The Football Thread

Labuyo

Juve got what they deserved, they'll soon be back at the Serie A..

Manchester United won again against Watford, 2-1, admirable game by Watford but the attack of the red devils were superior in the end, more guns for ManU..

Sino nakapanood nung game? daming defensive blunders in Mikael Silvestre, kaya siguro excluded siya sa bagong French side..notable miss by Louis Saha in the ending minutes, dpat 3-1 scoreline, sayang nawalan ng composure sa end..Carrick played great as a holding midfielder, sana makuha din nila si Hargreaves..

3 out of 3 for ManU, a dream start for the red devils, sana tuloy-tuloy na to..

start na din ng Serie A.

Italian Super Cup: Inter Down Roma After Amazing Comeback

Inter were able to raise their second consecutive Italian Super Cup after they completed a historic comeback to defeat AS Roma 4-3 in extra time.

Things looked bleak for Roberto Mancini’s outfit as Luciano Spalletti’s Giallorossi went ahead by three goals in the first half.

Brazilian Amantino Mancini took advantage of a misunderstanding between Javier Zanetti and keeper Francesco Toldo to put Roma ahead in the 13th minute.

After taking the lead, the capital city outfit began playing magnificent football that led to midfielder Alberto Aquilani’s pair of goals in the 24th and 32nd minutes.

When things appeared over for the Nerazzurri they picked up the vital late first half goal as new signing Patrick Vieira headed home a free-kick behind Roma keeper Doni.

The early stages of the second half appeared to suggest Roma could hold onto their lead, but things changed when Hernan Crespo came on for a once again disappointing Adriano.

The Argentine immediately made an impact as he got Inter within one of the Romans through a classy header off a Stankovic cross on 65 minutes.

Inter’s second goal proved to be a psychological blow-out for the Giallorossi as they closed themselves into their own half.

Spalletti tried to improve things by replacing a tired Francesco Totti, who slowly disappeared from the match after a fantastic first half, with Egyptian striker Mido.

But the substitution did little to stop Roma from going into ruins as Patrick Vieira scored his second of the evening in the 73rd minute to even things out.

On the stroke of full-time, Vieira’s former Juve teammate Zlatan Ibrahimovic had an amazing chance to end the affair in glory but after receiving the ball from Crespo he shot wide from close range.

Despite the miss, the Swedish striker continued to be the thorn in the side of the Roma defense, and during extra-time he had the merit of picking up the dubious free-kick that allowed Luis Figo to curl in the game-winner with Doni looking.

Roma were unable to attempt to straighten things out in the remaining twenty five minutes of extra-time, partly because defender Cristian Chivu was sent off for ironically applauding referee Saccani.

The emotional triumph allows Inter to start the season in which ‘they must win the Scudetto’ on the right foot, however they must improve on the errors that allowed Roma to break ahead with a three-goal lead if they want to realistically stand a chance to ‘win it all’.

On their part, Roma need to gain a mental maturity that clearly lacked after their early heroics, if they want to contend the Scudetto with Inter and try to do well in the Champions League.

I think when ManU becomes healthy, pwede tlga sila magchampion, Carrick I think by the way he plays is a quality signing, pero namahalan ko msyado sa presyo nya, they should get Hargreaves..or strengthen their midfield with wingers & a holding midfielder or buy another defender..

right now their dfenders are ferdinand, vidic, neville, richardson, evra, brown, silvester, o'shea & heinze..ferdinand, vidic, neville & heinze are injured right now, they need to buy quality defenders..

there are rumors circulating that ManU is signing Trezeguet because he has not played in the past 2 games for Juventus, but I hardly believe this rumor because Sir Alex is not into buying older players, he prioritizes youth over skill..

Manchester United won again against Watford, 2-1, admirable game by Watford but the attack of the red devils were superior in the end, more guns for ManU..

Sino nakapanood nung game? daming defensive blunders in Mikael Silvestre, kaya siguro excluded siya sa bagong French side..notable miss by Louis Saha in the ending minutes, dpat 3-1 scoreline, sayang nawalan ng composure sa end..Carrick played great as a holding midfielder, sana makuha din nila si Hargreaves..

