The Football Thread

Labuyo

the movie was entitled "victory"... lead star si sylvester stallone...

aside from pelé... other football stars who graced the movie include...

sir robert "bobby" charlton... manchester united and england fame...

paul van himst... regarded as the best player belgium has produced...

osvaldo césar "ossie" ardiles... was a cult in england along with glenn hoddle and argentinian compatriot ricardo villa as a member of tottenham hotspur in the late 70s and early 80s...

kazimierz deyna... hailed as the best polish player of all-time...

hallvar thoresen... former norwegian international who never played professional football in norway...

mike summerbee... machester city and england midfielder...

co prins... dutch football player...

russell osman... ipswich town and england midfielder...

john wark... scottish international and ipswich town hero...

søren lindsted... danish international...

kevin o'callaghan... irish international...

werner roth... american international...

alam mo na naman siguro yung Goal :D

may isa akong naalala na old movie tungkol dun sa international team including Pelè against the German National Team. the movie starred Michael Caine among others na hindi ko na maalala :wacko:

alam mo na naman siguro yung Goal :D

may isa akong naalala na old movie tungkol dun sa international team including Pelè against the German National Team. the movie starred Michael Caine among others na hindi ko na maalala :wacko:

yup i know goal...db trilogy to?....second movie is real?...

osvaldo césar "ossie" ardiles... was a cult in england along with glenn hoddle and argentinian compatriot ricardo villa as a member of tottenham hotspur in the late 70s and early 80s...

hallvar thoresen... former norwegian international who never played professional football in norway...

a ok..thanks...

anybody has any idea if skycable ESPN and star sports (ch 31&32) will be broadcasting this year WC?

i hope so...if they wont be broadcasting it....they suck big time...haha...

nweis osasuna won against barcelona...2-1...haha...

may pinapalabas na la liga matches... either sa star sports or espn...

tapos 'yung sa serie a... highlights lang... sa sports plus yata... pati 'yung sa brazilian championship...

got a chance to watch j-league action a few years back... ang saya... animated masyado 'yung crowd... daming flags at cheers... oh well... home game naman kasi ng urawa reds...

also had the oppotunity to watch a ligue 1 match... lens at home in felix boleart against bordeaux... ang saya din... animated ang crowd at maraming flares... pero ang gusto kong makita 'yung home game ng paris-saint germain... isang buong stand halos ang tila nasusunog dahil sa dami ng red flares...

arsenal won 2-1 gainst liverpool...

sana nagpapalabas ng serie a or la liga man lng...kanins...

myamya juve vs milan....tapos barca vs osasuna...sayang..

may pinapalabas na la liga matches... either sa star sports or espn...

tapos 'yung sa serie a... highlights lang... sa sports plus yata... pati 'yung sa brazilian championship...

got a chance to watch j-league action a few years back... ang saya... animated masyado 'yung crowd... daming flags at cheers... oh well... home game naman kasi ng urawa reds...

also had the oppotunity to watch a ligue 1 match... lens at home in felix boleart against bordeaux... ang saya din... animated ang crowd at maraming flares... pero ang gusto kong makita 'yung home game ng paris-saint germain... isang buong stand halos ang tila nasusunog dahil sa dami ng red flares...

nagpapalabas ata espn ng la liga matches but hidni live db?...usually 10am..either monday or wednesday e...

tapos sa sports plus...twg ung soccer news...halos lahat ng leagues pinapakita...pero hindi latest news e...

sa sports plus ata ipapalabas ang WC2006....

.....but definitely I wouldn't want the US to figure prominently in the WC....any country who calls is soccer while the rest of the world knows its football doesn't deserve any plance in the WC

I have the same sentiment. I wouldn't want a country who doesn't believe in football as a great sport to win. Imagine if the US wins the World cup and when the parade comes you only a very few people in the streets and mostly are multinational people not ethnic red necked americans.

