• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Football Thread

Labuyo

agger, skrtel, and a whole load of crap.

and how dare you talk about diving? wasn't gerrard given a yellow card for diving a while ago? and for diving at the CL? pathetic really. plus you talk about conspiracy? man utd getting the calls? what can you say about the red card that lampard got?

now, bragging about going on top, at the expense of portsmouth? :rolleyes: you barely won..

livershit fans are crazy and full of delusions really. not to mention being massive hypocrites.

Edited by jawo

lol i cant laughing.

agger, skrtel, and what else. i think your missing on some more info. where are the other 4 defenders.

i think rooney and ronaldo are best examples of diving in todays modern world. even though gerrard dove (as you might speculate it), he isnt comparable to your two divers. at least hes commited to the club, rather than one who plays around with his 70 year old manager.

were on top and thats the fact. at least we dont dive our way to the championships.

you think were the only one whos complaining about your godly manager and his scotland backyard?

even joga bonito wenger is complaining about it. how often do you hear wenger complain? i dnt think even rafa and wenger combined can match how many times ferguson rants in a whole season.

hypocrites? wait till man utd goes down into a major downfall and you would see a load of asians, which supposedly includes you, becoming turncoats turning to any other top club. thats how you got attached into man utd i bet for the mere fact everyone likes them. talk about hypocrites.

think twice my friend. :mtc:

duchessXI Posted Yesterday, 11:52 PM

lol i cant laughing.

agger, skrtel, and what else. i think your missing on some more info. where are the other 4 defenders.

i think rooney and ronaldo are best examples of diving in todays modern world. even though gerrard dove (as you might speculate it), he isnt comparable to your two divers. at least hes commited to the club, rather than one who plays around with his 70 year old manager.

were on top and thats the fact. at least we dont dive our way to the championships.

you think were the only one whos complaining about your godly manager and his scotland backyard?

even joga bonito wenger is complaining about it. how often do you hear wenger complain? i dnt think even rafa and wenger combined can match how many times ferguson rants in a whole season.

hypocrites? wait till man utd goes down into a major downfall and you would see a load of asians, which supposedly includes you, becoming turncoats turning to any other top club. thats how you got attached into man utd i bet for the mere fact everyone likes them. talk about hypocrites.

think twice my friend.

wow so much hate for manutd hehehehe lets see at the end of the season :D..

but you can't deny that rafa's been making God awful decisions with his tactics and his team selection and liverpool is paying for it, he's lucky he has gerrard & torres to bail him out every time..

there are always calls in football that decides a game, whether its someone getting red carded or someone winning a penalty for his team, that's what makes the game fun, but crying like a baby & whining when you don't win your games or you draw most of them is just pathetic, the bottom line is its the football that wins you trophies hehehehe :)..

Robbie Keane has vowed to give away his Barclays Premier League winners medal should Liverpool finish top in May.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-l...ool-medal-away/

The Irish striker, who made a sensational return to Tottenham on Monday's transfer deadline day, is eligible to receive a medal if Liverpool win this season's Premier League after making 19 league appearances for the Reds during his torturous six-month stay at Anfield.

With his miserable Merseyside stint now well and truly behind him, Keane has wasted little time in confirming that he is delighted to be at White Hart Lane.

"My brother is a Liverpool fan, so I would probably give it to him." Keane said when asked what winning a Liverpool title medal would mean to him.

"It would mean nothing to me. If I was there and I was out of the squad, in and out ... it probably wouldn't mean as much to me.

"As a player, you want to be part of it. When you are in and out of the squad, sometimes you don't feel a part of it."

Click here to see a Robbie Keane photo gallery special

Keane left Tottenham Hotspur last July in a deal worth 20.3million pounds, but subsequently struggled to gain a regular starting place under Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

Increasingly dismayed at the lack of opportunities he was receiving, Keane also admitted that being left out of the Liverpool squad to play Chelsea last Sunday proved to be the last straw.

"I was still a Liverpool player then," Keane said.

"I was cheering the lads on. But I was delighted when I got a call to say that they [the clubs] had agreed a fee.

"I have no ill feelings towards anyone at Liverpool. I never had a fall-out with the manager ... I respect Rafa for the way he picks his teams but, unfortunately, I just didn't fit in into the way he wants to play football.

"He told me he wanted me as a second striker with Fernando Torres. But he was injured for a lot of the season and we only played a few games together. I was playing as a lone striker and everyone knows I am not a target man. I played left wing. I played out of position a few times."

