• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Football Thread

Labuyo

barca is tearing it up.

alves, keita and hleb are fitting in nicely. and henry is now comfortable with the fact that eto'o is the main striker, and is now doing well on the left. xavi and iniesta are solid as ever. even valdes has improved...

and messi? just out of this world.

wow, this place is really filled with politics. what happened to katana15s posts. just goes to show how biased this place really is.

lets just leave it to two people then.

cheers. enjoy.

in case you went camping under a big rock on top of a mountain, mtc went down for a period of 3 days and lost "some" data..

and i think there's a manchester derby too. city v united...thats something to look forward to as well. Damn! Footie fantasy last week was hard to predict with a lot of those goaless draw games. of course there's also the ever important northeast derby between middlesbrough and NEWCASTLE UNITED!!!! All of those exciting fixtures this coming weekend!!!

post-25839-1227895617.jpg

Edited by biggyprox

word on the campfire is that mourinho wants drogba at inter badly. he is willing to sell crespo, adriano, and mario balotelli just to get drogba.

crespo, 34, is on his twilight years so he's not a big loss (real madrid, with rvn out for the year, might be interested on the proven world class striker). adriano has had a rocky relationship with mourinho, so he could be sold to the man city. but balotelli? the 18 year old is one of the brightest talents in italy. i first saw balotelli in the coppa italia last season when he scored twice against juventus (the team i support in italy, though they're boring now). he is a gem of a player and i truly question mourinho's good sense in selling this future superstar. if it does happen, i hope either barcelona or liverpool buys this kid.

word on the campfire is that mourinho wants drogba at inter badly. he is willing to sell crespo, adriano, and mario balotelli just to get drogba.

crespo, 34, is on his twilight years so he's not a big loss (real madrid, with rvn out for the year, might be interested on the proven world class striker).

crespo is out of the equation bec Madrid will buy a player that can qualify for the Champions League. word out of Bernabeu is that the team is close to signing 2 young attacking players, but there is no leak yet on who those might be.

the leading names are: Mauro Zarate (Lazio), Amr Zaki (Wigan), Angel Di Maria (Benfica) and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax)

the latter two being the favorites. but with calderon, who knows?

crespo is out of the equation bec Madrid will buy a player that can qualify for the Champions League. word out of Bernabeu is that the team is close to signing 2 young attacking players, but there is no leak yet on who those might be.

the leading names are: Mauro Zarate (Lazio), Amr Zaki (Wigan), Angel Di Maria (Benfica) and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax)

the latter two being the favorites. but with calderon, who knows?

another name i heard being sprung around is carlos tevez

sevilla 0 barcelona 3

in its first big test, the blaugrana come away with a solid win against a very good sevilla side. sevilla had the best defence in la liga and it showed in a very even first half. barca were lucky to lead 1-0 at halftime, courtesy of an excellent opportunistic strike from eto'o. kanoute had a decent shout for a penalty, plus he hit the bar when it was harder to miss from 6 yards out.

second half was all messi. two wonderful goals from the best player in the world. even the sevilla fans had to stand up and applaud the argentinian maestro.

only cause for concern was the performance of gerard pique. the lumbering defender is too slow, often being caught out by fabiano and kanoute. good thing marquez was there to clean up. we need a left back badly so puyol can go back to the center. zhirkov or lahm maybe?

getafe 3 real madrid 1

i know this is rubbing salt in the wound, but real madrid should have lost by 5. the rumours about biased officiating for the royal team of madrid is true. there were 3 clear penalties against madrid which were inexplicably not given. even a blatant two handed push by pepe on the back of uche who was one on one with casillas was ignored. incredible!

Edited by damaso