The Football Thread

Labuyo

eto pa isa:

Valencia reject Chelsea bid for Villa - Reports

Valencia have turned down a reported offer from Chelsea for David Villa, with the Spain international seemingly set to join Real Madrid instead.

Chelsea's Spanish scout, Juan Cruz Sol, met with Los Che president Manuel Llorente on Thursday in the club's headquarters to discuss the future of the 27-year-old striker.

Cruz Sol spoke to the Spanish media after the meeting, with Valencian newspaper Levante quoting him as saying: ''Chelsea made an important offer for him (Villa). But the answer (from Valencia) was 'no' because negotiations with Real Madrid are very advanced.

''Hence, there's no possibility that Villa will go to Chelsea because he wants to go to Real Madrid. The purpose of the meeting was to have have some contact and know with certainty what Villa's situation is.

''Now we have clear ideas and we know that to expect.''

Valencia president Manuel Llorente revealed an offer for Villa had been received but refused to confirm whether it was from Chelsea.

A Chelsea spokesman later said no formal bid was made after exploratory discussions with the financially-stricken La Liga outfit.

He told regional newspaper Las Provincias: ''Yes, we have an offer for Villa but not from Spain.''

Speculation has been rife Valencia could be forced to sell prize assets Villa and David Silva to ease their financial worries.

On Tuesday, returning Real Madrid president Florentino Perez admitted he has enquired about Villa, with €37m the mooted fee.

Madrid splashed out £59m on Kaka on Monday and then had a world record £80m bid accepted by Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo on Thursday.

And it seems their summer spending, as new president Florentino Perez looks to re-establish his galacticos policy, may not end there.

On whether he had spoken to Perez regarding Villa, Llorente added: ''We had another conversation on Tuesday and we have started talking about the matter.''

manutd has accepted the 94million euro (80 million pounds; 120 million dollars) unconditional bid by real madrid for cristiano ronaldo. ibig sabihin pending the result of medical and by end of june 30, cristiano will be a galactico..time for manutd to rebuild, 80million euros is a lot of money to get in new players to strengthen the red devils, excited na ko sa mga magiging signings ni sir alex :)..i hope we can still win trophies next season after acquiring new players, siyempre my transition period yan & i hope the team can cope and win some silverware :)..

lakas ng real madrid next season, kaka & cristiano ronaldo are quality players pero questionable pa din ang defense ng real madrid, kelangan din nila palakasin yun habang off season pa..

not really worried about the signing of kaka and c ronaldo - i believe barca still has the most balanced midfield in the world, as long as they don't lose yaya toure.

i dont think barca needs to sign any superstars. i think its a mistake to swap out eto'o for ibrahimovic. ibra is better suited with a strike partner, rather than the spearhead of a 4-3-3 - a role in which eto'o excels.

what we need is to shore up our defense. for all that pique has done last season, i still find him lumbering and slow. he's a great squad player, but he's no puyol. gabi milito's injury has no sign of improving, and marquez is short on height. we also need to find a decent left back, in case abidal gets injured or loses form.

barca only needs to get good, reliable squad players - to replace the possible exits of gudjohnsen, hleb and bojan (i'm thinking they're going to loan out bojan next season to gain more first team experience).

real madrid might be making all the splashes in the transfer market, but superstars don't make a team. its about the role players and the chemistry of a team - which barca has in abundance.

barcelona is a great team but i'm sure real madrid will challenge next season with the players they will acquire, the advantage barsa has over real is that the galacticos will have to adjust playing with each other for the 1st time this coming season..the barsa team even without eto'o can win trophies but they will need the other barsa players to chip in goals (aside from messi and henry) to manage losing the cameronian goal machine or better yet sign someone to contribute the 20+ goals they will lose if eto'o leaves the nou camp..

manutd are targeting to sign bayern munich's frank ribery (65million pounds), lyon's karim benzema (25million pounds) and wigan's antonio valencia (16million pounds)..yaya toure has also been rumored as one of the possible signings of sir alex..sir alex will be given a 100million pound transfer fund for this off season as well as his 20million pound annual transfer fund, that's more than enough to sign these 3 players, these 3 players total to 106 million pounds :)..

but i hope sir alex doesn't go crazy this transfer season but signing any of these 3 players will strengthen the squad..he should 1st re-sign carlos tevez then search for someone to replace cristiano then focus on strenghtening the squad..for me manutd should get 1.) offensive midfielder (a young player that can distribute the ball like fabregas or kaka and score 10-15 goals) 2.) left sided winger (antonio valencia???) and 3.) forward (karim benzema???)..

can't wait for the new transfers to arrive at manutd :)

