• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Football Thread

Labuyo

arsenal lost to sunderland 1-0 and united won over everton 3-0..

also liverpool drew with city 2-2.. so united goes to 2nd! sayang chelsea won too, hehe (pasensya na sa mga chelsea fans)

haha screw liverpool. they have yet to win in how many league matches? city too i hate them. Merseyside derby next week i hope liverpool loses to the toffees. anyway, i think it'll be a 3 horse race until january, then 2, with chelsea and united fighting for the title until may.

disaster for liverpool in the champions league, eventhough they won against debrecen, 1-0, they are out of the CL and in the Europa league because Fiorentina won 1-0 over Lyon, tsk tsk tsk, liverpool will get to focus on the EPL or the FA cup or pwde din nila itry ipanalo ang Europa league but i think 1 thing is for sure: rafa benitez will be gone by the end of the season..

barcelona dominate inter milan in their game despite not having messi, comfortably winning 2-0..

Only 3 english sides are going to the last 16: manutd, chelsea and arsenal..

barcelona 1 real madrid 0

- wasn't as dominating as last year but barca pulled through. puyol and pique were huge. puyol is really the heart and soul of the team. he had at least 3 incredible goal saving tackles. and i've always thought pique was a tad slow and lumbering, but his positioning and decision-making is excellent.

- dani alves is as crucial to the team as iniesta and xavi. the two best chances were created by the brazilian: the pinpoint cross which led to ibrahimovic's goal and the cheeky slide rule pass to set up messi (i think messi missed becoz he too was surprised with the pass).

- iniesta is slowly getting back to form. he was much more involved than xavi, and seemed to be everywhere.

- henry's career is definitely on the downslope. he was off pace and was rightly substituted for ibra. henry will still give barca great games, but the consistency is not there.

- big gamble by guardiola almost cost the team. fielding the young busquets ahead of yaya toure was questionable, and busquets duly showed his inexperience with a stupid handball which got him sent off. and this was at the stage where barca were in the ascendency and threatening to dominate the match.

- kaka and cronaldo are really dangerous. but madrid lacked the cutting edge in front of goal. higuain was marked well, and benzema is not the same player he was in with lyon.

barcelona 1 real madrid 0

- wasn't as dominating as last year but barca pulled through. puyol and pique were huge. puyol is really the heart and soul of the team. he had at least 3 incredible goal saving tackles. and i've always thought pique was a tad slow and lumbering, but his positioning and decision-making is excellent.

- dani alves is as crucial to the team as iniesta and xavi. the two best chances were created by the brazilian: the pinpoint cross which led to ibrahimovic's goal and the cheeky slide rule pass to set up messi (i think messi missed becoz he too was surprised with the pass).

- iniesta is slowly getting back to form. he was much more involved than xavi, and seemed to be everywhere.

- henry's career is definitely on the downslope. he was off pace and was rightly substituted for ibra. henry will still give barca great games, but the consistency is not there.

- big gamble by guardiola almost cost the team. fielding the young busquets ahead of yaya toure was questionable, and busquets duly showed his inexperience with a stupid handball which got him sent off. and this was at the stage where barca were in the ascendency and threatening to dominate the match.

- kaka and cronaldo are really dangerous. but madrid lacked the cutting edge in front of goal. higuain was marked well, and benzema is not the same player he was in with lyon.

watched the whole match. pains me to see ronaldo pissed off sitting on the bench after being subbed for benzema. although i'm a huge ronaldo fan, i do hope he stays pissed off that way and not win any titles at madrid. i just hope sir alex let him realize that his best is at united and will always be that way.

man, it's really hard to see real madrid losing.. especially to barca :(

after that blockbuster deal with ronaldo, i really thought that real madrid now has chance to beat barcelona. also with players like Kaka, Pepe and Iker Casillas on the team. I think they played it right.. everything but the goal.

but just like xabi alonso said, "it is an important game, but not decisive." I hope real madrid will win next time.