The Football Thread

Labuyo

hi does anyone knows why i can watch EPL on ESPN. seems like the ESPN program here is different from the one in Spore and Msia. Is there anyway i can opt for a different ESPN? Pls advise.

GO REDS GO....U'll never walk alone....

where are you located ba?...i know marami ang espn. theres espn 1 and 2. tapos may american version pa. dun nagpapalabas ng serie a. ngyn british edition kaya puro epl. im talking about espn here sa pinas.

clarification lng.. kapag sinabi mo bng reds liverpool? tapos red devils ang manu?

manu pla will face wigan again for the premiership match. manu won against wigan 4-0 dati tapos sa final 4-0 din. sana 4-0 pa rin ang score but different scorers. 2 goals from giggs, park ji sung and a header from ferdinand. haha. van nistelrooy pla sat down sa final ng carling cup...well it worked for fergie this time.ruud didnt enjoy the celebration that much...disappointed ata...

Hi i'm located down south in Alabang. I think i'm having the american version, cant get to watch weekends soccer, and i hate it. though i still can get to watch some on star sports. How can i change it to british version? oh sorry, i dun understand tagalog, would u be kind enuf to reply in english, thank you. Reds is liverpool, red devils is united, that's what we call them in our country. Liverpool of course is also known as the Kops.

Hi i'm located down south in Alabang. I think i'm having the american version, cant get to watch weekends soccer, and i hate it. though i still can get to watch some on star sports. How can i change it to british version? oh sorry, i dun understand tagalog, would u be kind enuf to reply in english, thank you. Reds is liverpool, red devils is united, that's what we call them in our country. Liverpool of course is also known as the Kops.

I think regardless of where you stay ESPN will still be the same. Since you are in Alabang I would presume you're using Skycable so it would depend on what ESPN Skycable is carrying. I can imagine that the ESPN in Singapore would carry more EPL because of its affiliation with the UK.

We could be getting the ESPN Taiwan/China because ESPN shows a lot of Chinese basketball and billiards, which are big in Taiwan.

If you haven't tried it try going to www.espnstar.com where you can check the TV times of ESPN and Star

So MU won the worthless cup? lol

At least may silverware na sila, chelsea di pa sure (baka umarangkada ang MU at Pool, at malamang matalo sila sa Barca wahaha)

Chelsea is bound for the league title.... with MU winning silverware..... liverpool won the intercontinental cup..... so the top 3 teams will end up having atleast 1 silverware this year..... i hope liverpool wins the FA and Champions League..... You'll Never Walk Alone!!!!

howard_the_duck  Today, 05:53 AM 

So MU won the worthless cup? lol

At least may silverware na sila, chelsea di pa sure (baka umarangkada ang MU at Pool, at malamang matalo sila sa Barca wahaha)

aray, masakit ata yun, silverware is silverware, wag mo naman apihin panalo namin..

nice win by ManU, 4-0 thrashing of Wigan, 2 for Rooney, 1 for Saha, 1 for Ronaldo..

1 thing's for sure, we need to buy new midfielders!?!?!?!

gabi heinze, argentinian defender, may be back in action for ManU by May before the World Cup...

HAHAHAHAH! masaya ko talo Chelsea ng Barcelona, makabawi kaya sila? bilib na ko sa Chelsea pag natalo nila ang Barsa..

Hmm, can liverpool beat the organized play of Benfica, excited na ko sa mga tactics ni Rafa Benitez for the 2nd leg..

Go Manchester United!! 2005-2006 Carling Cup Champions!!!

i saw the highlights of the singapore cup final....home untied vs woodlands....ang ganda ng mga cross....sayang ung woodlands..they coudlve beaten home united..parang mga cross ni beckham..sakto pero the finishing sucked...woodlands coudlve won the match but nakahabol ang home united and took the lead 2-1. tapos nakatie ang woodlands 2-2. in the dying seconds of injury time...nakagoal pa ang home united...may halong swerte pa...pero ang galing...final score 3-2...

ruud is not happy...

because louis saha is stealing the goals that once was intended to be his...

and fergie likes what saha is doing...

but ruud feels the other way around...

would ruud go elsewhere in the june transfer window?...

Edited by teio

if saha and rooney can continue to play well together they can use the money from ruud to get a couple of killer midfielders.....wouldn't want ruud to go but not everyone finshes their career in man u - look at beckham and keane

Chelsea is bound for the league title.... with MU winning silverware..... liverpool won the intercontinental cup..... so the top 3 teams will end up having atleast 1 silverware this year..... i hope liverpool wins the FA and Champions League..... You'll Never Walk Alone!!!!

liverpool won the European Super Cup Winners, lost to that world club championship thing....

but Chelsea won the Charity Cup at the start of the year, so they already got a silverware!

