The Football Thread

Labuyo

i still remember when Kev Keegan came into his second stint as Newcastle manager... He was named the Messiah Of Newcastle. We had high hopes of at least a European slot. After all that has been said and done, there was one thing that he made good on his promise. He promise that he would bring Newcastle to days when they were called "the Entertainers" With all that has happened in the past few weeks, I sure as hell have been entertained, I'm sure you guys have been as well. Stay tuned, I'm sure there's more to come. This is better than watching a soap opera.

this is worse than the management crisis that liverpool experienced last year in terms of result. in terms of the means, liverpool was more dramatic, it took me 3-4 months of hard nights.

NEWCASTLE: mediiocre transfers during the summer window, KK loses first four games, ashley kicks KK, ashley wants to sell, nigerian consortium considered buying, Veneables turns down offer, Kinnear as interim manager, newcastle in the bottom of the pit of the epl table with 2 points.

LIVERPOOL: rafa rotation crisis, management considers firing Rafa, kopite spits at hicks son at a local pub in liverpool, hicks considers getting jurgenn klinsmann, club in debt due to new stadium construction (same with arsenal), "kops of the world unite" to buy the whole liverpool franchise (just as barca had been run), Dubai Investment Capital considers buying, rafa stays after all. (phew) IN RAFA WE TRUST because 'RAFA will never walk alone'.

post-121636-1222475213.jpg

Edited by duchessXI
Roll on the Nigerians....heard the deal will go through after 6-8 games and keen to re-instate KK as manager

beware the glitter of money from Nigeria. Remember Charlton Athletic in the 1970s? And anyway ALL of us get emails offering untold riches from there..... (Nigeria, that is, not Charlton!)

Edited by audiman
Per game? Did Ashley hire a hooker or a manager?

I'm gonna take this in a business stride. If I were Mike Ashley, would i be entering into a deal with a manager with long term in mind if i know that i'm gonna sell the club? Maybe not, thats just not good business sense. I'd hire someone who would just weather the tide until the new owner comes along and they'd do what they'd want to do with the club. He couldnt care less. Maybe this is a good sign that sooner or later, Newcastle would be sold. Hopefully to owners who only have good intentions for the club and to treat it well, and not treat it like a toy that Ashley, Wise, Llambas did.

post-25839-1222518008.jpg

I'm gonna take this in a business stride. If I were Mike Ashley, would i be entering into a deal with a manager with long term in mind if i know that i'm gonna sell the club? Maybe not, thats just not good business sense. I'd hire someone who would just weather the tide until the new owner comes along and they'd do what they'd want to do with the club. He couldnt care less. Maybe this is a good sign that sooner or later, Newcastle would be sold. Hopefully to owners who only have good intentions for the club and to treat it well, and not treat it like a toy that Ashley, Wise, Llambas did.

"Cockney Mafia out!" - Toon Army

Kinnear added to the list of cast in the show called "Newcastle Comedy"

read more to amuse yourself.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story...ion&cc=4716

i cant watch the match anymore....we're pathetic! At least, when KK was around, we had decent football. Now we're just 11 zombies parading on the pitch. Time to walk the dog.....

relax dude. there are like 30 more games left of good quality epl. dnt lose hope on your team just yet.

when theyre in league 1, thats when you jumpship. lol

no offense. but lets wait for a miracle.

cheers.