The Football Thread

Labuyo

i hear barcelona offered eto'o plus 10m euros for adebayor. ac milan reportedly offered 30m...

what the f#&k? adebayor is good but is he worth that much?!?

one good season and he thinks he's the son of god....f@&k him!! Sell Cash..debayor and get Santa Cruz and Arsharvin hehehe....

if Berbatov is truly going to ManUtd, then Spurs will be bidding for Roque Sta. Cruz's services...

i doubt Ronaldinho will go to Eastlands; but who knows; with enough money maybe he'll go for it..

Man City has bid 52 million dollars and AC Milan has bid 23 million dollars for Ronaldinho..

Arsenal quietly in race for Gareth Barry..

Spurs are targeting David Bentley of Blackburn

Christian Poulsen of Sevilla has been signed by Juventus for 10million euros..

Samaras of Manchester City has signed with Glasgow Celtic..

Edited by _eRon_

Ronaldinho transfers to AC Milan

Ronaldinho transferred to AC Milan late Tuesday, leaving FC Barcelona after the club’s new coach declared the team would plan for next season without the Brazilian playmaker.

The Italian club said late Tuesday Ronaldinho would arrive in Milan on Wednesday to get a medical exam and sign a contract through June 30, 2011.

Barcelona said that AC Milan will pay $33.4 million for Ronaldinho and another $6.3 million if it clinches a place in next season’s Champions League. The transfer amount was considerably less than the $50.7 million Barcelona said Manchester City had offered.

A two-time FIFA World Player of the Year, Ronaldinho has been seeking to leave Barcelona since new coach Pep Guardiola said that the star was not needed.

“(If) he can get back to being the player he was, perhaps we could have a rethink,” Guardiola said last month. “But circumstances are not what they are. I want a strong dressing room in which everyone feels important. That’s vital. If we don’t look after these aspects, we’ll be less strong. And if Ronnie felt this, he would be with us.”

Ronaldinho scored 91 goals in 200 appearances in his five seasons at the Camp Nou, and helped lead Barcelona to consecutive Spanish league titles in 2005 and 2006, and the Champions League trophy in 2006.

At Milan, he will join fellow Brazilians Kaka and Alexandre Pato.

The 28-year-old, who was under contract at the Camp Nou through 2010, was coming off one of his poorest seasons with nine goals in 26 appearances. Assorted injuries—ranging from a foot problem to thigh injury to knee tendinitis—accompanied by concerns over his social habits meant Ronaldinho played the fewest games since first moving to Europe to play for French side Paris St-Germain in 2001.

Ronaldinho turned down Manchester United to sign with Barcelona in July 2003, shortly after David Beckham rejected Barcelona and signed with Real Madrid. Barcelona bought 2002 World Cup winner Ronaldinho for $34 million and brought winning football back to Barcelona, with his dazzling dribbles and no-look assists leading Barcelona to consecutive league titles in 2005-06 and its second European Cup in 2006.

Ronaldinho even managed to earn a standing ovation from Madrid fans after scoring for the second time in a 3-0 victory at Barca’s bitter rival during the team’s second title run.

But since that 2-1 Champions League victory over Arsenal at Paris, Barcelona’s dip in form has mirrored that of its biggest star.

Harry Redknapp interested in acquiring Shaun Wright Phillips

Pablo Aimar signs with Benfica

Sevilla sign French defender Squilacci

Vicente Del Bosque is the new Spain manager

Drogba to decide on future on the next 10 days

Aston Villa lift ban on Barry

Gilberto of Arsenal sign with Panathaniakos

Gareth Barry determined to leave Aston Villa; Villa maybe forced to lower asking price of 18million pounds

Voronin set to be sold by Liverpool

Arsenal sign 17 yr old Francis Coquelin; possible next signings include Gareth Barry of Aston Villa and Amaury Bischoff of Werder Bremen

Sir Alex Ferguson confirms Berbatov bid; Spurs asking price is 30mil but ManUtd is making a 22mil bid for the Bulgarian striker

because they are a feeder club. even the boss admits it himself. he has stadium plans to worry about.

quoted wrong....mere gate sales at the Emirates is enough to finance the stadium itself....Wenger has money at his disposal.....he sticks to his principle of not buying players with bloated valuation...money is ruining the beautiful game!

Gareth Barry determined to leave Aston Villa; Villa maybe forced to lower asking price of 18million pounds

Voronin set to be sold by Liverpool

Arsenal sign 17 yr old Francis Coquelin; possible next signings include Gareth Barry of Aston Villa and Amaury Bischoff of Werder Bremen

Sir Alex Ferguson confirms Berbatov bid; Spurs asking price is 30mil but ManUtd is making a 22mil bid for the Bulgarian striker

Tot Spurs have lodged a complaint with the FA for ManU's approach for Berba...ala Real Madrid style.....

