The Football Thread

Labuyo

yah of course as soon as yahoo fantasy footie opens up this coming august. just want to get a headcount for the meantime.

so far:

1.duchessXI

2.xycho_g

3.howard_the_duck

count me in as well

que viva espana!

fabregas the super sub!

i hope he starts sa final. ang liit ng mga midfielders ng spain compared to germany.

oh, and sali ako sa fantasy footy although i always forget to update my team hehe...

Aragones did a masters troke....he took of Villa and loaded the midfield with 5 players.....and virtually nuetralised Arsharvin and the Russian wingbacks....I never heard Arsharvin's name mentioned in the entire 2nd half..compared to the first half when he eventually had the ball all the time....

The finals will be a tight game...to be dominated by the midfield.....

Mertersacker and Metzelder have not yet displayed command of the German back line...whilst Puyol and Marchena have been brilliant throughout the tourney.....I think its Spain to win 2-0......wooohoo Fabregas to score

hmm i wonder how the EPL will look like next season. the EPL showed its strength by fielding 3 English teams in the last 4 of the Champs league this season. this in turn brought a huge market towards EPL players, hence big money moves.

this brought the ego out of some players such as Ronaldo, and now even Adebayor, a player i admired for not only his football skills, but also his humble attitude. but now hes on course similar to ronaldo, with making Arsenal guess everytime, and money a factor for his future. i thought everything was sealed for a future with Arsenal, but like Ronaldo, once again backed out and hopes for a move towards another team.

o well.

hmm i wonder how the EPL will look like next season. the EPL showed its strength by fielding 3 English teams in the last 4 of the Champs league this season. this in turn brought a huge market towards EPL players, hence big money moves.

this brought the ego out of some players such as Ronaldo, and now even Adebayor, a player i admired for not only his football skills, but also his humble attitude. but now hes on course similar to ronaldo, with making Arsenal guess everytime, and money a factor for his future. i thought everything was sealed for a future with Arsenal, but like Ronaldo, once again backed out and hopes for a move towards another team.

o well.

EPL will still be the best league this season, unless LFP step their games up and try to globalize the league. A good start would be making an interactive website in english. EPL has the website in chinese even...

o well.

Oh well. I trust that Wenger will find another talent to replace Adebayor.

As for Ronaldo, I guess his eventual transfer will break the transfer fees previously set by the move of Zidane to Madrid.

halftime thoughts:

- torres torres torres! that goal was all torres. a ball he had no right on getting a touch on, and he delivers a goal. he also hit the post with a header before the goal. el nino is en fuego!

- sergio ramos is again playing like he belongs in major league soccer. he almost gifts germany a goal in the first 10 minutes. along with germany's mario gomez, he's the biggest disappointment of the tournament.

- germany was dominating the first 20 minutes but spain has been strong after. looking good so far...