Edited by _eRon_
barcelona is a great team but i'm sure real madrid will challenge next season with the players they will acquire, the advantage barsa has over real is that the galacticos will have to adjust playing with each other for the 1st time this coming season..the barsa team even without eto'o can win trophies but they will need the other barsa players to chip in goals (aside from messi and henry) to manage losing the cameronian goal machine or better yet sign someone to contribute the 20+ goals they will lose if eto'o leaves the nou camp..

manutd are targeting to sign bayern munich's frank ribery (65million pounds), lyon's karim benzema (25million pounds) and wigan's antonio valencia (16million pounds)..yaya toure has also been rumored as one of the possible signings of sir alex..sir alex will be given a 100million pound transfer fund for this off season as well as his 20million pound annual transfer fund, that's more than enough to sign these 3 players, these 3 players total to 106 million pounds :)..

but i hope sir alex doesn't go crazy this transfer season but signing any of these 3 players will strengthen the squad..he should 1st re-sign carlos tevez then search for someone to replace cristiano then focus on strenghtening the squad..for me manutd should get 1.) offensive midfielder (a young player that can distribute the ball like fabregas or kaka and score 10-15 goals) 2.) left sided winger (antonio valencia???) and 3.) forward (karim benzema???)..

can't wait for the new transfers to arrive at manutd :)

i dont think united needs any more forwards.. they already got rooney, berbatov and tevez if they are going to sign him again plus many young guns who only needs playing time to develop (danny welbeck, federico macheda, frazier campbell ... etc) what they really need is a holding midfielder (the one they sorely needed during the CL finals) since hargreaves is injured and fletcher was suspended then. they currently use carrick for this position but it is not his natural position so his performance is inconsistent. they could get yaya toure for this position. and another position they need to strengthen is the full back position. they have lots of quality defenders but most of them are not in good health right now.. vidic's weakness was exposed during the CL final and during their defeat to arsenal, also evra is inconsistent as a defender. ferdinand and brown are still not in good health and neville should have retired by now. among the young defenders, i think only johnny evans is ready for the big leagues while the brazilian twins need more development

real madrid might be making all the splashes in the transfer market, but superstars don't make a team. its about the role players and the chemistry of a team - which barca has in abundance.

it is also very easy to forget that we are only a year removed from back to back la liga wins.

to win leagues, you need consistency over a long season but to win cups/tourneys (ECL to be specific), you need match winners and that might well be the reason for the kaka and ronaldo signings. we have really underachieved in europe and i think that is the management's main focus right now.. that's why madrid has fallen off the map of great euro teams this last few years, its bec of our failure to go deep in the champions league..

but as ive said for more than 2 years now, madrid dont need ronaldo. that money would've been better spent on joaquin, lahm, maicon or david villa. any 2 or 3 of those 4 would've been better signings.. pero wala na magagawa, anjan na eh.. good luck na lang..

the latest out of the bernabeu camp is that the dutch contigent are all available: rvn, huntelaar, sneijder, robben, van der vaart and drenthe.

kaasar lang sa madrid parang nagpapalit ng damit kung magpalit ng manager, wala tuloy continuity.. parang mga presidente ng pinas. lolololz

i hope manutd gets sneijder, he's a good midfielder..

good point protozoan, but it can't be too bad if they sign benzema right?they have 120million pounds to spend hehehe carrick is a holding midfielder, that's why he plays the long balls to the wings or the forwards, but i'd rather have a healthy hargreaves in my line-up than carrick, i want a holding midfielder like gattuso or keane, someone who can control the midfield as well as tackle, carrick is great but he just doesn't do all those things..

what manutd need is a midfielder that plays behind the 2 strikers, like what c.ronaldo used to do even if he was a winger, a player like fabregas for arsenal, gerrard for liverpool or lampard for chelsea..

manutd

forwards: rooney, berba, tevez, welbeck, macheda

midfield: giggs, scholes, park, nani, anderson, fletcher, carrick, hargreaves, tosic

defenders: vidic, ferdinand, brown, o'shea, neville, evra, raphael, evans, fabio

GK: van der sar, kuschack, foster

all in all, manutd's line-up actually is pretty complete, they just have 120million pounds to strengthen a multi-trophy winning team, anybody they sign this off season can only make the team stronger :)..what they will miss is the 20+ goals cristiano used to chip in every season, i hope the forwards and the midfield can chip in some extra goals to make up for the lost offense..

again my manutd wish list:

