• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Football Thread

Labuyo

the addition of mascherano to my fave barca is an intriguing prospect.

some claim that it will make barca invincible. maybe. but looking at its line-up barca does not have adequate cover in defence with milito serving as back-up up to spanish internationals pique and puyol.

what do you think? will mourinho wrestle the crown from guardiola this time just like last time in champions league.

i hate to think about it by madrid has far more adequate players in cases of injury despite barca having a more established team and bolstered by spectacular additions of villa and mascherano.

Edited by buntot

argh, mascherano.. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

yah, re your point on mourinho battling with guardiola. 2 best teams as usual, at least for the past 5 years. the difference is now how will mourinho quickly adapt to the spanish game, and fixture list, and at the notably at the same time the egoism of the galacticos of real madrid. its a whole new challenge altogether for jose. guardiola has the upperhand here, esp as you mentioned with mascherano filling the hole, hes the best at the moment. though im not a barca fan, i expect to see barca win more silverware, on all fronts.

being a liverpool fan, with the quality of signings hodgson has brought, plus the winning attitude of tottenham and the money of man city, i expect them to finish 6th, sad to say. only a miracle can make them come back to the usual top 4. nevertheless, theyl never walk alone..

the addition of mascherano to my fave barca is an intriguing prospect.

some claim that it will make barca invincible. maybe. but looking at its line-up barca does not have adequate cover in defence with milito serving as back-up up to spanish internationals pique and puyol.

what do you think? will mourinho wrestle the crown from guardiola this time just like last time in champions league.

i hate to think about it by madrid has far more adequate players in cases of injury despite barca having a more established team and bolstered by spectacular additions of villa and mascherano.

• 2 weeks later...

liverpool is indeed struggling right now.. most probably because of the ownership problem as they cant sign expensive players because of their debt. on the other hand, man city ain't doing so good either..

but... what the hell is wrong with Man Utd???? they keep on drawing games they should have won! seems like evra still has a wc hangover

argh, mascherano.. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

yah, re your point on mourinho battling with guardiola. 2 best teams as usual, at least for the past 5 years. the difference is now how will mourinho quickly adapt to the spanish game, and fixture list, and at the notably at the same time the egoism of the galacticos of real madrid. its a whole new challenge altogether for jose. guardiola has the upperhand here, esp as you mentioned with mascherano filling the hole, hes the best at the moment. though im not a barca fan, i expect to see barca win more silverware, on all fronts.

being a liverpool fan, with the quality of signings hodgson has brought, plus the winning attitude of tottenham and the money of man city, i expect them to finish 6th, sad to say. only a miracle can make them come back to the usual top 4. nevertheless, theyl never walk alone..

Indeed they Will Never Walk Alone. As you say Duchess, dont think they can get back to the top 4 this season. With Captain Marvel reaching his 30s I wonder who can Pull the Team up now. Well, lets hope they Win MU this Sunday. That will give us Liverpool Fans some consolation!

oh yes. Real Madrid opens their Champions League Campaign with a 2-0 win over Ajax. :) I hope Mourinho steers them to their 10th European Cup Trophy this year! Hala Madrid!!!

saw this match. real madrid was playing an exhibition the whole 90 mins. i loved how mourihno was able to fit in the team quickly and gel all his superstars together fast. i wouldnt be surprised if this version of the galacticos won some silverware this era around.

saw this match. real madrid was playing an exhibition the whole 90 mins. i loved how mourihno was able to fit in the team quickly and gel all his superstars together fast. i wouldnt be surprised if this version of the galacticos won some silverware this era around.

well i do hope they bag some silverware this season. And I do hope they would bring home their 10th European Cup Trophy! :) By the way, what team do you support?

If you're interested, we play futsal every Saturday at Club 650 in Libis. I'm not playing this Saturday though. You might wanna drop by on the 2nd of October, 6 PM. Are you part of a club or a team? And if ever, what team?

How much ang laro dito? Tsaka, until what time naman? Tagal na akong hindi nakakapaglaro e. Kaya lang, wala akong team. I just wanted to play. Puwede ba yun?