The Football Thread

Labuyo

nah, no bottomless bucket this season for Rafa. funds been constrained due to the funds being forwarded for the new stadium.

just some tactical purchases this season with his usual trademark player + cash deals.

lol, yah sell them for twice or thrice the price and get more kids. the reason why they werent able to last in the EPL and champs league was due to the fact that they did not have enough experienced players on the pitch when you needed them. Now they get Nasri? although a good buy, id prefer a star veteran player (esp with all the cash readily available) rather than a kid whos impressed with his club for just a season.

Wenger better get his tactics on course again if he wants to replicate his zero-loss season years back.

on the other end, i do not understand why Rafa would want to get Barry. we have surplus of midfielders and adding him would just further cause him agony of being placed in the bench. (although he would get the champs league exp he craving for) and of course, liverpool brand status, as all players england intls come from the top 4 of the EPL.

o well, cant wait for the transfer season to start. i hate it when they cram for deals.

havent seen him play and he's young pa. haha.

btw f#&king heckle and jeckle. ang mahal dun. 1 bucket P250 4 beers lng. pang kano pla dun tapos daming pokpok. haha.

Carson used to be no. 3 for liverpool 2 years back. was loaned to Villa and now Villa might get him for a record fee depending with the Barry offer.

liverpool has a knack for creating World class Gks:

aside from carson,

Brad Friedel (no. 1 US GK, blackburn)

David James (no.1 England GK, portsmouth)

Jerzy Dudek (famous skeleton dance vs Milan in 05 champs league final which won them the trophy)

Jose Reina (starter for liverpool, no. 3 for spain after casillas and valdes, incredible shot stopper) arguably the best GK for me due to the fact there is a sometimes fragile defense in front of him, and s@%t, do you see him throwing a long ball, its like the length of a goal kick but with maximum precision and turf control/bounce. idol.

Chris Kirkland (now no.1 GK for Wigan, consistent at that)

Sander Westerveld (now Gk for Real Sociedad)

all in a span of, what, 10 years? tnx to the goalkeeping backroom staff.

Edited by duchessXI
havent seen him play and he's young pa. haha.

btw f#&king heckle and jeckle. ang mahal dun. 1 bucket P250 4 beers lng. pang kano pla dun tapos daming pokpok. haha.

Ifever I get to see that arsehole I will sucker punch him.

Where is heckle and jeckle exactly in makati ave?

Dutchess,

WTF is wrong with Anfield? Why get a new one? Higburry was awsome why change it as well?

And I think pepe is second fiddle to Iker. Valdez sucks balls. He's ESP's Scott Carson/Calamity James. (minus James' awsomeness when not in calamity mode)

Edited by redshirt

Dutchess,

WTF is wrong with Anfield? Why get a new one? Higburry was awsome why change it as well?

And I think pepe is second fiddle to Iker. Valdez sucks balls. He's ESP's Scott Carson/Calamity James. (minus James' awsomeness when not in calamity mode)

theres absolutely nothing wrong with anfield. we just cant compete with other club's stadiums' seating capacity, hence the renovation towards a bigger stadium. same goes with highbury i think.

i think valdez is good in my opinion, why would i choose him over my clubs GK, plus why would barca stick with him over the years. hes not with the catalonian giants for nothing.

heck jeckl is along jupiter ave. parang sa may esquinita na maraming pokpok nakatambay. go there usually cuz thats where my friends go, and im not referring to the DOMs. haha

just plain football loving fans whos there for the beer and the show. cheers. :thumbsupsmiley:

nah, no bottomless bucket this season for Rafa. funds been constrained due to the funds being forwarded for the new stadium.

just some tactical purchases this season with his usual trademark player + cash deals.

lol, yah sell them for twice or thrice the price and get more kids. the reason why they werent able to last in the EPL and champs league was due to the fact that they did not have enough experienced players on the pitch when you needed them. Now they get Nasri? although a good buy, id prefer a star veteran player (esp with all the cash readily available) rather than a kid whos impressed with his club for just a season.

