The Football Thread

Labuyo

as the only barca fan (it seems) here...

congratulations to all you real madrid fans. it seems like it was your destiny. how many comebacks did real madrid stage in their last fixtures? its real's fighting spirit which won them the title.

sadly (at least for me), it is the same spirit that was lacking in barcelona this year. ronaldinho, for all his brilliant tricks and ball technique, still lacks the heart of a true champion. he doesn't really "take over" matches like romario, rivaldo, or ronaldo has done for barca. yes, he's won two titles, but it was really deco who was the engine of the team, and eto'o the cutting edge. ronnie was just the showman. but showmanship doesn't win titles..

you're not alone man. maybe next season. at least they can pick up something from that huge win against gimnastic...

Yes champions again after 4 agonizing years of no silverware.

Biglang naglalabasan mga Madridista ah.

Pano kaya kung di manalo for 4 years again. Nooninooninoo. :rolleyes:

The Madridista spirit has been revived indeed. They even made the news. Headline: Madridistas clash with the policia.

Sana next season RMFC vs MANU sa UCL finals :P

Edited by redshirt
as the only barca fan (it seems) here...

congratulations to all you real madrid fans. it seems like it was your destiny. how many comebacks did real madrid stage in their last fixtures? its real's fighting spirit which won them the title.

sadly (at least for me), it is the same spirit that was lacking in barcelona this year. ronaldinho, for all his brilliant tricks and ball technique, still lacks the heart of a true champion. he doesn't really "take over" matches like romario, rivaldo, or ronaldo has done for barca. yes, he's won two titles, but it was really deco who was the engine of the team, and eto'o the cutting edge. ronnie was just the showman. but showmanship doesn't win titles..

A disappointing way to end the campaign, to be sure. And to think that Barca had bought experienced players at the start of the season--Zambrotta and Thuram. I thought that la liga was theirs for sure. Credit to Madrid for winning the title.

Also, I think Messi has replaced Ronaldinho as Barca's best player

Finally, after four years, we finally get to celebrate a title at the Cibeles Fountain!!!

Like a true Real Madrid fan, I stuck it with them through thick and thin.

And we deserve to win it, after a turbulent season and a string of six come-from-behind games!!! It just shows the character of the team.

“Si se siembra la semilla con fe y se cuida con perseverancia, sólo será cuestión de tiempo recoger sus frutos”.

Se culmina el sueño: el Madrid es el gran CAMPEÓN. ¡Gracias afición, gracias equipo! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

semilla?!? may football club ba na gnun ng name? hehehe :D

dami ako fake jerseys hehehe never been one to splurge on original jerseys, ang mahal kasi&di pa working, pag working na siguro ko :)..binibili ko ng dad ko sa thailand, mura lang dun mga 160-300 lng ata per jersey, di ko sure ah..i have liverpool (red&yellow), manutd (old kits pa un, la pa ko ng AIG), ac milan, ajax, argentina..

lam ko dami ok na jerseys sa greenhills, di nga lang ko sure kung san dun, mostly bbol jerseys nakkita ko dun..

@redshirt

ung mga nakita ko sa gh...4 kinds...

first is ung Php370. pangit tela nito and i think eto din ung mga nakita ko sa landmark sa ground floor for onyl Php220. Design not bad pero ung tela medyo makati sa balat..isang stall lng nakita ko may ganitong price.

second is Php550. binababaan nila hangang Php500. halos same lng sa 370 to. cant really tell the difference. pero ung white chelsea matino ata tela kaso manipis...ill try to visit landmark again..feeling ko tlga same lng eto dun e..eto ung plging makikita mo sa mga stalls na may jerseys.

third is ung Php850. eto ung maganda tela. parang silk na masarap sa balat. they told me Php700 nlng. eto ung benq siemens na nakita ko pero white lng. i was looking for the away shirt...ung black. same stall with the 370 price.

fourth is Php950. eto ung maganda din tela and may name sa likod. tapos may nakita din ako na blue brazil shirt na walang name sa likod but same price. same stall na may 370 and 850 price.

i cant remember seeing adidas and nike logos sa jerseys.

ako naman i have a ronaldhino blue brazil jersey. real madrid(home/siemens mobile), chelsea(fly emirates and samsung mobile) and benfica(simao). puro blue na ang jerseys ko, gusto ko nmn maiba kaya i was looking for a black real madrid jersey...

Edited by xycho_g

henry to barca??

hayop yun. but i wonder how they're going to fit him in. he is a very similar striker to eto'o, one who drops back and runs into spaces. henry also likes to drift to the left - just like ronaldinho and messi. but still, quality is quality. hope it really happens!

Hahahaha. Nabawasan ng frenchman ang "Francenal" :P

Hasta Luego Henry or, should it be au revior? Now who will be the striker for ARS? Eboue?

Henry once promised a journalist from GQ that he would stay in ARS because he is a loyal guy....... NOT! I guess the chances for ARS winning the EPL or UCL this season just became slimmer.Sorry gunners :hypocritesmiley:

wow henry to barca?...

wawa arsenal...

If this pushes through, imagine the attack of Barca with Ronaldinho, Messi and Henry (not to mention Eto'o, if they don't sell him first). I have a feeling that Henry's impact at next season's La Liga will be as great, if not greater than that of Van Nistlerooj this season (and that's saying a lot).

Having said that, I think that Barca still needs to improve it's defense. Thuram is already old and even the reliable Puyol had a subpar season.

matagal nang nasa rebuilding mode ang gunners...

- it started when patrick vieira left for juventus

- dennis bergkamp retired

- robert pires went to villareal

- ashley cole got traded to chelsea for william gallas

- sol campbell was released

on the other hand, look at the young talents left - alexander hleb, tomas rosicky, cesc fabregas (just hit 20s), emmanuel adebayor (imho, the best african striker next to didier drogba), phillippe senderos, mathieu flamini, robin van persie, theo walcott

then the old reliables include gallas, fredrik ljungberg, denilson, kolo toure, gilberto silva, jens lehmann... plus jose antonio reyes will be back after his loan spell at real madrid...

and yes... €32M is a big amount of money that can be used to swoop up a number of talents... :P

hmm, but what they lost to barcelona is a match winning player, like didier drogba or frank lampard is for chelsea, of wayner rooney or cristiano ronaldo is for manchester united..i guess they 32m to buy one or even two if their lucky..there are still rumors that arsene wenger might leave the gunnars but i think he'll stay, just to prove that he can rebuild his side after the success of arsenal years before..