Since returning to Tottenham, Keane has been handed the captain's armband by manager Harry Redknapp.

Keane is now set to begin his second Tottenham spell against local rivals Arsenal on Sunday.

wow so much hate for manutd hehehehe lets see at the end of the season :D..

but you can't deny that rafa's been making God awful decisions with his tactics and his team selection and liverpool is paying for it, he's lucky he has gerrard & torres to bail him out every time..

there are always calls in football that decides a game, whether its someone getting red carded or someone winning a penalty for his team, that's what makes the game fun, but crying like a baby & whining when you don't win your games or you draw most of them is just pathetic, the bottom line is its the football that wins you trophies hehehehe :)..

exactly. why are these people blaming man utd for their draws? if there is someone who should be blamed, it should be them. tactics were awful, signings have been mediocre, subs are dumb. and what is with rafa's list? his 'mind games' exploded right in his face. if manchester united wins the trophy this season, he will be keegan v2.0.

he couldn't even talk about lamp's red card. because he knows that it was stupid. all the conspiracy theories stopped when the ref gave them the game. expect it to start again once they lose games. pathetic.

i am not speculating about gerrard being a diver. it is a known fact. then there is the court case, but i won't go there.. please, being a fan is one thing, pero following the team blindly is another.

again, liverpool having a prestigious forward line up is just LOL. shows how knowledgeable you are about your team.

exactly. why are these people blaming man utd for their draws? if there is someone who should be blamed, it should be them. tactics were awful, signings have been mediocre, subs are dumb. and what is with rafa's list? his 'mind games' exploded right in his face. if manchester united wins the trophy this season, he will be keegan v2.0.

he couldn't even talk about lamp's red card. because he knows that it was stupid. all the conspiracy theories stopped when the ref gave them the game. expect it to start again once they lose games. pathetic.

i am not speculating about gerrard being a diver. it is a known fact. then there is the court case, but i won't go there.. please, being a fan is one thing, pero following the team blindly is another.

again, liverpool having a prestigious forward line up is just LOL. shows how knowledgeable you are about your team.

did you talk about rooney and ronaldos diving theatrics? because hes stupid. wow.

please, being a fan is one thing, pero following the team blindly is another. tell me, since when have u been following man utd? since they won last yr? LMAO :boo:

prestigious, yes. you obviously dont know liverpools history. keep it that way. we dont need posers like you. they only belong at man utd. :mtc:

hey, i hate man utd but i respect their team. i have to admit that c ronaldo, despite being the biggest cry baby in the planet, is an awesome player. rooney is world class. tevez (along with kuyt) is the hardest working player in the epl. berbatov is elegant. giggs is a legend.

i'm a big liverpool fan but even i have to say that we are throwing the title away. rafa has only himself to blame. the awful tactical decisions (ie the game against wigan), and the weird team selection (6 defenders and a defensive mid against portsmouth??).

just this last match, we were lucky to win against portsmouth. starting kuyt and torres on the bench with gerrard injured. it proved that ngog and babel are clearly not ready. ngog was virtually invisible (did he even get a touch?) and babel missed an open net from 2 yards. thank the stars we have torres.

Edited by damaso
hey, i hate man utd but i respect their team. i have to admit that c ronaldo, despite being the biggest cry baby in the planet, is an awesome player. rooney is world class. tevez (along with kuyt) is the hardest working player in the epl. berbatov is elegant. giggs is a legend.

i'm a big liverpool fan but even i have to say that we are throwing the title away. rafa has only himself to blame. the awful tactical decisions (ie the game against wigan), and the weird team selection (6 defenders and a defensive mid against portsmouth??).

just this last match, we were lucky to win against portsmouth. starting kuyt and torres on the bench with gerrard injured. it proved that ngog and babel are clearly not ready. ngog was virtually invisible (did he even get a touch?) and babel missed an open net from 2 yards. thank the stars we have torres.

thank god for sensible supporters.

Edwin Van Der Sar claims British record (1,212 minutes without conceding a goal)

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=...;newsid=6626680

Edwin van der Sar set a new record for British league football as United secured a vital league win at West Ham.

The Dutchman matched the previous standard for minutes without conceding a goal during the first half at Upton Park. He got there thanks to his fine saves to deny Lucas Neill and Carlton Cole and the gritty defending he's come to expect from his team-mates.

"It's hard work from everybody," said Edwin, when asked for the key to his record.

"I had to make a couple of saves today but the defenders are incredible, how they defend, how they clear the balls... it's a team effort because everybody tracks back.