Edited by luol_deng
liverpool won the European Super Cup Winners, lost to that world club championship thing....

but Chelsea won the Charity Cup at the start of the year, so they already got a silverware!

my bad.... forgot it was called European Super Cup :P well that leaves everyone with 1 apiece.... i hope liverpool wins the FA and Champions league :thumbsupsmiley: you'll never walk alone

good points...

manchester united definitely needs new blood in midfield... ryan giggs and paul scholes are aging... and they are just a couple of concussions away from hanging their boots...

but the question remains... if he decides to leave old trafford... where would ruud end up?...

then there is ronaldo... where would he also end up?...

in sunny barcelona?... :rolleyes:

if saha and rooney can continue to play well together they can use the money from ruud to get a couple of killer midfielders.....wouldn't want ruud to go but not everyone finshes their career in man u - look at beckham and keane

good points...

manchester united definitely needs new blood in midfield... ryan giggs and paul scholes are aging... and they are just a couple of concussions away from hanging their boots...

but the question remains... if he decides to leave old trafford... where would ruud end up?...

then there is ronaldo... where would he also end up?...

in sunny barcelona?...  :rolleyes:

inter can get ronaldo back!...it will be a nice move for inter pero un nga lng matatanda n dn ibng players nila kaya they also need younger players.

manu can get rid of ruud and get ballack...then maybe ruud can go to psv...haha...

kktapos lng ng friendly internationals

• England 2-1 Uruguay: Cole shines for Sven

• Ireland 3-0 Sweden: Dream start for Staunton

• Italy 4-1 Germany: Cup hosts crushed

• Spain 3-2 Ivory Coast: Late winner for Juanito

• Croatia 3-2 Argentina: Simic leads fight back

• Russia 0-1 Brazil: Fortuitous Ronaldo goal

• France 1-2 Slovakia: Unbeaten run shattered

• Netherlands 1-0 Ecuador: Kuijt nabs winner

• United States 1-0 Poland: Dempsey header

inter can get ronaldo back!...it will be a nice move for inter pero un nga lng matatanda n dn ibng players nila kaya they also need younger players.

manu can get rid of ruud and get ballack...then maybe ruud can go to psv...haha...

would be interesting if the inter fans would welcome ronaldo back to their fold....they almost had a riot when he left for real

man u had backed off early negotiations with ballack as they were convinced we was not what they were looking for (this was before the january transfer window)...ballack supposedly going to chelsea after the world cup...this according to the london press but ballack has denied....

i wish man u would get a defensive midfield ala makelele or viera

Van Nistelrooy demands United recall

LONDON (AFP) - Ruud van Nistelrooy has demanded a recall to the Manchester United starting line-up but attempted to play down reports of a bust-up with Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Dutch striker looked miserable after being left out of United's 4-0 League Cup final win over Wigan on Sunday and reports have claimed his relationship with Ferguson is at breaking point.

Van Nistelrooy however has insisted that he accepted the rationale behind the manager's decision to pick Louis Saha for the final given the French striker's five goals earlier in the competition.

"The manager told me before the game that I wasn't playing," said van Nistelrooy, who is on international duty with The Netherlands this week.

"I was very disappointed but I could understand why he wanted to play Louis because he has been playing very well in the competition this season.

"You have to accept the decision as a professional player. There is no problem between me and the manager. I cheered the first two goals with everyone else on the bench and I was happy for the team."

Van Nistelrooy went on however to issue a thinly-veiled warning to Ferguson about his likely reaction if he should find himself on the bench again on Monday, when United face Wigan again, this time in the Premiership.

"I've scored a lot of goals this season and feel I've been playing well and I hope to be back in the team to play Wigan on Monday," he said. "I expect to play the league matches."

Van Nistelrooy has scored 147 goals in 208 games for United and has, in the past, expressed his gratitude for the way Ferguson kept faith with him after he suffered a serious knee injury just as his move to England was being finalised.

Ferguson had defended his decision to start Saha, saying van Nistelrooy's under-study had earned his chance and would have been equally disappointed to have been left out.

If van Nistelrooy and Ferguson have reached the end of the road, there will be plenty of clubs willing to splash out on acquiring a forward regarded as the best pure finisher in the game.

AC Milan could lead the way, particularly if, as is is rumoured, current Dutch boss Marco van Basten returns to his former club as head coach after the World Cup.

hi does anyone knows why i can watch EPL on ESPN. seems like the ESPN program here is different from the one in Spore and Msia. Is there anyway i can opt for a different ESPN? Pls advise.

GO REDS GO....U'll never walk alone....

try changing cable providers. Global destiny has two channels that show lots of football matches although one of them shows purely champions league games and is in Japanese but he other one is SuperSports 3 which is a 24/7 Soccer channel with skysports news every 12 am & pm. Plus they also have ESPN and Star sports which you also get in Sky cable. You'll love supersports3, its all about soccer, including south african premier games , the only downside is they only show highlights and news of Serie A games.

try changing cable providers. Global destiny has two channels that show lots of football matches although one of them shows purely champions league games and is in Japanese but he other one is SuperSports 3 which is a 24/7 Soccer channel with skysports news every 12 am & pm. Plus they also have ESPN and Star sports which you also get in Sky cable. You'll love supersports3, its all about soccer, including south african premier games , the only downside is they only show highlights and news of Serie A games.

Thanks for the good information. i will check with my company if they will change my cable provider for me.