Labuyo

a good english lineup:

Heskey

Rooney (license to roam)

Downing Gerrard Barry Young

Bale Ferdinand Terry Brown

James

----

Downing and young are natural wingers, theyl provided the needed width as compared to SWP (who just provides space) and Lampard (who cant fit with gerrard)

barry and gerrard will provide good cover and support for the defense

a fairly young and small lineup but heskey, gerrard and ferdinand should provided the needed experience on their respective areas of the pitch to form the spine of the english squad.

downing is a bad idea at left wing because he has been inconsistent for middlesborough & england; & he's been having a bad season; it would be better to go for ashley young if joe cole is still out (he still is out injured for the belarus game; same goes with john terry); ashley young plays naturally at left wing; walcott is still the number 1 option at right wing; he played superbly during the 1st half of the kazakhstan game but was disappointing during the 2nd half; exchanging him for becks was a great sub by capello :)..

swp was also disappointing during the kazakhstan game; he can't even properly cross the ball; cole & ashley young are 1st & 2nd choices respectively & swp should be the 3rd string left winger for england for me :)..

playing gerrard and lampard together is just plain wrong; i watched it during the englad-kazakhstan game; they both played horribly despite sub par opponents tsk tsk tsk i was really disappointed with the both of them..for me this should be england line-up

cole was a moron with that horrible backpass; wtf was he thinking!?!?! tsk tsk tsk

all in all; rooney, ferdinand, brown, beckham, heskey and walcott (during the 1sthalf) for me were the only players who played well during the kazakhstan game..

ENGLAND LINE-UP:

HESKEY (main target man/forward) ROONEY (roaming forward)

LAMPARD (offensive midfielder)

J.COLE (leftwinger) WALCOTT (rightwinger)

BARRY (defensive midfielder)

A.COLE (leftback) FERDINAND (centerback) TERRY (centerback) BROWN (rightback)

Subs:

FORWARDS: CROUCH, DEFOE

MIDFIELDERS: A.YOUNG (2nd choice leftwinger), WRIGHT-PHILIPS (3rd choice leftwinger), GERRARD (2nd choice offensive midfielder), HARGREAVES (2nd choice defensive midfielder), BECKHAM (2nd choice rightwinger)

DEFENSE: UPSON (2nd choice centerback), JOHNSON (2nd choice rightback), BRIDGE (2nd choice leftback)

*definitely don't play GERRARD & LAMPARD together!!! its just plain wrong; i hope Capello doesn't do it again; they still don't know how to play with each other..:)

in swp's defense, he's a right footed player. he was played out of position and did considerably well. but you just can't ask a right footed player to cross from the left...i like ashley young on the left as well (after joe cole).

the problem with the gerrard and lampard combination is neither is disciplined enough to stay back. their natural instinct is to go forward and that would leave the back four exposed. they can get away with it against kazakhstan or even belarus, but a counter-attacking team like holland or brazil would k*ll em.

downing is a bad idea at left wing because he has been inconsistent for middlesborough & england; & he's been having a bad season; it would be better to go for ashley young if joe cole is still out (he still is out injured for the belarus game; same goes with john terry); ashley young plays naturally at left wing; walcott is still the number 1 option at right wing; he played superbly during the 1st half of the kazakhstan game but was disappointing during the 2nd half; exchanging him for becks was a great sub by capello :)..

swp was also disappointing during the kazakhstan game; he can't even properly cross the ball; cole & ashley young are 1st & 2nd choices respectively & swp should be the 3rd string left winger for england for me :)..

playing gerrard and lampard together is just plain wrong; i watched it during the englad-kazakhstan game; they both played horribly despite sub par opponents tsk tsk tsk i was really disappointed with the both of them..for me this should be england line-up

cole was a moron with that horrible backpass; wtf was he thinking!?!?! tsk tsk tsk

all in all; rooney, ferdinand, brown, beckham, heskey and walcott (during the 1sthalf) for me were the only players who played well during the kazakhstan game..

ENGLAND LINE-UP:

HESKEY (main target man/forward) ROONEY (roaming forward)

LAMPARD (offensive midfielder)

J.COLE (leftwinger) WALCOTT (rightwinger)

BARRY (defensive midfielder)

A.COLE (leftback) FERDINAND (centerback) TERRY (centerback) BROWN (rightback)

Subs:

FORWARDS: CROUCH, DEFOE

MIDFIELDERS: A.YOUNG (2nd choice leftwinger), WRIGHT-PHILIPS (3rd choice leftwinger), GERRARD (2nd choice offensive midfielder), HARGREAVES (2nd choice defensive midfielder), BECKHAM (2nd choice rightwinger)

DEFENSE: UPSON (2nd choice centerback), JOHNSON (2nd choice rightback), BRIDGE (2nd choice leftback)

