The Football Thread

Labuyo

man city has cemented their place as my second favorite premiership team. just watched them against stoke and they are very entertaining. they have top quality footballers in elano, richards, and kompany (not to mention the injured petrov) plus a world class player in robinho. also, sturridge is a great prospect.

with the reportedly deep deep deep pockets of their arab owners, next season the premier league will have a big five.

Edited by damaso
man city has cemented their place as my second favorite premiership team. just watched them against stoke and they are very entertaining. they have top quality footballers in elano, richards, and kompany (not to mention the injured petrov) plus a world class player in robinho. also, sturridge is a great prospect.

with the reportedly deep deep deep pockets of their arab owners, next season the premier league will have a big five.

they also have wright philips, ireland, and hard (GK).

Liverpool beat chelsea even without the injured torres, ending chelseas 82 game winning home record, and now on top of the premiership. looked like his shuffling against athletio madrid worked in gerrard, keane, and mascherano. in addition to that, goes to show we dont need to rely on the spaniard and sweeper skrtel. 2 down, arsenal left to go.

unbeaten? owe it to riera. its obvious weve been lacking a natural left wingman ever since the departure of kewell, zenden, and arne riise. from aurelio to traore, came riera and dossena. aside from these two, you have two tireless menaces in keane and kuyt, respectively.

looked like rafa has silenced his critics. im sure theyll be coming out of their ratholes again. well, cant celebrate yet, were still nearing christmas.

victories like that make me think,

Is it this year for liverpool or do we have to wait after christmas before they go crazy on the choke button?

Harry "Huddini" is now TOT's manager. He had an able squad in Pompey, thy were doing ok. I guess it's all about C.R.E.A.M like the Wu Tang Clan said.

Edited by redshirt

Cristiano Ronaldo has been named FIFPro World Player of the Year

The United winger was presented with the award by Sir Alex Ferguson at the Reds' Carrington training headquarters on Monday.

The 23-year-old scored an incredible 42 goals on his way to helping United reach a Premier League and Champions League Double.

Reds boss Sir Alex handed Ronaldo the award and said that he hoped there were many more like it to come at OId Trafford. It’s the first of what is expected to be a string of global awards for the Portuguese attacker, who has also been nominated for the prestigious Ballon d’Or award.

Ronaldo was also named in the FIFPro World Team of the Year, as was his team-mate Rio Ferdinand, who collected the honours for their achievements from Professional Footballers Association chief Gordon Taylor.

ManUtd.com tagged along to see the trophy presentation, and we'll bring you an exclusive interview with Ronaldo later this afternoon.

FifPro team: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid); Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), John Terry (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Carles Puyol (Barcelona); Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Kaka (AC Milan), Xavi (Barcelona), Lionel Messi (Barcelona); Fernando Torres (Liverpool), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United).

FifPro is the world-wide umbrella organisation for the Professional Football Association around the globe, and includes more than 40 associations meaning that thousands of players registered their votes for these awards.

Good win by the Merseysiders. I found Mascherano as one of the key players in that game. He defended the midfield effectively. Though the win was not that convincing for me (i'd rather enjoy seeing the reds beat Chelsea by two goals than just one) compared to how the Blues thrashes their opponents most of the times. Im no Chelsea nor Liverpool fan, but the way I see it, it's more of a "tsamba".

Peace!

Good win by the Merseysiders. I found Mascherano as one of the key players in that game. He defended the midfield effectively. Though the win was not that convincing for me (i'd rather enjoy seeing the reds beat Chelsea by two goals than just one) compared to how the Blues thrashes their opponents most of the times. Im no Chelsea nor Liverpool fan, but the way I see it, it's more of a "tsamba".

Peace!

It may seem like "tsamba" but we have to put in consideration that CHE were unbeaten for like four years in The Bridge. As much as I hate to admit it, LIV defeating them was a big feat.

Peace!

lol tsamba.

Peace!

who do you support anyway? want to watch liv rip them apart?

walang tsamba tsamba dyan; they deserved the win; kudos to liverpool :)..a lot of people would say manutd beating chelsea or liverpool beating ac milan; both in the UCL final was lucky pero kahit bali-baliktarin mo ang mundo, yung nanalo ay nanalo, gnun talaga sa football :)..

grabe ginastos ng tottenham, 15million to pay of ramos, poyet & the other assistant coach & another 10million to pay pompey for harry redknapp; lets hope the gamble will pay off..next for spurs is arsenal, hmm, tingnan nga natin if they can make it two in a row :)

1 duchessXI 662.50

2 Team Damaso 653.50

3 FC Gadong United 652.00

4 chocolate_starfish 621.00

5 Love United 598.00

6 blacknwhite 539.00

7 Bungot 536.50

8 Mojo Gooners 532.50

9 Giggsy FC 503.50

10 Supreme Socceroos 488.00

11 Bono's Banshees 477.50

12 Cornwall Cornhuskers 450.00

13 Roughneck Galacticos 430.00

back to a 3-horse race. poor display by duchessXI led to team damaso and fc gadong united to catching up. choco starfish and love united possible contenders.

Finally, Magpies chalk up just their second win of the season. Its a first also for Kinnear as manager. This win gets us out of relegation zone. It better be. I stayed up late to get to watch that match. Hehehehe! Great game also for Barton. Just love that taste of winning!

Howay the Lads!

post-25839-1225288526.jpg

Edited by biggyprox