The Football Thread

Labuyo

e? u might be referring to man utd if you count both manu and manc citys current form.

Again, no disrespect to liverpool but manutd have always started slow early in the season. Sila ata ang diesel ng epl. Anyway, that was just me, shooting the breeze, still its too early in the season to make any sane calls on who goes to europe and the ones who get relegated to the championships.

Nigerian Consortium show interests in Toon.

Oh man! i'M not so sure about this one. Sounds like from the frying pan to the fire. A country so corupt to buy a sinking english club? Sounds wierd to me.

post-25839-1222144570.jpg

Id rather united be bought by Thaksin rather than Nigerians. Nothing about their skin colour but that is a mad country. I reckon the people won't be any different.

United's doign a Barcelona this season. The team just needs to gell and become fit. Wait till Rooney,Tevez,Berbatov and C. Ronaldo become fit. :evil:

1 FC Gadong United 370.00

2 duchessXI 368.00

3 chocolate_starfish 356.00

4 Team Damaso 296.50

5 Giggsy FC 295.00

6 Love United 280.50

7 Mojo Gooners 276.00

8 blacknwhite 249.50

9 Bungot 241.50

10 Supreme Socceroos 239.00

11 Cornwall Cornhuskers 238.50

12 Bono's Banshees 230.00

13 Roughneck Galacticos 186.50

hmm , this should be interesting...

Id rather united be bought by Thaksin rather than Nigerians. Nothing about their skin colour but that is a mad country. I reckon the people won't be any different.

United's doign a Barcelona this season. The team just needs to gell and become fit. Wait till Rooney,Tevez,Berbatov and C. Ronaldo become fit. :evil:

even if they're all fit, how would you play them together? lately rooney has been playing down the right, tevez down the left with berbatov leading the line. tevez and rooney are wasted on the wings as they're better off playing behind berbatov. thats already without ronaldo. where would they all play in the same team? 3 attacking spots and 4 players all expecting to be a key part of the team.

dami pa din talaga doubters dito sa manutd; just wait and see; ganyan din kayo last season eh hehehe :)

yes! finally a convincing 3-1 win by manutd against borough at the 3rd round of carling cup..what a horrible tackle by pogatetz on possebon tsk tsk tsk buti na lang possebon's leg wasn't broken; debut pa nman nya for the red devils..

chelsea sign brazilian midfielder mineiro for the season as cover for the injured michael essien..

michel platini making bad comments on wenger; saying wenger has a business mentality when involving football and criticizing the manager of arsenal for endorsing video replays for questionable calls by refs..

yey! spurs win at last; un nga lng at the expense of the toon army

Crisis deepens for Toon

Just 20,577 turned out to watch the latest chapter in the demise of Newcastle United as they lost 2-1 to Tottenham, the only club below them in the Premier League, and went out of the Carling Cup. Roman Pavluchenko and Jamie O'Hara put Spurs in front before a late Michael Owen consolation

dami pa din talaga doubters dito sa manutd; just wait and see; ganyan din kayo last season eh hehehe :)

yes! finally a convincing 3-1 win by manutd against borough at the 3rd round of carling cup..what a horrible tackle by pogatetz on possebon tsk tsk tsk buti na lang possebon's leg wasn't broken; debut pa nman nya for the red devils..

chelsea sign brazilian midfielder mineiro for the season as cover for the injured michael essien..

michel platini making bad comments on wenger; saying wenger has a business mentality when involving football and criticizing the manager of arsenal for endorsing video replays for questionable calls by refs..

yey! spurs win at last; un nga lng at the expense of the toon army

Papansin talaga si Platini....first he attacked the EPL in general....then ManU for the "slave" comment re: Ronaldo hulabaloo....and now Wenger....sino kaya sunod......mmmm

I've been waiting to see Manucho play for ManU.....he has been on loan since last season....I saw him play during the last African Nations Cup qualifying rounds and he was impressive!....

Latest rumour is that Venables might step in to be the new Toons manager.....

6-0 Carling Cup win by the kids.... the team that played had an average age of 18!....very impressive....

Vive le Wenger!

manucho played in the carling cup against borough; i believe he had a great game; sana great find siya by sir alex; much the same way zaki is a great find for steve bruce at birmingham (tama ba un team?hehe) :)

wahahahahaha!!! manchester city talo sa league one side brighton!!!! :D

Edited by _eRon_
manucho played in the carling cup against borough; i believe he had a great game; sana great find siya by sir alex; much the same way zaki is a great find for steve bruce at birmingham (tama ba un team?hehe) :)

wahahahahaha!!! manchester city talo sa league one side brighton!!!! :D

zaki - wigan

birminghams long gone.

even if they're all fit, how would you play them together? lately rooney has been playing down the right, tevez down the left with berbatov leading the line. tevez and rooney are wasted on the wings as they're better off playing behind berbatov. thats already without ronaldo. where would they all play in the same team? 3 attacking spots and 4 players all expecting to be a key part of the team.

Fergie will find a way. Nuff said.

"Terry Venables has rejected the chance to manage Newcastle United after a second day of talks in London. It is understood that the 65-year-old former England manager was unhappy with owner Mike Ashley's offer of the manager's role on a match-by-match basis, preferring a longer-term contract."

this doesnt look to good. even a 2nd tier manager wont get the job. whos next i wonder.

i still remember when Kev Keegan came into his second stint as Newcastle manager... He was named the Messiah Of Newcastle. We had high hopes of at least a European slot. After all that has been said and done, there was one thing that he made good on his promise. He promise that he would bring Newcastle to days when they were called "the Entertainers" With all that has happened in the past few weeks, I sure as hell have been entertained, I'm sure you guys have been as well. Stay tuned, I'm sure there's more to come. This is better than watching a soap opera.

post-25839-1222445169.jpg

Newcastle United have shocked the football world by announcing former Wimbledon boss Joe Kinnear as their new interim manager. The news comes the day after Terry Venables turned down the post, vacated by Kevin Keegan, and a £100,000-per-match deal.

presumably Ant and Dec turned it down. As did that other famous Toon supporter, Tony B Liar

presumably Ant and Dec turned it down. As did that other famous Toon supporter, Tony B Liar

lie low muna sila Ant and Dec.....hehe...nagpapalamig pagkatapos ng scam......

I dunno why the Geordies pin their hopes on KK....he never made an impact on his last managing post at MCFC anyway....

Roll on the Nigerians....heard the deal will go through after 6-8 games and keen to re-instate KK as manager