BTW check out the movie 'Mean Machine' it stars vinnie Jones, the ex-ManUtd player turned actor. This is the movie that adam sandler copied in one of his current movies. forgot the name, the one with the prison american football match.

football movie ba? shaolin soccer..... :lol: check nyo mga sir, football factory....green street..ok din itong mga ito.it tackles hooliganism in football.

sino nakapanood laban liverpool v. arsenal? saklap ng pagkatalo ng liverpool 'no? this is what i love about this sport,in a matter of minutes or even seconds,the outcome of the game changes.kaya nga dapat nakatutok ka for the whole 90 mins. excluding extra time. :thumbsupsmiley:

salamat sa inpormasyon bro! :thumbsupsmiley:

ngayon ko lang na-appreciate yung ibang characters sa movie maliban kay Pelé ng sabihin mo kung sino sila. bata pa ako nung una kong napanood to eh :D

I have the same sentiment. I wouldn't want a country who doesn't believe in football as a great sport to win. Imagine if the US wins the World cup and when the parade comes you only a very few people in the streets and mostly are multinational people not ethnic red necked americans.

BTW check out the movie 'Mean Machine' it stars vinnie Jones, the ex-ManUtd player turned actor. This is the movie that adam sandler copied in one of his current movies. forgot the name, the one with the prison american football match.

napanood ko ata yan sa HBO, yung may naglagay ng bomba sa locker pero yung team manager/equipment guy ang namatay hindi si Vinnie Jones. tapos ang kalaban ata nila eh yung champion team ng mga jail guards ata... :)

regarding dun sa US, tingin ko kailangan lang nila ng onting publicity kasi kaya di masyadong sikat ang Football/Soccer sa states kasi di naman sila nananalo consistently eh. pero katulad nung nanalo yung Womens team nila, instant celebrities sila at biglang dumami lalo ang interested sa game. ang problema lang tungkol naman sa pangalan eh kasi kumbaga tradisyon/kultura na nila ang Football eh yung American Football kaya mahirap basta basta mabago. pero pag umabot ang US sa top 8 ng World Cup feeling ko lalakas lalo ang interes ng mga Kano sa Football...

IMHO lang mga bro :mtc:

Edited by cheeselogger

eto hindi football movie but may isang scene for footballers...

if you know the song..."my baby takes the morning train, he works from 9 to 5 and then, he takes another home again...to find me waiting for him..."

haha...tignan ko lng kung sino na nakapanuod nito...vinie jones is also here..

i agree...milan back sa finals?....

Hmmm, it's possible, basta wag silang matalo sa LYON.

oo nga noh..haha..i was for inter p nmn...pasok na...disallowed pa...haha...i hope derby sa semis...haha...if juve wins the CL then the domestic league....world cup nlng...del piero for italy....trezegeut for france...haha..

real and valencia settle for a goaless draw...ang bulok....

Kainis nga eh, Valencia pa naman ako dito.

does anybody here know any soccer movies?...or movies na may connection sa football...tnx...

I know a good book, it's called "FEVER PITCH" by NICK HORNBY. It's about getting caught up with two most important things: FOOTBALL and WOMEN.

arsenal won 2-1 gainst liverpool...

sana nagpapalabas ng serie a or la liga man lng...kanins...

myamya juve vs milan....tapos barca vs osasuna...sayang..

Sumablay si Captain Gerard dito, he accidentally gave the ball to Henry which resulted to a goal.

I remember when I went to Boracay last year, there's this channel that shows nothing but football, and foreigners (French, Italians, etc...) would flock the bars in the afternoon to watch games. One time nga naglalakad ako sa beach wearing my adidas FFF jersey then biglang may lumapit sa akin na french guy, who shook hands with me while shouting "FRENCH FOOTBALL!!!!!". Tawa na lang ako sa kanya at naki-cheers. :lol: After that, naghubad na lang ako kasi baka may masalubong akong Italian or German at gulpihin pa ako. :lol:

tsk tsk tsk, natalo BARCA at draw ang JUVE and AC Milan!!!!

Edited by dj_flip03

is this a 1981 movie?...download ko sa torrent plng e...

football movie ba?  shaolin soccer..... :lol:  check nyo mga sir, football factory....green street..ok din itong mga ito.it tackles hooliganism in football.

sino nakapanood laban liverpool v. arsenal? saklap ng pagkatalo ng liverpool 'no? this is what i love about this sport,in a matter of minutes or even seconds,the outcome of the game changes.kaya nga dapat nakatutok ka for the whole 90 mins. excluding extra time. :thumbsupsmiley:

ok thnks for the movies...download ko n dn in a while...