3 out of 3 for ManU, a dream start for the red devils, sana tuloy-tuloy na to..

saw the game mate. i realy dont believe that Brown and Silvestre are deserving to be in the starting line ups due to their inconsistent performances which more often than not ends badly. I mean their brillian for like a minute and then theyre making a lot of blunders through out the game which causes them to loose their clean sheet or sometimes even settle for a draw or worst a loss!!! :evil:

that won't be anytime soon bro. with the 17 point deduction at the start of the season, they would stay at least 2 years in serie b. consider this, even if they win their first 6 games they would still be lingering at the bottom of the table with 1 point and they would be behind by at most 18 points. that would be too difficult to make up for. coupled with the loss of world class players, it is highly unlikely they will achieve promotion this year. not unless they go unbeaten the whole season.

the original 30 point deduction would have kept them in serie b at least 3 years, good thing they were able to appeal it. the longer you stay in the lower leagues, the lesser income. lesser income would force club owners to sell players. if you lose quality players, the longer you stay in the lower leagues.

sana nga talaga makaganti ang ManUnited sa Benfica..

Nemaja Vidic is almost fit after suffering a broken wrist & with Rio Ferdinand only having a bruised toe, I think their defensive partnership will be revived again..

for me the best defensive line-up ManUnited can have right now is:

Carrick -holding midfielder

Heinze- left back Ferdinand & Vidic Neville -right back

if all these guys are healthy this defense can hold-up to any offense, i think Silvestre & Brown are better as subs rather than starters, too many mistakes for them to start for me..

offense is great right now..i hate to admit it but Darren Fletcher has matured (but his built is still lacking to compete with big midfielders like Gattuso, Viera, Ballack, etc.) & with Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ji-Sung Park & Louis Saha playing great, i hope ManUnited can hold it up all season for them to win the EPL again..

sawa na siguro kayo sa kin kakakwento sa ManUnited..bring up kayo ng ibang topic sa soccer..pagusapan natin..

grabe pala situation ng Juve, baon tlga, dinurog ng Italian FA, well they deserve it, they shouldn't have cheated, sana makabawi pa sila, Juve was such a great team..tsk tsk tsk..

I can't believe that Chelsea right now is having problems winning, I was really surprised to find them having a bad start, I mean with players like Sheva, Ballack, Lampard, & Terry they should be ruling the EPL right now..

Who saw the 4-0 thrashing of Middlesborough by Portsmouth, how disappointing for Boro after beating Chelsea, 2-1, in their previous game, they lost to Portsmouth by such a huge margin, kudos to Kanu for scoring 2 goals, the former Arsenal striker still has venom in his game..

Boro want to loan out Jonathan Woodgate from Real Madrid..

Thomas Gravesen, the Polish international, also from Real Madrid is set to move to Celtic..

Owen Hargreaves' agent has ended any chances of ManUnited getting the England international, he said the only chance Hargreaves is going to United will be on the next transfer window this January..

B. Munich has just signed Mark Van Bommel from Barcelona, the Dutch international was signed for 6million dollars (or pounds, i'm not sure) (yun ang sulit na signing, i like the way van bommel plays..)

Chelsea's problems are just the same as Real Madrid's. They are bringing in too many players each season. Team chemistry is just not there.

Although Chelsea has had league success the past two years than my Whites. :(

I wasn't suprised Real sold Gravesen (danish international po :)), this was simply because of the arrival of Emerson and Diarra. :thumbsupsmiley: Woodgate might be sold too in the future, specially if Sergio Ramos shows the skills and potential that he has.

ashley cole & william gallas switch shirts for Arsenal & Chelsea respectively..

jose antonio reyes & julio baptista switch shirts for Arsenal & Real Madrid respectively..

the real surprise for me was Carlos Tevez & Javier Mascherano going to West Ham, what a good signing for the Hammers, that'll strengthen their improving squad..i thought ManUnited was close to signing them, damn i hope we don't regret signing these 2 guys, i think they're great players & Sir Alex should've signed them, tsk tsk tsk..

it sucks that we weren't able to sign Owen Hargreaves or any other midfielder, we just got Carrick, who is of quality, but we lack support in the holding midfielder role..

Hammers reveal takeover interest

West Ham have had "exploratory discussions" about a possible takeover of the club but insist talks are at an early stage.

Kia Joorabchian's company, Media Sport Investment, have been linked with a takeover of the Hammers.

Joorabchian made an investment in Corinthians in December 2004, with Argentinian duo Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano leaving the Sao Paulo side and arriving at Upton Park from the Brazilian club on deadline day.