"It's fantastic record and I'm very happy about it. But what really means a lot at the moment is the win. It was so important, especially after seeing Liverpool win yesterday.

"West Ham away has been a difficult match for us over the years so it's a great result for us to come away from here with three points and another clean sheet.

"The main thing is we're back on top and let's hope we can stay there."

Edited by _eRon_

very nice goal by giggs against the hammers last night to get the 3 points & get the red devils back on top of the epl :)..the defense was again superb with van der sar protecting the goal; manutd has now gone 13 games without conceding a goal; surpassing the british record for longest period without conceding a goal..

with the pairing of vidic & ferdinand; the left backs evra & o'shea as well as the right backs,neville & brown, & with evans & the da silva twins maturing, galing talaga ng mga defenders ng manutd, i hope they can maintain the streak :)..go red devils!!! :)

carlton cole played very well last night, he was a handful for vidic & ferdinand, he was very strong as well as having the speed to outrun defenders, he was drogba-like hehe..westham played well last night & showed signs of confidence which has helped them win games in the league, mukhang magaling na coach si zola, he knows his team, plays everybody to their strengths & his helping his lads gain confidence to win games..

c.ronaldo was denied a penalty late in the 2nd half despite being tripped by lucas neill in the penalty box, sayang, we need to score goals as much as possible para when it comes down to goal difference sa title, we have some breathing room..

Edited by _eRon_

Huntelaar: I want to leave Madrid!

http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-l...ve-Madrid!/

Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar wants to leave the Real Madrid after only signing for them earlier last month.

The former Ajax Amsterdam forward has had a tough start to his Primera Liga adventure having been left out of Madrid's Champions League squad while only featuring three times in the league totaling 151 minutes.

Spanish daily AS quoted the player telling his close friends: "I can't stand this situation anymore. They (Madrid) have neither included me for the Champions League nor do they want to play me in the league. Juande (Ramos) does not have any confidence in me. I want to leave Madrid. I can't bear this."

Once courted by European giants like Chelsea, Manchester United and Juventus, Huntelaar decided to choose Madrid which has proved to be the wrong choice so far for the giant hitman.

He has reportedly informed his agent, Arnold Oosteweld to hold talks with the club to clarify his future.

I am an Arsenal fan but as much as I hate it Man United is really a very strong team. Strong in a sense that they have too much quality. Much like Chelsea during Jose's reign. They can almost have 2 starting 11 in their line-ups. As far as Liverpool, I do not see Rafa's quty in buying talent. More than half of the players he purchased have already left the club.

medyo mainit na ang exchanges dito ah!...hehe...as the brits would put it...its hotting up!

ManU looks really strong for this season...maybe another silverware is in the bag but I highly doubt their CL chances

Chelsea has just sacked Big Phil ...and might go back to "the ordinary one" Avram Grant till the end of the season...

Pompey also sacked Tony Adams..

Villa is showing good form...but is doubful that they will have enough gas in the tank to last till the end of the season...so in the end...evrything will be back in its natural order...and it will still be the traditional big 4 on top of the table at the end of the season....

Roman personally fired Scolari!

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-l...d-Scolari!/

A spokesman for Luiz Felipe Scolari has revealed that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich was responsible for his sacking.

According to Scolari's agent, Acaz Fellegger, the Brazilian coach had the full support of Chelsea's chief executive Peter Kenyon. Fellegger instead pointed the finger at the club's multi-billionaire owner

"It seems that Abramovich made the decision," Fellegger told newspaper Lance earlier.

"He [scolari] was not in a comfortable situation despite having the support of the squad and Peter Kenyon."

Fellegger also pointed out what Scolari felt what was ailing Cheslea: the lack of a youth programme and an ordinary first-team. The former Portugal coach also rued Robinho's failure to arrive at Stamford Bridge.

"The Chelsea squad are old," Fellegger continued. "Felipe tried to rejuvenate it, but unsuccessfully.

"He asked [the board] to sign Deco and Robinho, but they only bought Deco."

Fellegger also dismmissed suggestions that Scolari had problems with the English language. He revealed that Scolari had worked hard to become fluent and competent in the language - in order to give responses at press conferences in English.

"The English language has never been an issue for him as he has given many interviews in English," he added.

On Sky Sports News, Scolari issued a statement through Fellegger's website and said he would communicate with the media soon and wished his former club all the best.

"I wish luck to Chelsea in the three competitions they are involved in," the statement read.

"I also take this opportunity to confirm that I will keep living in London and I will respond to the media soon."