The Football Thread

Labuyo

WTF happend to Holland?

Too bad I can't leave the house later even if I don't have school tomorrow. godamn Euro 08 PPV.

ESP will win. I will shoot myself in the pes by saying this, Italy = fluke. The hedbutt changed everything. lol

What channel do they show the Euros in destiny?

Solar Sports.

1day delayed telecast.

what are you willing to put up red? im taking the italians...

orangemen were slow and looked sluggish....while the commies were flying...

I dunno mate you tell me.

I really feel good about the Spanish tonight. Did not put any moneyz on the game but, yeah, that's that.

what are you willing to put up red? im taking the italians...

orangemen were slow and looked sluggish....while the commies were flying...

on target observation. i believe the russians won not because they played well. the oranges were just plain lemons last night. :lol:

i hope spain goes through tonight!

on target observation. i believe the russians won not because they played well. the oranges were just plain lemons last night. :lol:

i hope spain goes through tonight!

really? i give the russians credit - thought the russians just played really well and surprised holland with their pace. even in their loss against spain, russia has shown they can attack very well. arshavin and pavlyuchenko are now the hot targets in the transfer market.

halftime spain - italy:

-italy having to change things around. pirlo and gattuso are suspended, and they have chiellini and panucci at centerbacks (they're both natural fullbacks). but they do have de rossi - the heir to makelele's throne as best holding mid in the world.

-sergio ramos was again anonymous. along with germany's mario gomez, he has been the biggest disappointment in this tournament.

-spain is tentative. they only had a couple of half-chances with silva. italy is also playing very narrow, flooding the middle with players.

-spain has dominated possession but i can't see a goal coming. maybe they should bring on fabregas?

45 minutes more!

i hope i stay sober to know what's going on!

btw bro damaso, how would you assess snijder's game last night? argh. he was listless. not the same guy i was awe-ing at for the past two weeks... :cry:

actually thought he played well. netherland's best player during the game. did a lot of running, and i think it was his free kick that led to rvn's goal.

the italians have been grabbing david villa's jersey in the box all game long. kakainis.

Edited by damaso

snijder sucked last night ... he tried to make up for it in the final minutes ... the russians were fast and they attacked relentlesly .. the ball movement was very good .. the orange were good with their set pieces .. but they were too far and few in between.. and they looked sluggish

way to go italians .. frustrate them spaniards

Edited by denimhead
is it just me or is anyone else bored with this game?

:lol:

yes almost as bad as romania-france.

referee didn't help - if a player stayed down for more than 2 seconds he stopped the game. frustrating.

and the italians played for penalties. only italian trying to do anything was del piero and he only came in 10 minutes ago.

penalties na...

Arsenal did finish above LIV.....

But not above United.

Welcome back Mojo. :D

Haven't seen you here in a while mate. :P

The kids indeed did not finish above ManU....kids :rolleyes:

Been busy slaving for the queen lately...cant wait for the next season....are you goin to set up another MTC EPL and CL fantasy league? Have you tried Hat trick?

yes you make them, and you feed them. :thumbsupsmiley:

and again, the inability to gain domestic success by Rafa is a highlight. yes, sad fact. but give time, any manager should deserve time to tinker with available options and adjust accordingly. Heck even Sir Alex himself almost got sacked not until after 5 years before he kickstarted to winning ways up till this day.

honestly, id say give it 2-3 more years, (similar to Houllier's tenure) and let the magic begin. B)

We add value and sell them on...3-4 times their originl value :thumbsupsmiley:

dunno why but the word tinker reminds me of...Ranieri :lol:

Looks like Rafa will have a bottomless bucket again this coming transfer period...as reportedly assured by the Yanks

ibang klase this tournament.

would you believe it? all the qfinals that have been played have been upsets, and this one is the biggest yet. after watching the group stages, i thought the dutch were the strongest team and russia were the weakest to go through. and this happens. and i would have to say russia deserved it. the dutch controlled possession, but russia by far had more chances.

i wonder if spain can avoid the upset tomorrow?

re rafa: true, towards the end of the season rafa did settle on a formation and rotated less. i think he found a formula that works (torres up front with gerrard as a support forward), but moreso because the league cup was over and liverpool was out of the fa cup. so there were less games to play and he could afford to start the same eleven. i believe one of the reasons why liverpool are so good in the champions league is because in the latter stages, their players are still relatively fresh compared to teams who play the same players in all competitions.

Arsharvin have indeed tripled his market value....Russia lookedlike a different team when Arsharvin returned from his 2 game suspension

holy mofg. Noooooooooo!!

i cant believe what im reading. 3-1 to russia?!

its going to be hard for Hiddink to step in his own turf after the tournament. expect snipers in the airport Guus.

well what do you know. Adebayor might go to Barca or AC.

acording to reports.

'Arsenal want to sell him to Barcelona, for their own motives. Barcelona tell me they already have an agreement with the player.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...820&cc=4716

whos next, bendtner? ROFL

rumours.... rumours....even if this is true (which is highly unlikely)...what the heck...we bought him for peanuts and now Europe's top teams are drooling over him....from 7 Million to 31 Million in 2 years is not bad :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by mojo2NV