The Football Thread

Labuyo

the two most surprising teams of the season has to be hull and tottenham.

hull city, a newly promoted team full of unknowns (except for geovanni who we saw last year at man city), wins again is still at third place!

and tottenham, after spending close to a 100m in the transfer market, loses again (to stoke city?) and is firmly in at the foot of the table. 2 points in 8 games?? ridiculous.

just finished watching barca win against athletic bilbao. eto'o with a sublime goal.

and now watching inter destroy roma in rome. its 4-0 at the 60th minute. mourinho, a great tactician, is perfect for the serie a. and i would rate ibrahimovic in the top 3 strikers in world football at the moment.

Ey, mates!

How's everybody doin here? It's been a long time since I last posted. I miss having a chat with y'all footie fans like myself.

Yes, very poor Tottenham. They made a HUUUGE gamble in getting Juande Ramos thinking he could turn the club around not realizing he has no slightest idea how the EPL runs. They sold good young players and bought a lot quality ones. The problem is.... they could not get a good result out of it! Alas, one London club less to worry about. lols...

As for ROMA, hehe, they are, just like (sad to say) Juventus - plagued with injuries, thus resulting to poor game results. I think AS Roma should move forward and forget about Totti and get a quality forward.

Nice win for Valencia. Now that's the formula: take out Hildebrand, Maduro and bring back an almost all Spanish players (incluing the veterans!)

BTW, here's the list of the Ballon D'Or nominees. What do you guys think about it?:

Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal), Togo.

Sergio Agüero (Atletico Madrid), Argentine.

Andreï Archavine (Zénith Saint-Pétersbourg), Russia.

Michael Ballack (Chelsea), Germany.

Karim Benzema (Lyon), France.

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus Turin), Italy.

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Spain.

Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Portugal.

Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Ivory Coast.

Samuel Eto'o (FC Barcelone), Cameroon.

Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Spain.

Fernando Torres (Liverpool FC), Spain.

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool FC), England.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan), Sweden.

Kaka (Milan AC), Brazil.

Frank Lampard (Chelsea), England.

Lionel Messi (FC Barcelone), Argentina.

Pepe (Real Madrid), Portugal.

Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), France.

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), England.

Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Spain.

Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Spain.

Luca Toni (Bayern Munich), Italy.

Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Netherlands.

Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg SV puis Real Madrid), Netherlands.

Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid), Netherlands.

Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United), Serbia.

David Villa (Valence CF), Spain.

Xavi (FC Barcelone), Spain.

Youri Zhirkov (CSKA Moscou), Russia

Me, I don't think Pepe should be nominated here at all. And they didn't include Diego, nor Iniesta and David Silva?

If I were to vote, of course, I'll vote CESC FABREGAS, and STEVEN GERRARD (for 2nd choice).

the two most surprising teams of the season has to be hull and tottenham.

hull city, a newly promoted team full of unknowns (except for geovanni who we saw last year at man city), wins again is still at third place!

and tottenham, after spending close to a 100m in the transfer market, loses again (to stoke city?) and is firmly in at the foot of the table. 2 points in 8 games?? ridiculous.

ramos should be out by now. the fans arent even thinking of removing him, lest the Board.

i rmmber when rafa was in midtable position, the Board was quick on signing a new manager for it werent for the fans.

But as damaso has pointed out, 2 points in 8 games is ridiculous for a team good on paper. i thought ramos had it all covered because he won the FA cup last yr.

newcastle is on the same boat on this one.

its hard to see two teams who play regular EPL football get relegated to Championship level.

lets wait and see from here.

1 duchessXI 604.00

2 FC Gadong United 534.50

3 Team Damaso 519.00

4 Love United 508.50

5 chocolate_starfish 494.50

6 blacknwhite 493.00

7 Mojo Gooners 481.50

8 Giggsy FC 456.00

9 Bungot 421.00

10 Bono's Banshees 412.50

11 Supreme Socceroos 386.50

12 Cornwall Cornhuskers 375.50

13 Roughneck Galacticos 356.50

are you guys still updating your teams? :unsure:

some matches you dare dont want to miss:

champs league

Juventus v Real Madrid Group H

Atlético Madrid v Liverpool Group D

Man Utd v Celtic Group E

EPL:

Chelsea v Liverpool

Arsenal v Tottenham (london derby, though it doesnt take a rocket scientist to predict whos the clear winner)

Lots of liverpool fans furious over the Calderon issue. they booked their tickets 2 weeks before just to watch this thriller. i wonder how the match turns up.

i think cristiano ronaldo will win ballon d'or hands down, scoring 42 goals last season & helping manutd win the double last season is a great achievement :)..

watched the liverpool-wigan game highlight, what a howler by agger but he redeemed himself later on..amr zaki is still the top goal scorer of the EPL; steve bruce has got himself one great striker; his bicycle kick goal was sublime :)

Im doin great. Been busy at work and other stuff. But of course, still not forgetting THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!

Ok. I guess I'll have to agree, it should be C.Ronaldo due to his contribution to ManU's double last season.

good on you mate.

I reckon Zaki's not staying with WIG for long.