Hmmm, it's possible, basta wag silang matalo sa LYON.

Kainis nga eh, Valencia pa naman ako dito.

I know a good book, it's called "FEVER PITCH"  by NICK HORNBY.  It's about getting caught up with two most important things:  FOOTBALL and WOMEN.

Sumablay si Captain Gerard dito, he accidentally gave the ball to Henry which resulted to a goal.

I remember when I went to Boracay last year, there's this channel that shows nothing but football, and foreigners (French, Italians, etc...) would flock the bars in the afternoon to watch games.  One time nga naglalakad ako sa beach wearing my adidas FFF jersey then biglang may lumapit sa akin na french guy, who shook hands with me while shouting "FRENCH FOOTBALL!!!!!".  Tawa na lang ako sa kanya at naki-cheers.  :lol:    After that, naghubad na lang ako kasi baka may masalubong akong Italian or German at gulpihin pa ako.  :lol:

tsk tsk tsk, natalo BARCA at draw ang JUVE and AC Milan!!!!

napanuod ko sa sports center...ung dating nangyari kay gerrard sa world cup...back pass nya sa goalie tapos nandun si henry to intercept...pero ang difference lng is natrip sya ng goal keeper...penalty...england vs france un siguro 94 or 98....i dunno...pero sobrang same nangyari...gerrard passing the back to the keeper...tapos henry ang parehong nakaintercept...haha...

it is probably in the euro championships... 'di naman nagsalpukan ang england at france noong world cup '98... at 'di pa kasama sa senior national football team sina henry at gerrard noong '94...

napanuod ko sa sports center...ung dating nangyari kay gerrard sa world cup...back pass nya sa goalie tapos nandun si henry to intercept...pero ang difference lng is natrip sya ng goal keeper...penalty...england vs france un siguro 94 or 98....i dunno...pero sobrang same nangyari...gerrard passing the back to the keeper...tapos henry ang parehong nakaintercept...haha...

villareal now knows who they will face in the quarterfinals...

Stanković sends Inter through

Tuesday, 14 March 2006

by John Atkin

from Giuseppe Meazza

A brilliant second-half goal from Dejan Stanković was enough for FC Internazionale Milano to seal a narrow victory against AFC Ajax and book a UEFA Champions League quarter-final date with Villarreal CF.

Missed chances

Stanković struck just before the hour to give the Serie A club a 3-2 aggregate triumph, but the scoreline failed to do justice to a dominant second-leg display by Inter. Adriano missed a first-half penalty and Obafemi Martins thundered a long-range shot against the crossbar but it was Stanković who was the scourge of Ajax. The 27-year-old had registered the crucial first as Roberto Mancini's men came from behind to draw at the Amsterdam ArenA, and his goal tonight proved unassailable.

Inter drive

The Dutch side had enjoyed a blistering opening to the first encounter three weeks ago, taking a 2-0 lead inside 20 minutes. That fuelled accusations of Inter being slow starters in some sections of the Italian media, but they began the second leg very brightly, with Luís Figo firing just over the crossbar early on. The home support were also a factor as the Inter fans returned to the stands in vociferous droves after the team had played their three home group games behind closed doors.

Martins menace

Martins was at the centre of much of the Nerazzurri's early pressure, as he and Adriano linked up well in attack. The pair almost combined to create an opportunity on ten minutes when the Nigerian drifted towards the left flank and lobbed in a measured cross for his strike partner. The ball would not fall for Adriano but his acrobatic effort was sufficiently off target to drop kindly to the lurking Figo, whose adroit chip floated narrowly wide.

Disjointed display

Ajax were struggling to gain a foothold as an absence of the shape coach Danny Blind had constantly referred to in the build-up to this match stunted their moves. The lack of cohesion was equally evident in defence and although fit-again Hedwiges Maduro impressed, he was left standing after ten minutes when Martins's fine long-range shot rattled the crossbar. By now, Ajax were having to contend with wave after wave of Inter attacks and the pressure eventually told.