Wenger better get his tactics on course again if he wants to replicate his zero-loss season years back.

on the other end, i do not understand why Rafa would want to get Barry. we have surplus of midfielders and adding him would just further cause him agony of being placed in the bench. (although he would get the champs league exp he craving for) and of course, liverpool brand status, as all players england intls come from the top 4 of the EPL.

o well, cant wait for the transfer season to start. i hate it when they cram for deals.

star veteran?...you cant teach old dogs new tricks...as Wenger always points out the club needs talent not money hungry mercenaries

The 2003-04 season will be difficult to replicate...no other team has done it and no one can in the near future

Could agree more re: Barry.....I dont think Barry deserves to go to Liverpool and he'll be better suited to play for Arsenal, as a natural replacement for Flamini...although I think Wenger is moulding Diaby to be the next Viera. Mascherano currently play in that position and unless Barry wants to be benched/ or be 2nd fiddle to Mascherano...Rafa I think is just trying to secure the holding midfield position and have a straight like for like substitute (to go with his rotation policy :thumbsupsmiley: and have a deeper bench fo rhis favorite European games)

Dutchess,

money...money...money

Highbury was small and Arsenal would never have the same economic strength as the other big 3 teams.....only conequnece is... I've been priced out for tickets...cant wait for my kid to be old enough to take him to live games...mas mura ung Young Gunner season ticket in the family enclosure...hehehe

The best keepers are the 2 from Turkey!...pangalan palang ulam na! Volkan!...si Rustu showed glimpses of his old self (when he was still at Barca and during the 02 Workd cup) against Croatia....

star veteran?...you cant teach old dogs new tricks...as Wenger always points out the club needs talent not money hungry mercenaries

The 2003-04 season will be difficult to replicate...no other team has done it and no one can in the near future

Couldn't agree more re: Barry.....I dont think it right for Barry to go to Liverpool and he'll be better suited to play for Arsenal, as a natural replacement for Flamini...although I think Wenger is moulding Diaby to be the next Viera. Mascherano currently play in that position and unless Barry wants to be benched/ or be 2nd fiddle to Mascherano...Rafa I think is just trying to secure the holding midfield position and have a straight like for like substitute (to go with his rotation policy :thumbsupsmiley: and have a deeper bench fo rhis favorite European games)

Dutchess,

money...money...money

Highbury was small and Arsenal would never have the same economic strength as the other big 3 teams.....only conequnece is... I've been priced out for home game tickets...cant wait for my kid to be old enough to take him to live games...mas mura ung Young Gunner season ticket in the family enclosure...hehehe

The best keepers are the 2 from Turkey!...pangalan palang ulam na! Volkan!....Rustu!.... Rustu showed glimpses of his old self (when he was still at Barca and during the 02 Workd cup) against Croatia....

Edited by mojo2NV

I get it then.

But I really think Highburry and Anfield are one of the "legendary" stadiums allong with the santiagio bernabeu, old trafford,st. jame's park, camp neu, benfica's stadium of light to name a few...

I really want the clubs to keep them so when I go to ENG I can take some nice pics and frolic at the pitch. I know it might be still there but where's the fun in an abandoned stadium....

lols. its near yoohoo.

because the bookies are angry :lol:

but i think a lot were expecting for france to suck so...

pano nagalit mga bookies? e puro underdogs nanalo db??

I get it then.

But I really think Highburry and Anfield are one of the "legendary" stadiums allong with the santiagio bernabeu, old trafford,st. jame's park, camp neu, benfica's stadium of light to name a few...

I really want the clubs to keep them so when I go to ENG I can take some nice pics and frolic at the pitch. I know it might be still there but where's the fun in an abandoned stadium....

Highbury is now home to luxury flats and the pitch was sectioned into 1m square and auctioned off.....