The Football Thread

Labuyo

i dont know how the turks do it. three unbelievable comebacks in a row...

give torres some time. c'mon, it's only his first season with liverpool - of course he's not as institutionalized as gerrard who came up through liverpool's youth system.

yah and gerrard is not the type of player whos after money (speaking for club-based players coming from their respective club's youth system),

well see about lampard..

i imagine torres being part of liverpools heritage, i cant wait to watch that day when he finally hangs up his boots with liverpool and spain having won many trophies for both club and country. same goes with babel and mascherano, all are around 22-23 i believe.

mascherano to take up gerrard solid place in 5-8 years time.

also Thomas Ince, son of former England icon, Paul Ince, has signed for Liverpool in a tender age of 16 as FW. He wishes to follow his dads footsteps. On the other end, Paul Ince will be soon be a new Blackburn Manager.

other names at the Famous Liverpool Academy and Reserves include

- Emiliano Insua

- Thomas Ince

- Damien Plessis (was showcased against Arsenal in their 2nd game of the famous liverpool-arsenal trilogy (just this seasons champs league and 1 EPL game) which liverpool won (1 win, 2 draws)

- Daniel Pacheco (captured from barcelona, regular starter for the spanish under 17s)

- Nabil El Zhar (morrocan intl already at 18)

I really like mourinho. i just dont think that he has that much clout over lampard or drogba to attract them to inter. For sure, chelsea management will release hell for mourinho if he does attract those two. Well, maybe lampard, he can have drogba! I'm sure chelsea fans would be ok for him to be released after what happened last season at the EPL as well the CL

post-25839-1214042836.jpg

yah and gerrard is not the type of player whos after money (speaking for club-based players coming from their respective club's youth system),

well see about lampard..

i imagine torres being part of liverpools heritage, i cant wait to watch that day when he finally hangs up his boots with liverpool and spain having won many trophies for both club and country. same goes with babel and mascherano, all are around 22-23 i believe.

mascherano to take up gerrard solid place in 5-8 years time.

also Thomas Ince, son of former England icon, Paul Ince, has signed for Liverpool in a tender age of 16 as FW. He wishes to follow his dads footsteps. On the other end, Paul Ince will be soon be a new Blackburn Manager.

other names at the Famous Liverpool Academy and Reserves include

- Emiliano Insua

- Thomas Ince

- Damien Plessis (was showcased against Arsenal in their 2nd game of the famous liverpool-arsenal trilogy (just this seasons champs league and 1 EPL game) which liverpool won (1 win, 2 draws)

- Daniel Pacheco (captured from barcelona, regular starter for the spanish under 17s)

- Nabil El Zhar (morrocan intl already at 18)

I agree that Torres is a great player, but dont get too carried away....as soon as Rafa is shipped out of Liverpool...belive you me... Torres will also be gone in a flash....

wah! ang gulo tlga ni cristiano, kkbwiset, dami pang arte, if you wanna stay; stay if you don't then frickin leave already, di ba?tsk tsk tsk...

for me, the Euro 2008 will be Netherlands vs Germany :)

ManU cannot do anything to stop him hopping over to Real...he's gone as soon as he made his comment straight after the CL finals

Ronaldo's quoted " dont miss the oppotunity to get on the bus when it comes...coz it may never come again"...that was Scolari's advice to Ronaldo.....the incoming Chelsea manager started his job already...by eliminating ManU from possible contenders to the EPL title :upside: :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by mojo2NV
I agree that Torres is a great player, but dont get too carried away....as soon as Rafa is shipped out of Liverpool...belive you me... Torres will also be gone in a flash....

lol not in a million years will Rafa be out of the picture. hes belongs to the Ivy League of managers at the moment. ever heard of the Rafa Revolution? hes the Adam Smith of football, the best tactician yet. never would i dream of him leaving liverpool or even being kicked out.

btw, who do you support anyway?

@redshirt

san ba sakto heckle and jeckle?! gusto ko manuod tom ng spain vs italy. and kano beer or bucket. haha tnx.

mahirap sa le souffle mahal beer dun. pero pwedeng mag pier 1 muna tapos lipat nlng. haha

netherlands will win 3-1

haha

Edited by xycho_g
lol not in a million years will Rafa be out of the picture. hes belongs to the Ivy League of managers at the moment. ever heard of the Rafa Revolution? hes the Adam Smith of football, the best tactician yet. never would i dream of him leaving liverpool or even being kicked out.

btw, who do you support anyway?

Rafa the Adam Smith of football?....did he formulate the theory of constant rotation? or the theory of benching your best player eventhough he is fit for the sake of your rotation policy?

Ever heard of walking on eggshells?....that's the way he was on the 3rd quarter of last season...Liverpool supporters spared him on the last quarter because their attention was focused on the cold war between Yankee owners of Liverpool and possibility of financial meltdown for the club

Rafa will have more dosh to splash this transfer season as stated by the Yanks...but that may be the kiss of death for him....more millions down the drain...and if he does not get any silverware this coming season......Im 100% sure he is out!