A statement to the Stock Exchange from West Ham read: "The board confirms that it has had exploratory discussions in relation to a possible bid but these discussions are at a very early stage and there can be no certainty that an offer for West Ham will be forthcoming.

"The board also confirms that there is no contractual link between the signing of the players (Tevez and Mascherano) and the bid discussions."

the "signing" of the two argentinian players are just a piece of the puzzle that is set to unfold at upton park.

hopefully,the new players will flourish and bring their game to the east london squad. so far, correct me if i'm wrong, wala pang argentinian player who really made an impact in the english league.

i haven't the faintest idea on how west ham united was able to beat all the big clubs in signing teves and mascherano. these are two highly rated young stars who were attracting interest from everywhere. but congrats to west ham! hopefully, we see a more competitive league now. aside from west ham, we have bolton signing nicolas anelka and then shabani nonda going to blackburn rovers. let's hope these three teams would shake up the usual suspects (chelsea, man utd, liverpool and arsenal) in the premiership.

on another note, kudos to the wily arsene wenger. he was beset by the problem of 2 want-away first teamers, ashley cole and jose antonio reyes. but with the deals that he forged, he got julio baptista and william gallas in return. baptista, nicknamed "the beast", will provide that steel arsenal lost when they sold patrick viera. baptista didnt have a very productive year with real madrid, but i am a big fan of his. i see him as an edgar davids in his prime who scores goals. i predict a very successful year for him. gallas will provide the guile and leadership to arsenal's promising but inexperienced backline. with these transfer moves, arsenal is right back in the title race.

the "signing" of the two argentinian players are just a piece of the puzzle that is set to unfold at upton park.

hopefully,the new players will flourish and bring their game to the east london squad. so far, correct me if i'm wrong, wala pang argentinian player who really made an impact in the english league.

the only player in recent times that comes to mind is manchester united's gabriel heinze. he was arguably manchester united's best player 2 seasons ago, before he was hit with injury last year.

even brazilians have not really impacted the premiership. i can only come up with arsenal's gilberto silva, who doesn't even play like a brazilian. maybe its because of the pace of the english league. south americans are used to a slower but more technical game. well, we'll see if this new batch of south americans can handle the premiership.

the only player in recent times that comes to mind is manchester united's gabriel heinze. he was arguably manchester united's best player 2 seasons ago, before he was hit with injury last year.

even brazilians have not really impacted the premiership. i can only come up with arsenal's gilberto silva, who doesn't even play like a brazilian. maybe its because of the pace of the english league. south americans are used to a slower but more technical game. well, we'll see if this new batch of south americans can handle the premiership.

Hmm... I find the EPL much slower/technical than the South Americans. But yeah I kinda agree with you na din.

I remembered this commercial about the diffenrent countries and their style of play...

tama, gabi heinze made a huge impact for ManUnited..

hernan crespo for chelsea also played good for the blues..

any other good argentinian players in the epl you can think of?

i hope mascherano & tevez help west ham to improve, as far as the deal is concerned, its only a loan, i think those two are looking to increase their price in a year so that bigger clubs will buy them after a year's time..

I agree with the others saying its Henzie and Crespo. aside from them who else?

Edited by redshirt
i haven't the faintest idea on how west ham united was able to beat all the big clubs in signing teves and mascherano. these are two highly rated young stars who were attracting interest from everywhere. but congrats to west ham! hopefully, we see a more competitive league now. aside from west ham, we have bolton signing nicolas anelka and then shabani nonda going to blackburn rovers. let's hope these three teams would shake up the usual suspects (chelsea, man utd, liverpool and arsenal) in the premiership.

on another note, kudos to the wily arsene wenger. he was beset by the problem of 2 want-away first teamers, ashley cole and jose antonio reyes. but with the deals that he forged, he got julio baptista and william gallas in return. baptista, nicknamed "the beast", will provide that steel arsenal lost when they sold patrick viera. baptista didnt have a very productive year with real madrid, but i am a big fan of his. i see him as an edgar davids in his prime who scores goals. i predict a very successful year for him. gallas will provide the guile and leadership to arsenal's promising but inexperienced backline. with these transfer moves, arsenal is right back in the title race.

The reason why West Ham were able to sign them on loan is because of the investment group MSI, they have joint corp with West Ham & Corinthians...however MSI seems to be pulling the plug from investing with Corinthians, and both players could stay with West Ham long term...esp with a rumor takeover from a billionare