The Football Thread

Labuyo

uhm 'di ba cassano is with real madrid na?

cannavaro was able to demand a transfer easily because juve was demoted (and probably needed money) and cassano was at odds with roma management over his contract renewal and a falling out with roma captain francesco totti..

i think cassano would soon be out of RM though, the differences between player and club has reached a point wherein a transfer would be imminent..

ho-hum... mas maganda sana kung may team ang pilipinas dito... masyado kasing focused sa basketball... can't wait for the heartbreak in tokushima...

sayang ang indonesia kagabi, well guarded si bambang
ho-hum... mas maganda sana kung may team ang pilipinas dito... masyado kasing focused sa basketball... can't wait for the heartbreak in tokushima...

insiders even say the bes players aren't in the national team :lol:

and if they even do send the best team, they'd lose 0-20 everytime :boo:

vietnam lang ang natira sa SEA hosts. malaysia is the worst team :lol:

Italian teams seem to favor defense much more than offense.....dunno why (could be because of what you said..."they've got old dudes in their team". Maybe they would not be able to sustain a 90 minute running game). Just like you bro, I do get bored watching Italian teams,lest when Gatusso is playing! He's the Jaworski of Italy!

Have you seen the USA v Italy game during the last world cup?.....Classic! parang 300 (ung movie) 90 minutes of blood and gore!

sorry it seems all a blur to me. I was running back and forth the emergency room where i had to attend patients and the operating theater where they kept the tv set. even the brazil vs france semis was blurry, except for the floating freekick by zidane that henry aced...yung lang matandaan ko.. nasa motel kasi, and im afraid football ranks 2nd priority inside the room... :hypocritesmiley: pang-commercial break lang in between well...

what happen to our own national team? i used to be active in the national team website forum pero internship made me forget all about it. i do know that we have brothers recruited from chelsea (younghusband ata). maybe in a year or two i will volunteer to work with them... my classmate used to help out with the women's squad until he moved into surgery..

as for basketball... i dont care... used to watch the pba...but after jawo...and the old ginebra, san mig vs purefoods days.. wala na. the last straw was the centennial- puro claims that the squad was the best ever. puro dakdak, wala naman palang binatbat pagcompetition na. sayang, million pa naman kinikita nila while players in other sports like tennis and even boxing languish. di tuloy madevelop ang iba kasi walang pera.... i use to go to barotac nuevo to watch soccer games, sayang...wala tayong magandang facilities to train the young kids.. even yung coke go for goal, naghihingalo na ata. basketball court? nagkalat!

Edited by buntot

btw, whos playing soccer management games here? like championship manager, fifa manager etc? ano bago? more than a year na kasi akong di nakalaro.. and as for real games, am totally out of shape.. baka tatlong balik lang sa field, wala na akong malay..kaya computer games na lang. :rolleyes:

insiders even say the bes players aren't in the national team :lol:

and if they even do send the best team, they'd lose 0-20 everytime :boo:

vietnam lang ang natira sa SEA hosts. malaysia is the worst team :lol:

sorry it seems all a blur to me. I was running back and forth the emergency room where i had to attend patients and the operating theater where they kept the tv set. even the brazil vs france semis was blurry, except for the floating freekick by zidane that henry aced...yung lang matandaan ko.. nasa motel kasi, and im afraid football ranks 2nd priority inside the room... :hypocritesmiley: pang-commercial break lang in between well...

what happen to our own national team? i used to be active in the national team website forum pero internship made me forget all about it. i do know that we have brothers recruited from chelsea (younghusband ata). maybe in a year or two i will volunteer to work with them... my classmate used to help out with the women's squad until he moved into surgery..

as for basketball... i dont care... used to watch the pba...but after jawo...and the old ginebra, san mig vs purefoods days.. wala na. the last straw was the centennial- puro claims that the squad was the best ever. puro dakdak, wala naman palang binatbat pagcompetition na. sayang, million pa naman kinikita nila while players in other sports like tennis and even boxing languish. di tuloy madevelop ang iba kasi walang pera.... i use to go to barotac nuevo to watch soccer games, sayang...wala tayong magandang facilities to train the young kids.. even yung coke go for goal, naghihingalo na ata. basketball court? nagkalat!

