The Football Thread

Labuyo

Hi All Football Fans!

I new here in the Philippines and an Avid Football fan

The Problem Is Philippines is a Basketball Nation and most of my pinoy friends dont really like football, any place the Masters can recommend where I can watch Football with Other Fans?

It kind of boring watching alone at home..

Cheers to all and keeping my fingers Cross for Liverpool!!!

a couple of days then UEFA Champions league na !!! Chelsea vs Barcelona...... Being a Chelsea fan as well as being fascinated with how messi plays really makes it both conflicting and exciting for me as well......a. cole can't play and mancienne is quite young and green, strategy wise they may put essien on left back to mark messi and then put mikel on the holding midfield role. Very interesting indeed on how Hiddink will do it. Messi may also act as decoy as when the defense collapse on him, he could pass on to eto'o or even henry--that's what make Barca devastating this year.

yah. been busy with work like hell. anyways, i hope you guys can watch this local football tournament.

Watch out for the first “2009 REPUBLIC CUP” every Saturdays from May 2 up to June 6 at East Polo Field at Manila Polo Club. Games start from 2pm to 5 pm. This will be a football tournament comprised of 8 teams for the Mens division and 5 teams for the Womens division. The teams participating are the:

Mens Division

Salcedo FC

Loyola Veterans

Loyola Agila

Titans FC

Old School FC

Palitada King

FC Urdaneta

Superfriends

Womens Division

Archers 1

Archers 2

Futboleras

Diliman F.C

MPL FC All Stars

YNWA :thumbsupsmiley:

I a Chelsea fan. But also like how Messi play--smooth.quick. instinctive. For me watching Barca vs ManU would be a classic in working. Two of the best players in the world now would be involved--Messi and Ronaldo....the only missing is Kaka. ManU may have enough on the defense to control the prime or best devastating striking force trio in the world--Messi, Eto'o, and Henry. I feel that Chelsea couldn't play their natural attacking with those trio a threat near the box.

manutd won their 1st leg CL semifinal against arsenal, 1-0, with o'shea scoring for the red devils in the 17th minute, it could've been more but we failed to take some of our other chances, it will be a huge boost taking a 1-0 advantage to the 2nd leg at highbury..glory glory manutd!:)

manutd won their 1st leg CL semifinal against arsenal, 1-0, with o'shea scoring for the red devils in the 17th minute, it could've been more but we failed to take some of our other chances, it will be a huge boost taking a 1-0 advantage to the 2nd leg at highbury..glory glory manutd!:)

Sir Eron You are right, it could have been more. Arsenal was completely overwhelm by Man U but will it come back to Haunt them in Highbury for failing to take full advantage?