Ronnie will definitely go...specially when he agreed with Platini's "slave" comment about how players are being treated by their clubs...who wants a player that does not want to play for their club anymore?....

ManU will have a big gaping hole in the scoring front and that is why they will unsettle Berba at Spurs and poach him.....Real Madrid style :rolleyes:

quoted wrong....mere gate sales at the Emirates is enough to finance the stadium itself....Wenger has money at his disposal.....he sticks to his principle of not buying players with bloated valuation...money is ruining the beautiful game!

wow, quite surprised not too many people are aware of this. it was a shock to the footballing world when he said it on TV. "Arsenal will be a selling club for the next two (2) decades, [yes i know, 2 decades, well me in our midlife crisis by then, LOL] to financially support the new stadium and its debts. :thumbsupsmiley: cheers.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0706/arsenal.html

new yahoo fantasy football season coming right up. will let everyone know the login and pw after i open up a new group.

badtrip nga ang spurs dahil kinukulit ng liverpool si robbie keane tpos si berbatov nman ng manutd hehehehe

i think manutd is trying to increase the price of c.ronaldo; right now its about 85million pounds (112 million dollars); i hope he has a change of heart, sayang siya..

wow, quite surprised not too many people are aware of this. it was a shock to the footballing world when he said it on TV. "Arsenal will be a selling club for the next two (2) decades, [yes i know, 2 decades, well me in our midlife crisis by then, LOL] to financially support the new stadium and its debts. :thumbsupsmiley: cheers.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0706/arsenal.html

new yahoo fantasy football season coming right up. will let everyone know the login and pw after i open up a new group.

hahaha...look at the source of that news item...News of the World...parang equivalent ng Abante yan dito sa UK... :lol:

"News of the World" usually is the source of all rubbish rumours in the UK...politika man o sports...

to enlighten you more.... eto ang mga mas medyo reliable sources....

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

badtrip nga ang spurs dahil kinukulit ng liverpool si robbie keane tpos si berbatov nman ng manutd hehehehe

i think manutd is trying to increase the price of c.ronaldo; right now its about 85million pounds (112 million dollars); i hope he has a change of heart, sayang siya..

I doubt na aabot sa ganong price si Ronnie.....I think he will be in the region of 20+ Million plus another player from Madrid....

hahaha...look at the source of that news item...News of the World...parang equivalent ng Abante yan dito sa UK... :lol:

"News of the World" usually is the source of all rubbish rumours in the UK...politika man o sports...

to enlighten you more.... eto ang mga mas medyo reliable sources....

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

tnx for strengthening my argument by putting more sources. cheers.

and sources which are very biased indeed. (arsenal.com) LOL. dnt know where you got 'News of the World' for some reason. lol.

fyi, the source i provided came from RTE. "RTÉ is a Public Service Broadcaster, a non-profit making organisation owned by the Irish people. RTÉ is Ireland's cross-media leader, providing comprehensive and cost-effective free-to-air television, radio and online services, which are of the highest quality and are impartial, in accordance with RTÉ's statutory obligations"

in the end, "ARSEnal is a FEEDER CLUB". nuff said. just google and its everywhere. no debate about it. end of story.

Even after all the antics, C.Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world right now, nobody can dispute that and he is more than worth 80+ million pounds, c'mon, kalokohan yun 20+ million na estimate hehehehe...

if ever he is allowed to leave, hindi pa ngayon yun, kay sir alex pa din ang may final say, if he continues to show disloyalty for the club, baka sa january transfer window siguro...

some football news:

Kaka's not for sale, insists AC Milan

Unwanted Eto'o close to leaving Barcelona

Fulham and Sunderland target Louis Saha

Rosicky plans September comeback

as for Arsenal being a feeder club, parang ganun nga ang nangyayari kasi nga nag-alisan na yung mga key players nila last season: Flamini, Hleb at Adebayor (swerte nga at di pa siya umaalis, buti na lang tinaasan ni Arsene presyo nya hehe)..i still believe that Arsene Wenger is a very brilliant manager, with what is available to him, i'm very impressed with what he was able to do last season despite having a young team

tnx for strengthening my argument by putting more sources. cheers.

and sources which are very biased indeed. (arsenal.com) LOL. dnt know where you got 'News of the World' for some reason. lol.

fyi, the source i provided came from RTE. "RTÉ is a Public Service Broadcaster, a non-profit making organisation owned by the Irish people. RTÉ is Ireland's cross-media leader, providing comprehensive and cost-effective free-to-air television, radio and online services, which are of the highest quality and are impartial, in accordance with RTÉ's statutory obligations"

in the end, "ARSEnal is a FEEDER CLUB". nuff said. just google and its everywhere. no debate about it. end of story.

haha... If you happen to read the contents your source...the quote came from "News of the world"...learn how to read the contents and not just the headline....k? Just google? .....and you believe everything you read on the net?..

