The Football Thread

Labuyo

hmm, but what they lost to barcelona is a match winning player, like didier drogba or frank lampard is for chelsea, of wayner rooney or cristiano ronaldo is for manchester united..i guess they 32m to buy one or even two if their lucky..there are still rumors that arsene wenger might leave the gunnars but i think he'll stay, just to prove that he can rebuild his side after the success of arsenal years before..
I agree that Henry's departure is a big lost to my Gunners..and a big gain for Barca..One redeeming fact though is the youngsters perfromance last season manaiging to finish 4th sa EPL with Henry playing only 17 games..damn! we may miss out on CL next season!...rumours are Arsenal may get Anelka from Bolton..he plays the same game as Henry, but he will never be Henry....ok na wag bumalik si Arsenal si Reyes...that f*#@%er is a diver anywayShould I now change my videos sa sig ko?...naaahh im still a Gunner allthe way!Yari ako sa officemate kong Liverpool at ManU....I've been trying to convinve them not Henry's not leaving..he even posed for the new Arsenal away kit....
I agree that Henry's departure is a big lost to my Gunners..and a big gain for Barca..One redeeming fact though is the youngsters perfromance last season manaiging to finish 4th sa EPL with Henry playing only 17 games..damn! we may miss out on CL next season!...rumours are Arsenal may get Anelka from Bolton..he plays the same game as Henry, but he will never be Henry....ok na wag bumalik si Arsenal si Reyes...that f*#@%er is a diver anywayShould I now change my videos sa sig ko?...naaahh im still a Gunner allthe way!Yari ako sa officemate kong Liverpool at ManU....I've been trying to convinve them not Henry's not leaving..he even posed for the new Arsenal away kit....
damn ang daming typo!

*rumors going round at north London*

Arsenals slow progress in the transfer market is about to change after the £2million signing of Havard Nordveit. That will be followed up with the signings of full back Bakary Sagna for £6.75million, Ryan Babel from Ajax for £6million and David Trezeguet for £8million while young starlet Fran Merida will be sent out on loan with Carlos Vela for some vital experience.

*rumors going round at north London*

Arsenals slow progress in the transfer market is about to change after the £2million signing of Havard Nordveit. That will be followed up with the signings of full back Bakary Sagna for £6.75million, Ryan Babel from Ajax for £6million and David Trezeguet for £8million while young starlet Fran Merida will be sent out on loan with Carlos Vela for some vital experience.

Weeeee Trezeguet in the EPL!

Sven will be ManCity's new manager...so long as Thaksin's take over of ManCity's major shares

Michael now linked with an Arsenal move...tsismis reportedly galing kay new Toon Mark Viduka...

Fernando Torrez still strongly linked with Liverpool..

akala ko sa Manchester United linked si F. Torrez?

Cool viduka's part of the toon army

copa america:

mexico 2 brazil 0

in their first competitive match since the world cup - they lose. ronaldinho and kaka may not be there but still...mexico just lost to the usa! what's happening to them?

brazil is not playing right. something is very WRONG with them..

hnenry at barca... yeah, sounds good. they are poised to dominate - if they click.

akala ko sa Manchester United linked si F. Torrez?

Cool viduka's part of the toon army

Brazilian Anderson bound for ManU after securing work permit.....sino kaya ang mag give way sa midfield ng ManU?.....

Newcastle has agreed in principle to sign Edmilson from Barca...though deny to death pa rin ang Barca...possbily Gudjohnsen din off to be a Toon....Newcastle...possible new striker....im getting excited cause this means na there is still a possibility for an Owen move to the Emirates Stadium....

I think the transfer of Fernando Torres to Liverpool for 27M pounds has been confirmed. This is definitely an upgrade for the Reds. I like Kuyt's workrate and passion, but he's not a clinical finisher. Crouch is agile for a big man, but he's not what you would call a world class player by any stretch of the imagination.

wow mukhang lalakas ang toon army with viduka and edmillson's signing. Pluss big sam as the new gaffer. Expect the toons to be genius or suck as hell.

Owen as a Gooner? LOL

Big Sam got rid of the mediocre defenders they have...definitely they'll be moving up the table this season

Owen as a Gunner?...why not...what Arsenal need is a shrewed goal poacher...we have enough flair and finese to last a lifetime :)

:blink:

Sayang dati may contact ako na nag titinda ng mga class A na jerseys.. You can't tell the difference from the expensive ones they sell sa Nike.

Xycho_g magkano yung nakita mo sa GH? Do the jeseys have like Nike and Addidas logos?

Mahal mga jerseys sa greenhills, try 168 mall, landmark in makati, Metro deparment store in Market market and all shopwise stores have replica jerseys for sale. Shopwise even has training jersey cut-off but price is still on the average.

In bangkok you can get old season jersey including patches for 100 baht ( 140 pesos)

Fernando Torres is still not leaving his current club despite several advances from Liverpool, Real Madrid and Manchester United..

Obafemi Martins is still being convinced by Sam Allardyce to stay at Newcastle FC despite his interest in moving to Arsenal as Thierry Henry's replacement..

ManUtd has finished signing Owen Hargreaves and Anderson has secured a work permit to play for the Red Devils :D

its good torres decides to stay..i really admire those home grown players who stay at their club..

Liverpool are on the brink of sealing a club record £26.5m deal to sign Atletico Madrid's Fernando Torres.

