The Football Thread

Labuyo

yeah, barry is overpriced.

i wish liverpool would get a big burly centerback who can defend physical forwards like drogba. christopher samba from rovers maybe?

i beg to disagree with you pareng damaso. its been proven in todays game that pure physicality alone in defense cannot match the new striker today. what we need are 'intellectual defenders'. examples of this new-breed are the likes of flamini, cannavaro (i mean who would you rather choose, cannavaro or Materrazi?, lol), puyol, and of course, our very own, Mascherano. Average height between these around 5'9 id say. these have the instinct of being a tough tackler with keen positional sense that puts them in the equilibrium to match the new striker.

aside from this explanation though, portsmouth's defensive pairing is an exception to this as they won the FA cup. (campbell and distin)

i think skrtel and agger (when he gets back in injury) are up to task and are fitting for their roles. just the mere face of skrtel scares forwards already. lol

true. i was thinking more of a squad player than a starter though. skrtel and carragher are good starters, with mascherano as the midfield shield like you said. but i'd love for liverpool to have a big defender to call upon. samba shouldn't be more than 5 million euros. he's young too and can develop into a quality player.

Why are Liverpool still going for Barry, when u have Xabi Alonso? If not for Fabregas' form, HE could be in the starting XI in the final.

Am a Madrid fan, and my personal message to Cristiano Ronaldo : BACK OFF! STAY AWAY, Diver!

He's got no game, dude. Always falling down. Come on, be a man and STAY ON YOUR FCUKING FEET!!

Robinho to Chelsea would be a big big mistake for RMadrid. Villa to Madrid sounds more like it.

:)

i beg to disagree with you pareng damaso. its been proven in todays game that pure physicality alone in defense cannot match the new striker today. what we need are 'intellectual defenders'. examples of this new-breed are the likes of flamini, cannavaro (i mean who would you rather choose, cannavaro or Materrazi?, lol), puyol, and of course, our very own, Mascherano. Averag

e height between these around 5'9 id say. these have the instinct of being a tough tackler with keen positional sense that puts them in the equilibrium to match the new striker.

aside from this explanation though, portsmouth's defensive pairing is an exception to this as they won the FA cup. (campbell and distin)

i think skrtel and agger (when he gets back in injury) are up to task and are fitting for their roles. just the mere face of skrtel scares forwards already. lol

more rumours:

- man utd have accepted a 90m euros bid from real madrid for c ronaldo

- russian star arshavin headed to chelsea

- ronaldinho 90% sure to join ac milan

- robinho to man utd as replacement for ronaldo

- galatasaray has signed liverpool's kewell

- french young star samir nasri will sign with arsenal

wonder if they're true...

robinho for c.ronaldo?!? parang di ata like for like yun :huh: hehehehehe

whatever c.ronaldo does i know sir alex will make good decisions for the team :)

congrats sa spain, well deserved euro championship :)

antagal magdecide ni sir alex kung sino i-ssign, magrreact signing siguro siya whichever c.ronaldo decides..i hope he gets a defender & an offensive midfielder for ManUtd, Go Red Devils!!! :)

more rumours:

- man utd have accepted a 90m euros bid from real madrid for c ronaldo

- russian star arshavin headed to chelsea

- ronaldinho 90% sure to join ac milan

- robinho to man utd as replacement for ronaldo

- galatasaray has signed liverpool's kewell

- french young star samir nasri will sign with arsenal

wonder if they're true...

the kewell and nasri deals are done already.

the kewell and nasri deals are done already.

Kewell's agent just denied this story....

Nasri is a done deal for the Gunners...

Liverpool might go for Robbie Keane swap with Crouch...or Crouch to Pompey

Bentley to go to Villa and Barry to go the other way...

Liverpool is also signing another keeper...Cavalieri..

Cash. ..debayor still undecided...bet Arsenal will just take the cash...30 Million is not bad... thank you very much. :goatee:

good call but me thinks he might underachieve. I had such high hopes for samaras to no avail...

Jo and another Brazilian did really well...sa champions league run nila with CSKA....shame wala silang competent backup....

Looks like Man City will be decent this season...

Benjani to be the target man....Jo to sit slightly further back and to run off the defenders shoulders....though he is also good in the air..his main asset is speed

Midfield looks strong as well....Petrov,Elano, Castillo,Fernandes and Ireland...with Hamann to sit just in front of the back 4...

Dunne, Micah Richards, Corluka and Garrido at the back is decent as well...

Jo and another Brazilian did really well...sa champions league run nila with CSKA....shame wala silang competent backup....

Looks like Man City will be decent this season...

Benjani to be the target man....Jo to sit slightly further back and to run off the defenders shoulders....though he is also good in the air..his main asset is speed

Midfield looks strong as well....Petrov,Elano, Castillo,Fernandes and Ireland...with Hamann to sit just in front of the back 4...

Dunne, Micah Richards, Corluka and Garrido at the back is decent as well...

Yes but sos did Samaras in his former club. A gamble I am willing to take never the less.

I wonder who will be city's #1 this season?

Issakson or Shmiekel?

Shmiekel is bloody good eventho he's a kid.

Yes but sos did Samaras in his former club. A gamble I am willing to take never the less.

I wonder who will be city's #1 this season?

Issakson or Shmiekel?

Shmiekel is bloody good eventho he's a kid.

Issakson just got shipped to PSV...from what I heard...its going to be Hart who will be wearing the no.1 jersey for city

Samaras has just been sold to the new whipping boys Hull City...

it was jo, vagner love and daniel carvalho at cska when they won the uefa cup.

yep city is looking good. and they just upped their bid for ronaldinho.

Zirkhov ( Jerk.ov...sa mga English pundits) was also a CSKA player pala..

Its looking like Ronaldinho to AC Milan (according to his agent/brother)...City isnt too enticing yet for rabbit boy...

Edited by mojo2NV