FYI din...eto ung laman ng source mo 4th paragraph ng article....The strategy of the club is to sell every year and to buy less expensive players,' he told the News of the World........point proven?...are you still going to contest it? .....read your source again...

and to prove to you na...equuvalent ng Abante ang News of the world...eto ang news exclusive nila ngayon:

Love split Cheeky Girl reveals torment she hid from world...

Gabriela Irimia tells of secret miscarriage and split from Lembit Opik

in the end..even though you'd like to believe everything you read on the net.......Arsenal the so-called feeder club finished above Liverpool - Nuff said. No debate about it! End of story. :P

Even after all the antics, C.Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world right now, nobody can dispute that and he is more than worth 80+ million pounds, c'mon, kalokohan yun 20+ million na estimate hehehehe...

if ever he is allowed to leave, hindi pa ngayon yun, kay sir alex pa din ang may final say, if he continues to show disloyalty for the club, baka sa january transfer window siguro...

some football news:

Kaka's not for sale, insists AC Milan

Unwanted Eto'o close to leaving Barcelona

Fulham and Sunderland target Louis Saha

Rosicky plans September comeback

as for Arsenal being a feeder club, parang ganun nga ang nangyayari kasi nga nag-alisan na yung mga key players nila last season: Flamini, Hleb at Adebayor (swerte nga at di pa siya umaalis, buti na lang tinaasan ni Arsene presyo nya hehe)..i still believe that Arsene Wenger is a very brilliant manager, with what is available to him, i'm very impressed with what he was able to do last season despite having a young team

This phenomenon is not going to stop in the foreseeable future..as more money gets pumped into the game.....mas dadami ang mga money hungry players...there's even discussion re: removal of the transfer window.....and allow movement of players at any time, like in other pro sports.

As for Ronnie's valuation..it is a matter of opinion...nobody is worth more than 80 million pounds....hehe parang isa ng team sa Championship ung value nya...

haha... If you happen to read the contents your source...the quote came from "News of the world"...learn how to read the contents and not just the headline....k? Just google? .....and you believe everything you read on the net?..

FYI din...eto ung laman ng source mo 4th paragraph ng article....The strategy of the club is to sell every year and to buy less expensive players,' he told the News of the World........point proven?...are you still going to contest it? .....read your source again...

and to prove to you na...equuvalent ng Abante ang News of the world...eto ang news exclusive nila ngayon:

Love split Cheeky Girl reveals torment she hid from world...

Gabriela Irimia tells of secret miscarriage and split from Lembit Opik

in the end..even though you'd like to believe everything you read on the net.......Arsenal the so-called feeder club finished above Liverpool - Nuff said. No debate about it! End of story. :P

This phenomenon is not going to stop in the foreseeable future..as more money gets pumped into the game.....mas dadami ang mga money hungry players...there's even discussion re: removal of the transfer window.....and allow movement of players at any time, like in other pro sports.

As for Ronnie's valuation..it is a matter of opinion...nobody is worth more than 80 million pounds....hehe parang isa ng team sa Championship ung value nya...

awww. and now everyones moving out of the feeder club. aint that sad.

yah googling it just shows that all the news companies are talking about it. i even saw it on CNN, wenger himself talking about his club feeding. my point is, dont veer the topic away and put it into issues of credibility. the fact is arsenal is feeding team. google and everyone talks about it despite how lowly they are (looks like you read abante everyday, LOL); and your ARSEnal.com source is very reliable indeed. lets all argue about ARSEnal and check ARSEnal.com for information. stick the sad issue of becoming a feeder club.

yah no problem, you could go on talking about arsenal finishing above us.. but howd did it feel when you lost against us in the final of three of games in a span of the week. just shows how the depth of the team not matching up against the reds. :thumbsupsmiley:

we live in a capitalist society. its a reality. we cant stop money hungry players; its just being pragmatic. the goal hence for the club is to develop the players with the club's embedded values. i see ARSEnal's failure in that. what we see is a bunch of Africans doing the dirty work, a bunch of youth that get developed and eventually gets sold to other BETTER clubs. But Stevie G. aint a money-hungry person, and so is Liverpool. :lol: