The Football Thread

Labuyo

galing ng midfield ng wigan, magaling yun hendry thomas, essien & ballack were outclassed, kakagulat, was totally expecting the blues to beat wigan..the red devils are on top of the league again! giggs was amazing against stoke, glad to see berba scoring, i hope tuloy na tuloy na..nani is really having a hard time, pinipilit nya kasi laro nya, he doesn't wait for the game to come to him, manutd were a better team when he was subbed by giggs :)

galing ng midfield ng wigan, magaling yun hendry thomas, essien & ballack were outclassed, kakagulat, was totally expecting the blues to beat wigan..the red devils are on top of the league again! giggs was amazing against stoke, glad to see berba scoring, i hope tuloy na tuloy na..nani is really having a hard time, pinipilit nya kasi laro nya, he doesn't wait for the game to come to him, manutd were a better team when he was subbed by giggs :)

Didn't watch the match as I partied too hard the night before and didn't wanna wake up to see it. Excellent contribution by Giggs though as I just replayed the goals from the recorded match. Man is class and picks his spots really well. Love to see Berbatov tap it in easily. If Nani doesn't mature this season, I think we should put in a strong bid for David Silva at least next summer. Can't wait to see the match against Wolfsburg this Wednesday either.

Chelsea look strong this season with that diamond. Drogba being out should scare them as they have no other solid strikers aside from Anelka. It will be them and United for the league but after January they could drop significant matches due to Africa Cup of Nations.

CR9 I dont want to face them in CL. However it is true their defence is shaky. I don't feel Pepe is world class and Sergio Ramos tends to drift all over the place.

you hit it right on the head ! even now chelsea seems to look shaky already ... problem with lampard or something ... or problem with the system or the whole thing itself <_<

real madrid is showing great attack but still has soft underside ...

THE RED FLAG ! MANCHESTER UNITED ! United's flag is deepest red: it shrouded all our munich dead;before their limbs grew stiff and cold; their heart's blood dyed its ev'ry fold; then raise united's banner high; beneath its shade we'll live and die;so keep the faith and never fear; we'll keep the red flag flying here. "then raise united's banner high; beneath it's shade we'll live and die; so keep the faith and never fear; we'll keep the red flag flying here.WE'LL NEVER DIE WE'LL NEVER DIE WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE WE'LL KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH; CAUSE MAN.UNITED WILL NEVER DIE....... MANCHESTER UNITED FC, WILL NEVER DIE..........

MANCHESTER UNITED FC. WILL NEVER DIE!

basta ako Manchester united forever... kahit manalo o matalo... i'll stay true mancunian..

dumadami ang manutd fans dito ah :)

lampard is not fully utilised with the diamond formation, he's more of a floating offensive midfielder, sa diamond formation kasi parang nagiging taga transition siya ng bola for the 2 strikers, not like his old position where he's free to roam around the pitch..

grabe talo ac milan sa fc zurich sa champions league..kakatuwa CL ngayon dami na upsets..delikado pa ang juventus, 2 draws na sila, but i think they have what it takes to escape the group stages..

happy to see that our midfield are scoring: carrick, fletcher and giggs are all contributing, parang di nawala si ronaldo, pati ang mga strikers are pitching in..too bad owen got injured in the wolfsburg match, i hope sir alex gives chances for the youngsters to get in some minutes, gusto ko na magdevelop si macheda, i think he can be a potent option for the red devils..

cristiano is having a blast at madrid, matindi ang competition nila ni messi on who really is the greatest player in the planet..

lampard is not fully utilised with the diamond formation, he's more of a floating offensive midfielder, sa diamond formation kasi parang nagiging taga transition siya ng bola for the 2 strikers, not like his old position where he's free to roam around the pitch..

grabe talo ac milan sa fc zurich sa champions league..kakatuwa CL ngayon dami na upsets..delikado pa ang juventus, 2 draws na sila, but i think they have what it takes to escape the group stages..

happy to see that our midfield are scoring: carrick, fletcher and giggs are all contributing, parang di nawala si ronaldo, pati ang mga strikers are pitching in..too bad owen got injured in the wolfsburg match, i hope sir alex gives chances for the youngsters to get in some minutes, gusto ko na magdevelop si macheda, i think he can be a potent option for the red devils..

cristiano is having a blast at madrid, matindi ang competition nila ni messi on who really is the greatest player in the planet..

i really love fletcher's contribution to united this season. i even felt it late last year that fletcher would be great going into this season. we really missed him in last year's champions league final.

AMAZING!!! VIDIC CAPTAINING THE SIDE AGAINST SUNDERLAND THIS AFTERNOON!!! I was so elated to see Vidic score the winning goal in added time last season thus bringing pandemonium in the Stretford End. One of many moments that helped United retain the title for the 3rd time. 4 in a row baby!