1.)attacking midfielder

2.)additional midfield winger

3.)forward (if they don't resign tevez)

eRon, well.. you are right. united will be earning a huge amount of money from ronaldo and it will be a big waste if the team doesnt buy anybody to strengthen it for the next season. and it definitely wont be bad to have benzema or ribery on the united shirt! although i sometimes think that their lineup is very bloated and quality players like tevez doesnt receive playing time and in the process make them discontented or at the very least, they lose the rhythm they gain from a previous good game. also, young talents may never develop and in the end just get sold to another team who might one day challenge united. there was a time when people were surprised that sir alex sold his teams best players and he relied on the talents produced by their academy. these talents were beckham, giggs, scholes.. etc. i was just thinking that he could be wasting talents already in his backyard, just maybe.. also, i have a question, is carrick a natural holding midfielder or is he just forced to play this position this season because of hargreaves' injury?

yun talaga ang position ni carrick sa manutd, swap sila ni fletcher sa holding midfielder, one thing carrick is good at is the long ball, kaya siya favorite ni sir alex..too bad si injured si hargreaves, tendinitis pa injury nya, i hope the surgery has cured him of his chronic injury..

madrid are the favorites to sign ribery but i hope the red devils can sign the frenchman..

antagal nman magkaroon ulit ng transfer news, after siguro ng confed up, u21 championships din pala ngayon..

carlos tevez has decided not to sign with manutd again, despite being offered a 5-year 25.5 million pound deal by the red devils; chelsea and manchester city are favorites to sign the argentinian striker..

glen johnson is the target of chelsea and liverpool for 17.5million pounds..

thomas vermaelen, a belgian international defender, has signed for arsenal from ajax..

david villa has decided on the club he wants to play for but has not yet revealed if who that club is..real madrid and barcelona are the favorites to sign the spanish striker who has been offered a 42 million pound deal but valencia will not sell him for any less than 50 million pounds..

inter milan's zlatan imbrahimovic is also a target of real madrid, but inter has put a stiff price for the swedish forward at 94 million pounds, real are preparing a bid to swap zlatan for higuain and cash but inter is not biting the offer..

ac milan's pato has now showed interest in joining chelsea..

daming aksyon sa transfer market, one thing is for sure manutd needs to sign new players, the loss of cristiano and carlos will dent their attack despite the young players developing, they will need players to fill-in the lost attacking power, i'm sure sir alex will sign quality players before the season starts :)

portsmouth's glen johnson has signed with liverpool for 36million pounds (parang lugi ata liverpool dito ah, parang overpriced siya..)..

man city's daniel sturridge has signed with chelsea, man city wants 10 million but chelsea will only pay 3mil for the striker..

aston villa gk stuart taylor has signed for man city as shay given's back-up gk..

west ham has loaned chilean striker luis jimenez from inter milan..

austria forward marko arnautovic has signed with inter milan..

man utd are targeting douglas costa, the brazilian attacking midfielder from gremio will cost the red devils, 20 million pounds..nilmar, another brazilian midfielder is also in manutd's sights..the red devils have also been reported to target atletico madrid's sergio arguero for 45 million pounds..

:)

portsmouth's glen johnson has signed with liverpool for 36million pounds (parang lugi ata liverpool dito ah, parang overpriced siya..)..

man city's daniel sturridge has signed with chelsea, man city wants 10 million but chelsea will only pay 3mil for the striker..

aston villa gk stuart taylor has signed for man city as shay given's back-up gk..

west ham has loaned chilean striker luis jimenez from inter milan..

austria forward marko arnautovic has signed with inter milan..

man utd are targeting douglas costa, the brazilian attacking midfielder from gremio will cost the red devils, 20 million pounds..nilmar, another brazilian midfielder is also in manutd's sights..the red devils have also been reported to target atletico madrid's sergio arguero for 45 million pounds..

:)

hi eron,

i dont know where you are getting your sources from, but johnson is not worth 36 million pounds. he is worth 17m.

for that price tag, he is worth the deal, keeping in mind the rules of champs league of keeping a minimum no. of english players and the fact that hes an intl regular.

hi eron,

i dont know where you are getting your sources from, but johnson is not worth 36 million pounds. he is worth 17m.

for that price tag, he is worth the deal, keeping in mind the rules of champs league of keeping a minimum no. of english players and the fact that hes an intl regular.

glen johnson is a bit pricey for 17m pounds, considering portsmouth just a couple of years ago bought him for 4m from chelsea, BUT he is exactly what liverpool needs. so why not spend extra for a player who fits the bill? liverpool finally has quality full backs in johnson and fabio aurelio.

its shaping up to be the most wide-open world cup in decades.

the world cup is just a year away and after watching brazil squeek by south africa (ranked 70+ in the world) with a late dani alves goal, all the major nations are struggling.