Ajax awakened

Anonymous for much of the first half, Stanković advanced up the left flank on 25 minutes and his cross hit the arm of Ajax captain Olaf Lindenbergh. Adriano failed to convert though, his feeble attempt rolling the wrong side of the post, and that proved a wake-up call for the visitors. Right-back Hatem Trabelsi started to push further upfield, allowing Mauro Rosales more space, and ten minutes before half-time the Argentinian finally forced Francesco Toldo to make a save.

Back in control

The respite proved fleeting and a Figo effort within seconds of the restart indicated the return of Inter supremacy. Three minutes later Adriano jinked past Thomas Vermaelen before lifting the ball agonisingly across goal with Martins unable to reach it. Any disappointment was short-lived, however, as less than ten minutes later Stanković finally broke the deadlock with a sumptuous strike. Walter Samuel's searching ball found the Serbo-Montenegrin midfielder unmarked and after shimmying inside the wrong-footed Maduro, he rifled the ball into the far corner.

Superb strike

The goal increased the onus on Ajax – they now needed to score twice – but rather than spurring them to throw caution to the wind, it was Inter who began to press at every occasion, and Adriano drew a smart stop from Maarten Stekelenburg. Blind brought on Ryan Babel to help his flagging strikers late on and although the youngster posed a problem, he directed his one glimmer of goal over the bar as the majority of the Giuseppe Meazza crowd started to celebrate reaching the last eight for the fourth time in five seasons.

©uefa.com 1998-2006. All rights reserved.

*napansin ko lang din... kapag ac milan ang naglalaro... ang tawag sa stadium ay san siro... kapag internazionale ang naglalaro... ang tawag ay giuseppe meazza... eh iisa lang naman ang stadium na pinaglalaruan nila... :wacko:

Edited by teio

Yup, i think what your saying is the first game in the European championship ng 2004. wherein England had a 2 goal lead and france came back to tie the game with a gerrard back pass error which was intercepted by Henry and tripped by James. The resulting penalty levelled the score at 2 all.

Trying looking for the channle Supersport 3. 24/7 of nothing but football from live matches to all Premiership games.

Yup, i think what your saying is the first game in the European championship ng 2004. wherein England had a 2 goal lead and france came back to tie the game with a gerrard back pass error which was intercepted by Henry and tripped by James. The resulting penalty levelled the score at 2 all.

Trying looking for the channle Supersport 3. 24/7 of nothing but football from live matches to all Premiership games.

alam ko cable ng las pinas meron nyang supersport channel...wala sa home/sky cable e....

kagabi pla inter vs ajax....sayang dko napanuod....but inter won 1-0....3-2 on agg....

mali pla ung sinabi ko inter vs milan sa semis...kasi eto ung table...

Quarterfinals - First Leg

Tuesday, March 28

Arsenal vs. Juventus

Lyon vs. AC Milan

Wednesday, March 29

Inter Milan vs. Villarreal

Benefica vs. Barcelona

so ibig sabihn inter and milan can only meet sa finals....mas maganda un...pero inter have to beat villareal and barcelona....and milan have to beat lyon and either juve or arsenal...

i was watching BBC last night and i read some interesting tickers..

Michael Ballack could be a Chelsea player before the World Cup..

David Beckham is rumored to be moving to Highbury after this season..

Ballack in Chelsea is a possibility but i think Real Madrid has a better chance in getting his signature...

Beckham back for Arsenal this time would be interesting... though he aint Vierra hes still good...

I hope Owen comes back to Liverpool next season :P Gerrard is pleaing for him to come back to Anfield... :thumbsupsmiley:

Ballack in Chelsea is a possibility but i think Real Madrid has a better chance in getting his signature...

Beckham back for Arsenal this time would be interesting... though he aint Vierra hes still good...

I hope Owen comes back to Liverpool next season :P Gerrard is pleaing for him to come back to Anfield...  :thumbsupsmiley:

From what I've read on the news, Ballack and his manager is negotiating to no one else right now but Chelsea. Kaya malamang sa Chelsea ang bagsak nya.

I'm not a ManU fan but I'm smelling something... I think Van Nistelrooy will be gone from ManU pretty soon. Mas trip ni Sir Fergie ang laro ni Saha eh. Come to think of it, Saha is good at both left and right foot. At may tendency si Fergie mag let-go ng mga star players, just like what happened to Beckham, Stam, and Keane.

What do you guys think about this?