• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Football Thread

Labuyo

el clasico halftime: 0-0

- not the cracking match everyone thought it would be, partly because of the rain and the heavy pitch. the tackles are flying in though, as expected.

- messi is getting hacked every time he has the ball. 3 yellows already on the players defending him.

- barca playing pretty passing moves but to no effect. they're playing a very high defensive line which opens them up to a quick counter. in fact, the best chance of the match so far has been the pacy drenthe's one-on-one with valdes.

- metzelder has been immense - a whole bunch of last ditch tackles is keeping barca at bay.

- i'm thinking barca would try a more direct route in the second half.

barcelona 2 real madrid 0

great effort by los merengues. iker casillas again shows why some consider him the best keeper in the game - first a penalty save, and then a brilliant double save to deny eto'o and messi. but in the end, barcelona had too much: our captain terrific, carlos puyol, wins the header for eto'o to bundle in the match winning goal. henry then releases messi to wrap it up in injury time.

viva barca!!

THE PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE looks great this season with all teams vying for points off each other. Surely those points dropped by the big four for the past few weeks helped the smaller clubs to scale higher and reach them. Just take a look at arsenal. Hopefully if the stats do prove right that teams that have a top four standings coming into the christmas break would keep their standings for the rest of the year, well, we'll be seeing aston villa in the ucl. Sana nga magkatuloy, besides, arse have been the arse lately. Maybe too much inside squabbling. Speaking of arse, they'll be playing liverpool this weekend, gotta catch that. My geordies will be facing the spurs, gotta catch that too. That everton v chelsea fixtures also got a lot of bearings in it. Scolari seemed to be losing steam as the year moves on. Lets see how things play out. Most teams i think will be wanting a great end to the this year. Good luck to all of you sa fantasy natin, I got mine set na. Chhers!

Howay the Lads!

post-25839-1229668728.jpg