What we really is a pinoy that will excel in football and be known in the major leauges...just like Bata Reyes...though billiards was played all over the country, it was not a "mainstream" sport...ung mgakapatid ng Younghusband from the UK pareho na wala sa Chelsea Dev Team...pero kse nde naman pinoy and surname so nde rin masyado aangat ang pride ng Pinas if ever sumikat man sila...

It is not good to think that another sport has to demise for football to prosper in Pinas...why cant we hope to ba like Brazil?....very good football pedigree, very good in volleyball and now they are rising stars in basketball....and to think mahirap din sila..at malaki rin ang utang sa world bank....

Wait till my son plays for Arsenal and Phil NT...then probably we can dominate with football..at least in SEA muna LOL (he's only 2 at the moment and prefers his toy cars over his football and basketball)

yeah.. i was explaining too him how an italian like cannavaro and cassano (both playing for italian clubs at that tiem) was able to transfer to a spanish team.. :D

paalis na nga si cassano eh.. only a matter of time..

Italian teams seem to favor defense much more than offense.....dunno why (could be because of what you said..."they've got old dudes in their team". Maybe they would not be able to sustain a 90 minute running game). Just like you bro, I do get bored watching Italian teams,lest when Gatusso is playing! He's the Jaworski of Italy!

i think materazzi can give him a run for his money for that title.. :goatee:

^oh ok, coz last I heard RM was thinking hard if it would be for the best for them to keep him that's why I thought he's not a sure Galactico yet for next season. Raul Bravo is still with them right?

I apologize I'm a bit new in posting here but I do try to follow most headlines/news about team rosters of prominent teams...

btw, I'm a Real Madrid and Man Utd fan...

i think materazzi can give him a run for his money for that title.. :goatee:

materazzi is more of a trash talker rather than a "giver"..hence the Zidane flying headbutt LOL

^oh ok, coz last I heard RM was thinking hard if it would be for the best for them to keep him that's why I thought he's not a sure Galactico yet for next season. Raul Bravo is still with them right?

I apologize I'm a bit new in posting here but I do try to follow most headlines/news about team rosters of prominent teams...

btw, I'm a Real Madrid and Man Utd fan...

Raul Bravo was shipped to Oliampiakos for 2.3m euros

imagine pa kung kasali tayo :lol:

actually, the only way we can qualify is by hosting the event

Come to think of it...ang daming natural born pinoys kids dito ngayon sa UK...mas exposed na sila sa football at an early age...I wouldn't be surprised if 6 years down the line..we will be at par with our SEA neighbors..

Come to think of it...ang daming natural born pinoys kids dito ngayon sa UK...mas exposed na sila sa football at an early age...I wouldn't be surprised if 6 years down the line..we will be at par with our SEA neighbors..

i hope those kids would one day return to the Philippines and claim their birthright. or will they? some of them might not even consider themselves as Filipinos.

just wondering, what is a galactico? what makes one a galactico? coz all i know is theres none of the so-called galacticos left in real. the last one was roberto carlos and hes in olympiakos right now. (tama ba?)

reyes? since when did he become a galactico? i dont mean to put him down but if he is a galactico, am pretty sure that would be insulting to cannavaro- that dude is world cup winning captain, most outstanding player in that tournament plus FIFA player of that year and yet nobody considers him a galactico. reyes doesnt even own a starting eleven spot even when he was in arsenal!

is reyes in the league of zidane, ronaldo, figo and carlos? heck, i wouldnt even consider beckham as a galactico except for his "global" marketing pull.

btw, marami palang real madrid fans dito! stand up and be counted! kasi barcelona ako... good luck to the new season!

barotac nuevo is the haven of football here... almost everybody plays football and worships ronaldhino as god... to bad na walang matinong facility (kahit sana 2,000-seater man lang)...

i played... used fifa 2004, fifa 2005, and uefa champions' league 05...