GOD! At least they fought for a draw. That's what champions do. Credit to United legend Steve Bruce, however. Looks like he's put together a quality side that can contend for a European spot this season. I can only hope that Chelski-Filthy Scousers draw tomorrow as well.

disappointing performance by the red devils against sunderland, glad to get a point from that game..foster had a bad game again, don't know till when sir alex will trust him with manutd's goal..

Van Der Sar will be back soon. I can't wait!! I even think Kusczak is better than Foster. Foster pisses me off every single match, even when the ball is being passed back to him. I just get a nervous feeling when that happens.

kay Kaka pa rin ako ... na underrate lang coz he has to do passing chores too ... moral of the story? don't be too nice ...hekhekhek

real madrid has lost their 1st game this season, 2-1 against sevilla, they need to be more consistent if they want to match up with barsa in la liga..i think C-RON got injured..

still pissed off with the sunderland draw but am happy with van der sar playing again in the reserves tonight for the red devils, we really need the big dutchman back asap..more consistency and confidence for foster and kuschack before they can be able to be manutd's #1 keeper..

monster game by chelsea against liverpool..drogba was diving everywhere but had the brilliance to assist the 2 goals of anelka and kalou..nice diamond by lampard, ballack, deco and essien..benitez must be worried,losing already 3 matches in the epl and losing a game midweek against fiorentina in the CL..

nice game by fabregas against blackburn, deserved to be the man of the watch, arsenal demolished rovers, 6-2..

sarap talaga manuod ng football :)

i'm so glad i was wrong. i wanted david villa, instead of ibrahimovic, to be the striker to replace eto'o for barcelona. villa was a striker in the eto'o mold, only a better finisher. i questioned ibra's work ethic, and thought that his style of play would not fit the system.

how wrong i was. i guess with barca - there can't be too much "cooks in the kitchen". another creative playmaker? sure, why not! i've watched practically all of barca's matches (thanks to goltv!) and they are even more beautiful to watch than last season. ibra's audacious flicks and tricks are insane. plus, with his size, barca now has a presence in the box to worry physical teams like chelsea. watch the match against malaga and you will see football that's out of this world. its champagne football at its very best.

the big concern is the size of the squad. with the team challenging in so many competitions, there are bound to be injuries. also our two enforcers, yaya toure and seydou keita, will be gone for a month when they compete in the african nation's cup. guardiola is relying on the youth players but these players are green and inexperienced.

there is talk of bringing in robinho in the january transfer window. robinho would be perfect for barca. thierry henry is in the last stage of his career (and is now often injured) and pedro, who has shown flashes of brilliance, needs to be slowly integrated into the first team. so a left sided forward is needed and who better than robinho!

here's to an even better season than last year! (6 trophies maybe?)

i'm so glad i was wrong. i wanted david villa, instead of ibrahimovic, to be the striker to replace eto'o for barcelona. villa was a striker in the eto'o mold, only a better finisher. i questioned ibra's work ethic, and thought that his style of play would not fit the system.

how wrong i was. i guess with barca - there can't be too much "cooks in the kitchen". another creative playmaker? sure, why not! i've watched practically all of barca's matches (thanks to goltv!) and they are even more beautiful to watch than last season. ibra's audacious flicks and tricks are insane. plus, with his size, barca now has a presence in the box to worry physical teams like chelsea. watch the match against malaga and you will see football that's out of this world. its champagne football at its very best.

the big concern is the size of the squad. with the team challenging in so many competitions, there are bound to be injuries. also our two enforcers, yaya toure and seydou keita, will be gone for a month when they compete in the african nation's cup. guardiola is relying on the youth players but these players are green and inexperienced.

there is talk of bringing in robinho in the january transfer window. robinho would be perfect for barca. thierry henry is in the last stage of his career (and is now often injured) and pedro, who has shown flashes of brilliance, needs to be slowly integrated into the first team. so a left sided forward is needed and who better than robinho!

here's to an even better season than last year! (6 trophies maybe?)

with robinho in there, they would surely be much much harder to beat ... but even without getting him, bojan may be used also on the left ... ibra is a good fit as it gives them size up front ... considering how good messi is, he still lacks height and with it heading abilities ...

Oi! Anyone who wants to play a good game of futsal (thats 5-aside indoor futbol) can do so at club650 libis qc, right beside shopwise. Mondays 830PM til midnight. That's 150 per head. 6370650 is there number in case you wanna ask questions. See u there.

Anyone in particular we should look for? You guys have a group playing na?

van der sar is back against bolton too bad rooney is out due to a hamstring problem..i hope we win against bolton tonight..at sana ipalabas talaga ng espn ang game :)

I'm watching on Setanta right now. If you are in the Philippines and they don't televise it, maybe you can watch it by downloading the program on p2p.eu.