BBC Sport understands a transfer has now been agreed between Liverpool and Atletico, with Diego Forlan replacing the departing Torres.

Liverpool's Luis Garcia is likely to go in the opposite direction for £4.5m, but the Torres deal will not collapse if he rejects the switch.

Boss Rafa Benitez is being linked with Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze.

Paper View: Torres' split personality

By Vicki Hodges

Last Updated: 10:40am BST 02/07/2007

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...2/ufnpap102.xml

Opinion is split among today's papers as to whether Fernando Torres is poised to become a hero or villain at Liverpool.

In the balance: Torres's move to Liverpool remains a hot topic

The Sun's 'TORRES HUNTS £31M PAY DEAL' is in vast contract to the Times' 'TORRES TO TAKE ANFIELD PAY CUT' as Rafa Benitez remains hot on the heels of his No 1 transfer target this summer.

According to the Sun, the Atletico Madrid striker is "demanding a six-year deal worth £31.2 million to join". They estimate that the 23-year-old's on/off switch to Anfield could end up costing the club just under £60m as Torres's advisors "hold out" for a £100,000-a-week deal.

Liverpool fans keen to see Torres donning their red strip next season, however, might fancy taking a peek at The Times article which shows Torres in a more favourable light.

Their take on the saga is that Torres will take a pay reduction and cut short his holiday to sign for Liverpool in a five-year deal worth £90,000 a week.

West Ham finally had some luck in the transfer market with yesterday's signing of France midfielder Julien Faubert. Now the race to keep hold of Carlos Tevez is of main concern, with Real Madrid and Manchester United continuing to breathe down their necks.

The Daily Express say that Madrid have their noses in front in the chase for the Argentinian. They believe that United don't have the £30m needed to land Tevez after already signing Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson in the close-season.

West Ham chairman Eggert Magunsson is prepared to offer Tevez £100,000 a week to stay for another season, but it remains to be seen just whether his "heart belongs in the Premiership" as his agent Kia Joorabchian expressed last week.

Sam Allardyce is flexing his muscle in the transfer market. Already closing in on the signing of Chelsea's Geremi and the new manager at St James's is stepping up his pursuit of a former Blue in Eidur Gudjohnsen.

The Daily Mail says that Newcastle will offer Barcelona £4.5m for the striker, who he knows well from their days at Bolton.

Over at rivals Middlesbrough, meanwhile, and manager Gareth Southgate's hopes of keeping hold of Yakubu Aiyegbeni don't look good.

The Mirror's SVEN'S £12M SWOOP FOR YAK' reports how Manchester City will wreck Portsmouth's ambitions of signing the Boro striker by paying £4m more than Pompey were prepared to shell out.

If Harry Redknapp fails in his bid, he could turn his attentions to Spurs' Jermain Defoe whose future is in the balance at White Hart Lane after the arrival of Darren Bent.

Robben on way to Spain

Written by: AFP

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2007/July/2/...n-way-to-spain/

MADRID (AFP) - Dutch winger Arjen Robben is to quit Premiership giants Chelsea for Real Madrid, who will shell out 20 million euros (26 million dollars) on the winger, Spanish media said Monday.

"Green light for Robben," trumpeted AS sports daily, quoting chairman Ramon Calderon as saying that "we need a director of the orchestra."

AS said at the weekend that Liga champions Real had struck an agreement in London with Robben's father and agent and were waiting only on Chelsea's acceptance.

Robben is currently in negotiations with Chelsea over a contract extension until 2012 but has not always been in favour with the club's Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho, who AS said has now reconciled himself to the transfer.

AS said Mourinho would replace Robben, 23, with France midfielder Florent Malouda, who is widely expected to quit French champions Lyon.

The newspaper also reported that Real would see off opposition from Barcelona and Inter Milan for AS Roma's Romanian defender Cristian Chivu, quoting agent Victor Becali as saying: Who wouldn't want to play for Real Madrid. Of course Chivu does."

Saying the transfer was imminent, Becali added Chivu would go to the club "which puts the most money on the table" which would see Real land their man for some 16 million euros.

Real's other major targets as they seek to rebuild in the post-David Beckham era are AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker Kaka and Arsenal's Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

The club are also building from the top down and were later in the week widely expected to confirm German Bernd Schuster, a former star midfielder with Real as well as Barcelona.

Schuster is fresh from leading modest Getafe to the Spanish Cup final and turning them into a top half of the table Liga outfit.

Mahal mga jerseys sa greenhills, try 168 mall, landmark in makati, Metro deparment store in Market market and all shopwise stores have replica jerseys for sale. Shopwise even has training jersey cut-off but price is still on the average.

In bangkok you can get old season jersey including patches for 100 baht ( 140 pesos)

pumunta ako sa 168 yung mga jersey dun walang mga nike,adidad,lotto,umbro na logo...yung team badge and sponsor lng so those are classified as class B. Yung dad ko pumunta sa bangkok may mga nike,adiads,etc logos pero wala sa kulay. (ei. Manunited away jersey blue dapat yung logo ng nike white pero red siya yun ang class a.) I bought dun sa contact ko dati, yuo can't tell the difference talaga unless u look dun sa tag sa lower left ng jersey. I concider those class A+ :P

Weeeee! Pa isa-isa ng nauubos ang mga key rent-boys ng Chelsea! Before you know it Shevy is going back to an Italian team :P

Edited by redshirt