katuwaan lang na pinili ko ang recreativo huelva sa fifa 2004 dahil curious ako sa promotion... ayun, binenta ko 'yung mga patapon na player at kinuha sa transfer list 'yung likes nila julio cruz, mohamed kallon, christian panucci, kevin nolan, then 'yung chelsea trio nila celestine babayaro, mario stanic, and damien duff... ayun, the team got promoted, won the league cup, and got the uefa cup spot... then since na demote ang deportivo la coruña, kinuha ko si valeron :D

sa uefa cl 05 naman, newcastle team ko... i was able to get the likes of luis figo and juninho pernambucano... ayun, medyo mahirap pero nasulot ang ac milan to get the cl crown... :P

btw, whos playing soccer management games here? like championship manager, fifa manager etc? ano bago? more than a year na kasi akong di nakalaro.. and as for real games, am totally out of shape.. baka tatlong balik lang sa field, wala na akong malay..kaya computer games na lang. :rolleyes:

brazil has a good grassroots program... and their government allocates enough budget on sports... dito kasi sa military at sa mga dud na bomba nila...

What we really is a pinoy that will excel in football and be known in the major leauges...just like Bata Reyes...though billiards was played all over the country, it was not a "mainstream" sport...ung mgakapatid ng Younghusband from the UK pareho na wala sa Chelsea Dev Team...pero kse nde naman pinoy and surname so nde rin masyado aangat ang pride ng Pinas if ever sumikat man sila...

It is not good to think that another sport has to demise for football to prosper in Pinas...why cant we hope to ba like Brazil?....very good football pedigree, very good in volleyball and now they are rising stars in basketball....and to think mahirap din sila..at malaki rin ang utang sa world bank....

Wait till my son plays for Arsenal and Phil NT...then probably we can dominate with football..at least in SEA muna LOL (he's only 2 at the moment and prefers his toy cars over his football and basketball)

pucha... h'wag na... laughing stock lang tayo...

just look at our facilities... compare it na lang sa mga stadium na ginamit sa afc this year...

imagine pa kung kasali tayo :lol:

actually, the only way we can qualify is by hosting the event

it is a fact na may mga half-pinoys who are playing in the major football leagues... kailangan lang sila i-pursue to play for the philippines...

it is a fact na may mga half-pinoys who are playing in the major football leagues... kailangan lang sila i-pursue to play for the philippines...

with the misplaced nationalism on many of us, I wonder if people will embrace a team composed of fil-brits as "team philippines"

I wonder if ESPN star will still show the knockout stages :D

with the misplaced nationalism on many of us, I wonder if people will embrace a team composed of fil-brits as "team philippines"

I wonder if ESPN star will still show the knockout stages :D

I was not referring to "half Pinoys" like the Younghusband and Greatwich brothers...definitely it would be quite difficult to feel patriotic if your NT has foreign sounding names....There are tons...and I mean tons...of full blooded pinoy school age kids here in the UK..kids na pango ang ilong....at local na local ang mga apelyido.....may maka breakthrough lang sa isa sa mga ito sa EPL o maski na sa Championship lang...im sure may football boom na tayo

just my 2 cents worth

I was not referring to "half Pinoys" like the Younghusband and Greatwich brothers...definitely it would be quite difficult to feel patriotic if your NT has foreign sounding names....There are tons...and I mean tons...of full blooded pinoy school age kids here in the UK..kids na pango ang ilong....at local na local ang mga apelyido.....may maka breakthrough lang sa isa sa mga ito sa EPL o maski na sa Championship lang...im sure may football boom na tayo

just my 2 cents worth

still, it's foreign-bred. even django who spends most of his time sa europe is not as popular as bata reyes.

argh! nagkapoblema pa ang signing ni carlos tevez sa manutd, nadelay ng 2weeks, hinde pala pinayagan ng west ham si tevez magpamedical sa old trafford last weds..i hope they can get him before the transfer window ends on aug31..

kamusta ang defense ng real madrid? sa mga galactico fans dito, sino ang back line nila ngayon? siyempre andun si canavarro :)..