spain, who in my opinion and almost everyone's, is the best team in the world loses 2-0 to the usa. in one of the biggest upsets ever, the biggest shock was not that spain lost - but the fact that they were outplayed by the americans. maybe the european championship was a fluke: spain, the team with the most talent, will choke when it matters most.

brazil - i'm not convinced. yes they've been playing well and have reached the final of the confederations cup and will likely win it on sunday, but they lack that cutting edge in front of goal. luis fabiano is a quality forward. but is he a world cup winning striker? robinho and kaka provide the creativity but they need that predator in the mold of ronaldo or romario. surprisingly though, they have probably the best keeper and defender in the world in julio cesar and lucio.

italy is in shambles. cannavaro is too old and chiellini has not stepped up. the confederations cup has showed they are an aging team and they need to find the new generation. luca toni is not cut for the international game.

germany - what happened to ballack? they're still a solid team but no one is scared of them anymore.

argentina is another team with loads of talent but they're even in danger of not qualifying. messi, aguero and tevez is probably the most fearsome frontline in football but it just hasn't clicked.

france? just look at their qualifying games. they have not recovered from losing zidane.

so it leaves the dutch and the english. i believe these two nations will be the strongest contenders for the cup. of course, anything can happen in a year. we might even see an african winner. who knows? the fact is, the other nations have caught up.

Edited by damaso
its shaping up to be the most wide-open world cup in decades.

the world cup is just a year away and after watching brazil squeek by south africa (ranked 70+ in the world) with a late dani alves goal, all the major nations are struggling.

spain, who in my opinion and almost everyone's, is the best team in the world loses 2-0 to the usa. in one of the biggest upsets ever, the biggest shock was not that spain lost - but the fact that they were outplayed by the americans. maybe the european championship was a fluke: spain, the team with the most talent, will choke when it matters most.

brazil - i'm not convinced. yes they've been playing well and have reached the final of the confederations cup and will likely win it on sunday, but they lack that cutting edge in front of goal. luis fabiano is a quality forward. but is he a world cup winning striker? robinho and kaka provide the creativity but they need that predator in the mold of ronaldo or romario. surprisingly though, they have probably the best keeper and defender in the world in julio cesar and lucio.

italy is in shambles. cannavaro is too old and chiellini has not stepped up. the confederations cup has showed they are an aging team and they need to find the new generation. luca toni is not cut for the international game.

germany - what happened to ballack? they're still a solid team but no one is scared of them anymore.

argentina is another team with loads of talent but they're even in danger of not qualifying. messi, aguero and tevez is probably the most fearsome frontline in football but it just hasn't clicked.

france? just look at their qualifying games. they have not recovered from losing zidane.

so it leaves the dutch and the english. i believe these two nations will be the strongest contenders for the cup. of course, anything can happen in a year. we might even see an african winner. who knows? the fact is, the other nations have caught up.

i agree. but this should serve as a lesson for both spain and brazil. theyll bounce back stronger at the world cup proper where it matters the most. now there are chances for 2nd rate teams such as uruguay, greece, russia, cameroon, and australia to take advantage of this.

Im not really a world cup person, as clubs appease me more with their mix. but i always vouch for underdogs, aside from watching brazil (whoever doesn watch them, theyre the globetrotters of football). i hope south africa does something at least, if not cameroon. of course

england, on the other hand, should do something in the end, rather than be proud of their undefeated campaign so far with capello. i still think theyre not a world cup winning team with their lineup. foreigners are invading their domestic league hindering youth development. same same for me with them losing on the quarterfinals, if not at the knockoutstages. same case with the dutch team.

but heck, who knows, this is football. anything can happen.

sa soccerway.com ko nakuha duchessXI, mali nga eh, sa earlier post ko ang initial bid was 17.5mil pounds, sorry for the misinformation, pero for me, at that price, is just right for the england international..

c.ronaldo has completed his 80million pound (93million euros or 131 million dollars) move to real madrid..lots of cash for sir alex for the transfer season..the daily mail(yup tabloid to pero its still fun to read the rumors na galing sa kanila) has reported that karim benzema is near to sign for manutd at 30million pounds..douglas costa has also been reported to be a target of manutd for 25million pounds..

it has also been reported that rafa benitez will sign another player this off season..

david villa has said that he will play in the la liga next season because it is the league most suited for him..

man city offer elano plus cash for inter milan's maicon..the east lands will be the destination of carlos tevez next season, several tabloids have reported..

liverpool's xabi alonso is still in the radar of real madrid..

sam allardyce wants van nistelrooy for blackburn..after roque sta cruz left the rovers for man city to the tune of 18million pounds..

sergio aguero's agent has denied any offer from manutd or inter has been made for the atletico madrid striker..