The Football Thread

Labuyo

Now that is a rarity! Dont know any hammers were around. Guess I'm the best to answer that de jong tackle. I am really dissapointed, it really looked like a malicious and intentional foul on ben arfa. HBA has been a key player on midfield for us and it really looked like d citizen was after him. Too bad, he's on loan to us and has been showing great potential. I think that the refs were bought. Thats it!

There should be consistency in ref calls during games. Sometimes refs give yellows and reds easily, sometimes they don't. The de jong tackle should have been red carded. I'm a fan of free flowing offensive football but I always appreciate a well timed and successful tackle and good defensive stops. Dangerous tackles have no place in the beautiful game.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys!

Proud moment para sa Pilipinas!

Our Azkals tied Singapore and beat Vietnam in the AFP Suzuki Cup. To some, it might seem a small feat, but Singapore is a power house in South East Asia and Vietnam is the defending champion... It's the first time that the Phils reached the Semis..

Galing ng mga bata natin! Let's spread the word and continue supporting our Team!

yeah, i watched the myannmar game but it was goalless, nonetheless it was an entertaing match, watching your kababayans create half chances instead of just watching europeans. Hopefully, madevelop talaga ang football sa pinas. Pinoys have to start looking into these sports instead of basketball where our height isnt that much of a factor.

GO pinoys! GO azkals!

by the way, just going back to the EPL... just as Newcastle were pacing along the EPL, quite impressively for a team just promoted from the Championship, Mike Ashley and his cohorts do a brilliant job and eff things up again. If anybody wants a model on how to eff up a club and do it all over again, take a look at Newcastle. Sheesh!

sad thing lang the azkals won't be able to play a home game.. nakakabwisit talaga mga gov't officials.. mga officials ng PFF.. sobrang corrupt.. kelangan pa makakita ng todo effort from our players, trainers and coaches to even realize we have potential from the sport.. at bigyang pansin ang nakakalungkot na situation we are in.. we were one of the best dati kahit sa basketball.. pero kulang sa support.. or actually meron naman atang suporta.. kinukurakot lang ng iba.. mga hayup na officials yan..

pero i'm really proud of our team kahit na most of them are half pinoys.. the good thing is their heart is pinoy.. they are facing a big challenge playing against indonesia.. the number 1 team of the tournament.. pero kahit anong mangyari i'm really proud of their performance this year..

we just dont have the facility to host a tournament of this magnitude (ASEAN LANG YAN) LETS FACE IT WE REALLY LOVE BASKETBALL, even las salle discarded their soccer field to build a building.... law of economics.... why maintain a football field werein only a handful of people will be using it.... UST discarded one of its football field to build a new gym////.... pansinin m s mga remote municipalities around the country mas marami pang cockpit kesa s stadium or even covered court.... if soccer was profitable here then we will see stadium rising from every corner of the country..... corrution? well given n yan.....

sayang talaga kanina. I was hoping we could draw at the least. Pero at the direction we are going, i think we can take a lot of positives from this. Sana pagkatapos ng cup, yung mga officials dapat suportahan na ang filipino futbol. Meron ba tayo as simpleng mamayan magagawa para suportahan ang mga azkals?