot in the 75th minute. James Gunn’s header on substitute Ian Araneta pass went wide three minutes before the final whistle.

Indian coach Islam Akhemdov was satisfied with the result saying his team still has a match in hand. “We lost nothing today and have a match in hand to qualify for the quarter-finals. I am happy with the result and the performance of the players,” he said.

“Philippines are strong team and they played good football. We had to adopt defensive strategy in the second half because our players were tired.” Akhmedov said he missed Xavier Vijay Kumar and the player is doubtful for the third match also.

Philippines coach Aris Caslib said: “Our FIFA ranking is much lower than India but we managed to hold them. It is a positive result for us.”

i hope that the time will come when we will troop to rizal memorial or ultra to watch a good football match featuring our national team... with the same passion we exude every time crowd darling ginebra goes for the titular...

Chinese Taipei overcome Philippines 1-0

1  April  2006

Philippines hold India 1-1

3  April  2006

at sana may astig na cheer ang mga pinoy... 'yung nakaka-tindig balahibo... kung may "you'll never walk alone" ang liverpool... at "i will survive" ang feyenoord at schalke 04... ano kaya ang magandang national cheer ng mga pinoy na :cool: kantahin ng sabay-sabay?...

"pinoy" ng bamboo?...

"ako ay pilipino" ni kuh ledesma?...

"bayan kong pilipinas"?...

"pinoy big brother theme" ng orange and lemons?...

:rolleyes:

Edited by teio