The Football Thread

Labuyo

If Memory Serves me correctly, Man U was in Liverpool position 3-4 seasons back. They were in the Middle of the EPL table and 10-13 points behind then League Leaders Liverpool. But at the end of the season, a late rally and winning streak after the Xmas break saw them overtake Liverpool and won the League as runaway leaders. Maybe This Year, it will be the same for Liverpool? :D

If Memory Serves me correctly, Man U was in Liverpool position 3-4 seasons back. They were in the Middle of the EPL table and 10-13 points behind then League Leaders Liverpool. But at the end of the season, a late rally and winning streak after the Xmas break saw them overtake Liverpool and won the League as runaway leaders. Maybe This Year, it will be the same for Liverpool? :D

are you kidding me? 3 seasons ago united were in pole position the whole way. 4 seasons ago chelsea ran away with the title. liverpool was in first until the christmas break last season but united doesn't really turn it up until then.

are you kidding me? 3 seasons ago united were in pole position the whole way. 4 seasons ago chelsea ran away with the title. liverpool was in first until the christmas break last season but united doesn't really turn it up until then.

Ha ha ha.. then is was longer then i thought it was, when the season Man U was in a rot but pick themselves up to win the league.. anyway, season is still early, anything can happen

damaso, do you watch at any pubs in vegas? whenever i'm out there i usually go to crown and anchor.

i've been to crown & anchor a few times (i love their curry) and it has a great atmosphere but then the games are shown early in the morning, like 7am, so usually i get lazy and just watch at home.

i've been to crown & anchor a few times (i love their curry) and it has a great atmosphere but then the games are shown early in the morning, like 7am, so usually i get lazy and just watch at home.

haha. especially if it's a big match i don't mind going to the pub even if the game is at 5am which they sometimes are. i just love going for a big match and there's an atmosphere of hate.

there's no doubt that manutd were outmatched by liverpool in this game but the EPL season is not a sprint, marathon yan, maaga pa to say who will come out as champions..i will say this like i've said before, the red devil midfield were stifled, no supply for the wings & forwards, berbatov also wasn't helping with the careless passing..let us learn from this loss and get better :)

... though am a Chelsea fan, i still find the epl very unpredictable ... still along way to go ... so far as i could remember, fc barca in la liga last season and bayern munchen 2 years ago i think, that has taken the lead long and then won it all at the end ... usually sa epl up to the last moment pa ang suspense ... hehe ...

parang may swine flu either sila or kalaban nila, which led to the match being canceled, which led to riots :lol:

seriously ?? wow ... tagal na atang walang riot ah hehe ... at least di na uli sa italy ...

musta mga world cup qualifiers natin? miss ko na EPL games hehehe

Egypt vs. Algeria should be exciting considering all the HATE involved. I also like the France v. Ireland situation. Although Ireland are down 1-0, I'm still looking for an upset. But France should pull it off. It's bittersweet as only one of my United brothers will be able to make it to the World Cup from that bunch (Evra or O'Shea). I wonder how their relationship in the locker room will be after that. Although Portugal are comfortably in the lead, it would be interesting to see how the World Cup would be without Ronaldo. He is my favorite player, but it pains me to see him wearing all-white at the Bernabeu. I guess the last time I saw him in United colors he was wearing all-white as well. But I wish it were the days where he was wearing the red of United.

arsenal lost to sunderland 1-0 and united won over everton 3-0..

also liverpool drew with city 2-2.. so united goes to 2nd! sayang chelsea won too, hehe (pasensya na sa mga chelsea fans)

haha screw liverpool. they have yet to win in how many league matches? city too i hate them. Merseyside derby next week i hope liverpool loses to the toffees. anyway, i think it'll be a 3 horse race until january, then 2, with chelsea and united fighting for the title until may.

disaster for liverpool in the champions league, eventhough they won against debrecen, 1-0, they are out of the CL and in the Europa league because Fiorentina won 1-0 over Lyon, tsk tsk tsk, liverpool will get to focus on the EPL or the FA cup or pwde din nila itry ipanalo ang Europa league but i think 1 thing is for sure: rafa benitez will be gone by the end of the season..

barcelona dominate inter milan in their game despite not having messi, comfortably winning 2-0..

Only 3 english sides are going to the last 16: manutd, chelsea and arsenal..