Who do I support?....isnt obvious from the pics

Rafa the Adam Smith of football?....did he formulate the theory of constant rotation? or the theory of benching your best player eventhough he is fit for the sake of your rotation policy?

Ever heard of walking on eggshells?....that's the way he was on the 3rd quarter of last season...Liverpool supporters spared him on the last quarter because their attention was focused on the cold war between Yankee owners of Liverpool and possibility of financial meltdown for the club

Rafa will have more dosh to splash this transfer season as stated by the Yanks...but that may be the kiss of death for him....more millions down the drain...and if he does not get any silverware this coming season......Im 100% sure he is out!

Who do I support?....isnt obvious from the pics

yes he was the one who formulated the theory of constant rotation as he received lots of criticism yet he did not mind them. who did? Who else in this world uses the rotation policy as much as Rafa does? who does? so whats wrong with benching your best player for reasons of using him for a much more important match. doesnt everyone do that? i thought i just saw spain and holland do it in this years Euros. i quote him to be an Adam Smith because his style is way different to those of managers it is there mere difference in thinking which creates a different level or style of play in football, in which case the liverpool fans actually welcome it. Managers field their best eleven, no doubt, but sometimes fielding them in terms of their strength without analyzing the opponents weaknesses and strength is another story. it opens up another dimension of managing a football club; something that actually makes sense after playing years of football manager games.

in fact Rafa was a product of this, he was a geek playing football manager during his younger days. if uve had experience, in these games tendency is to rest players in between games and let your bench play so as to boost their motivation factor, increase happiness levels, hence alleviating the chemistry of the whole football club.

But alight of all the criticism so far, in truth it hasnt worked yet. but hopefully in the next coming years, we could see it reap its won rewards.

"FANS, TEAM w/ Coach-Manger, and UPPER MANAGEMENT"

the only problem is the 3rd factor of management, the americans dnt know s@%t about football, all they care is about winning game and inflow of profits. Now if management does not have a winning attitude, the trinity of football is broken.

all fans believe in Rafa, and it is only people who criticize him which makes us even more stronger. There is a possiblity that we may end up like Leeds or Newcastle. But if we lose faith in a colorful personality such as Rafa, all goes the same with the fans, and the divinity is broken.

so go on with your concerns about Rafa, it helps.

How about Wengers Theory on using young guns and fixed wages? altough i admired him in the course of the season with him using an array of young talent, it eventually worn out. did it work? i dont think so. I was wrong, so Adios fabregas, hleb, Flamini. you basically have half the midfield armada out in terms of quality, not to mention Adebayor. whos going to replace them now? how will Wenger reach his most prized asset hes been wishing for in years (i fail to recall how many), which in fact Rafa won in his first season as manager with liverpool. now arsenal fans are begging henry to come back. do these players (bench) have enough EPL first-team, second- tier experience in the EPL?

oh no, but wait, liverpool does. see you this coming season. cheers. :thumbsupsmiley:

"Youll Never Walk Alone"

Edited by duchessXI

I really haven't been to heckle and jeckle, I watch at NSG or at a pub near my place called Kublai's rock.

I don't get it why can someone hate on torres? He is very good. And being a United fan THIS IS SAYING A f#&king LOT!

We better get a good replacement for ronnie if we want the EPL hat trick. And I can't think of any good contenders.

------------------------------------------------

Rafa is not colorfull but he is a character never the less. You want colorfull, you've got Jose and the Croatian coatch who plays in a death metall band.

Rafa is a madman but his method is his madness, I can never understand that roataton policy of his and I sometimes think it's dumb but he won't get scked anytime soon.

I can't wait for the supercup.... EURO 08 is exciting but it won't give me a "hard on" because ENG is not there. No matter how hot Sverge fans are.

Edited by redshirt
yes he was the one who formulated the theory of constant rotation as he received lots of criticism yet he did not mind them. who did? Who else in this world uses the rotation policy as much as Rafa does? who does? so whats wrong with benching your best player for reasons of using him for a much more important match. doesnt everyone do that? i thought i just saw spain and holland do it in this years Euros. i quote him to be an Adam Smith because his style is way different to those of managers it is there mere difference in thinking which creates a different level or style of play in football, in which case the liverpool fans actually welcome it. Managers field their best eleven, no doubt, but sometimes fielding them in terms of their strength without analyzing the opponents weaknesses and strength is another story. it opens up another dimension of managing a football club; something that actually makes sense after playing years of football manager games.

in fact Rafa was a product of this, he was a geek playing football manager during his younger days. if uve had experience, in these games tendency is to rest players in between games and let your bench play so as to boost their motivation factor, increase happiness levels, hence alleviating the chemistry of the whole football club.

But alight of all the criticism so far, in truth it hasnt worked yet. but hopefully in the next coming years, we could see it reap its won rewards.