*definitely don't play GERRARD & LAMPARD together!!! its just plain wrong; i hope Capello doesn't do it again; they still don't know how to play with each other..:)

i beg to differ, young is a natural right winger, although has been placed out of position due to the fact that there is a scarcity of left wingers in the english squad and his versatility.

joe cole plays left 70 mins the whole game, so does babel (though riera has replaced him, hes still a good option) ; both cutting in the inside.

downing isnt good at the moment yes, but if hes 100% match fit and on a roll, he will be a good starter to fill that left flank.

btw nice pics of those chicks, any more? hehe

even if he's a natural rightwinger; he's still playing great at leftwing; capello should utilize ashley young against belarus :)

terry and cole are out for the belarus game; who should deputise for cole at leftback? wayne bridge is a good alternative; upson needs to improve his game he was mediocre during the kazakhstan game; if given the chance i think he can do better against belarus :)

Edited by _eRon_

"Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has spoken of his disappointment after hearing his much-anticipated return to Atletico Madrid's Vicente Calderon could be scuppered. "After so much time waiting, it is the worst and most unexpected news that I could have heard this morning," the 24-year-old said."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/?cc=4716

potang ina talaga. maganda sana panourin in front of his original crowd and football academy at this champs league match. damn racists.

post-121636-1224031965.jpg

naging captain pala tong mokong na to.

MATCHUP: Sergio Aguero vs Fernando Torres

Edited by duchessXI

barcelona to join major league soccer?

fc barcelona has submitted a proposal to co-own an expansion team for the mls in 2010. the team will be based in miami and will be a farm team for barcelona. i'm thinking the players coming through the barca youth system will get much needed experience playing in the mls before making the big leap to the first team.

walcott and beckham are both right sided midfielders. but then again, so is wright-phillips and he did well on the left against kazakhstan.

england player ratings from the kazakh game:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...g-Football.html

I reckon walcott can play CMF. He's got the pace. Becks supplying with the crosses from far right.... Sounds good to me.

SWP can't do a proper cross even if his life depended on it. But he's quick on his feet.

Choosing between Lampard and Gerrar is difficult.

In my opinion, Gerrard is more leathal with those long range strikes but Lampard has more presence in the box.If you're going to play SWP in RMF Id rather have gerrard because he can give out good passes to other players. SWP can open up some space gerrard with some passes. Seems to be a recepie for success. but if you're going to play the likes of walcott or beckham, Id rather have fat frank instead of gerrard.

I had some difficulties myself when I played both gerrard and lampared on PES. I had atleast 5 of my players in the box area, I was alway caught when the oponent made a counter attack. here's the squad I used.

Defoe Rooney

J. Cole Lampard Gerrard Beckham

A. Cole Ferdinand Terry Brown

James

I decided to witch things up. Had better results as well.

Defoe Rooney

J. Cole Hardgreaves Lampard Beckham

A. Cole Ferdinand Terry Brown

James

Or

Crouch Defoe

J. Cole Gerrard SWP Walcott

A. Cole Terry Ferdinand Brown

James

I didn't want to play Brown but Idon't know any other English left backs aside from G. Neville who's up to par.But let's face it. Neville's too old to play. He isn't that reliable like he used to

missed the england - belarus game due to this stupid thing called work. but i did get to watch this 28 minute video of the match:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=44700758

watch it before it gets taken out.

thoughts on the match:

- capello shows us again that he is italian - did england really need a defensive midfielder in barry against a team like belarus? and this time he puts gerrard on the left ??........well it worked. gerrard was given license to roam and shows his versatility - scoring a goal, providing an assist and just looking lively throughout.

- the belarus goal was an absolute beauty. they looked like spain! lovely passing and excellent movement off the ball.

- rooney is en fuego. another brace for england.

Edited by damaso

convincing win by england against belarus..wayne rooney was the man of the match; steven gerrard is a close second :) capello is doing a great job in managing his players..i still think gerrard should not be in the left; he was free to roam because belarus attacked from the right; belarus' 1st goal was walcott's fault; he should've marked the guy at the far post & the belarus winger kept on attacking the right because walcott is not a good defender..but all in all good performance for england; it's their best start of their world cup campaign in history :)..

* Confirm team changes

* Cancel

About to sell

Player name Market priceRobson de Souza 7.17

Fernando Torres 14.07

José Bosingwa 5.73

Bacary Sagna 8.76

About to buy

Player name Market priceMarcio Geovanni 8.62

Dimitar Berbatov 12.79

Andrea Dossena 6.95

Michael Turner 8.24

Team value 99.97

WOW forced to make 4 changes to my fantasy team because of various injuries.

this is what you call reengineering.