"FANS, TEAM w/ Coach-Manger, and UPPER MANAGEMENT"

the only problem is the 3rd factor of management, the americans dnt know s@%t about football, all they care is about winning game and inflow of profits. Now if management does not have a winning attitude, the trinity of football is broken.

all fans believe in Rafa, and it is only people who criticize him which makes us even more stronger. There is a possiblity that we may end up like Leeds or Newcastle. But if we lose faith in a colorful personality such as Rafa, all goes the same with the fans, and the divinity is broken.

so go on with your concerns about Rafa, it helps.

How about Wengers Theory on using young guns and fixed wages? altough i admired him in the course of the season with him using an array of young talent, it eventually worn out. did it work? i dont think so. I was wrong, so Adios fabregas, hleb, Flamini. you basically have half the midfield armada out in terms of quality, not to mention Adebayor. whos going to replace them now? how will Wenger reach his most prized asset hes been wishing for in years (i fail to recall how many), which in fact Rafa won in his first season as manager with liverpool. now arsenal fans are begging henry to come back. do these players (bench) have enough EPL first-team, second- tier experience in the EPL?

oh no, but wait, liverpool does. see you this coming season. cheers. :thumbsupsmiley:

"Youll Never Walk Alone"

As I vividly remember...Rafa abandoned his rotation policy when he got a lot of stick from his own Liverpool fans and football pundits here....benching your best player/11 in the league is totally a different kettle of fish from doing it in a tournament. Holland and Spain qualified already and can afford to lose. Liverpool at that time was chasing places for the EPL and also hoping to progress through the CL. Rafa gambled and lost.

Arsenal was written off the EPL even before it started last season....full of young players and all that jazz. But in the end became serious contenders...kids!!

Lack of quality? Fabregas, Nasri Ramsey ...Adebayor...the last time I heard Inter and Barca wants him...unfortunately for them he is not leaving ....hehehe

How many EPL title Rafa has got? can you help me out in this duchess :rolleyes:

Arsenal fans begging Henry return?....not here in England....maybe foreign Arsenal fans who just in it for the personality within the team

I've said it before....Arsenal is not dependent on star players...because we make them!...it’s in the system

o these players (bench) have enough EPL first-team, second- tier experience in the EPL? - this was the same question asked by everybody before last season started not on the bench but on the 1st team itself.....and Arsenal finished above Liverpool

As I vividly remember...Rafa abandoned his rotation policy when he got a lot of stick from his own Liverpool fans and football pundits here....benching your best player/11 in the league is totally a different kettle of fish from doing it in a tournament. Holland and Spain qualified already and can afford to lose. Liverpool at that time was chasing places for the EPL and also hoping to progress through the CL. Rafa gambled and lost.

Arsenal was written off the EPL even before it started last season....full of young players and all that jazz. But in the end became serious contenders...kids!!

Lack of quality? Fabregas, Nasri Ramsey ...Adebayor...the last time I heard Inter and Barca wants him...unfortunately for them he is not leaving ....hehehe

How many EPL title Rafa has got? can you help me out in this duchess :rolleyes:

Arsenal fans begging Henry return?....not here in England....maybe foreign Arsenal fans who just in it for the personality within the team

I've said it before....Arsenal is not dependent on star players...because we make them!...it’s in the system

o these players (bench) have enough EPL first-team, second- tier experience in the EPL? - this was the same question asked by everybody before last season started not on the bench but on the 1st team itself.....and Arsenal finished above Liverpool

yes you make them, and you feed them. :thumbsupsmiley:

and again, the inability to gain domestic success by Rafa is a highlight. yes, sad fact. but give time, any manager should deserve time to tinker with available options and adjust accordingly. Heck even Sir Alex himself almost got sacked not until after 5 years before he kickstarted to winning ways up till this day.

honestly, id say give it 2-3 more years, (similar to Houllier's tenure) and let the magic begin. B)

ibang klase this tournament.

would you believe it? all the qfinals that have been played have been upsets, and this one is the biggest yet. after watching the group stages, i thought the dutch were the strongest team and russia were the weakest to go through. and this happens. and i would have to say russia deserved it. the dutch controlled possession, but russia by far had more chances.

i wonder if spain can avoid the upset tomorrow?

re rafa: true, towards the end of the season rafa did settle on a formation and rotated less. i think he found a formula that works (torres up front with gerrard as a support forward), but moreso because the league cup was over and liverpool was out of the fa cup. so there were less games to play and he could afford to start the same eleven. i believe one of the reasons why liverpool are so good in the champions league is because in the latter stages, their players are still relatively fresh compared to teams who play the same players in all competitions.

Edited by damaso

holy mofg. Noooooooooo!!

i cant believe what im reading. 3-1 to russia?!

its going to be hard for Hiddink to step in his own turf after the tournament. expect snipers in the airport Guus.

well what do you know. Adebayor might go to Barca or AC.

acording to reports.

'Arsenal want to sell him to Barcelona, for their own motives. Barcelona tell me they already have an agreement with the player.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...820&cc=4716

whos next, bendtner? ROFL