The Football Thread

Labuyo

i think the current solution to this problem is to have an arab revolution, so to speak. just the way manc city is experiencing at the moment.

newc is has large loyal fanbase because of what coaches did in the previous years: KK, Kenny Dalgish (liverpool great), Ruud Gullit (reputable manager), and of course sir bobby robson. KK lost his touch with his comeback. perhaps he hasnt adapted to modern games due to his old methods. this team was a contender, was qualified for the champs league several times, just as leeds did.

they need to avoid this blackhole. let the board get a manager. focus on getting those three points, even if you have to play the way stoke did: ANTI-FOOTBALL. and keep the revenues generating from the fans tickets.

cheers. :thumbsupsmiley:

money doesn't buy success, either in the board room, or by buying expensive players. Take Brentford, for example. Expensive purchases in the 1960s did nothing except enhance their pensions, with, as best, moderate success on the playing field.

Edited by audiman
I find so much comfort in your words. We still got 33 games left, its not a good start at all but it doesnt mean we have to start packing our bags and leave the team behind. The Barton issue has been rehashed all over, I couldnt care less... I'm only concerened about what happens on the pitch and how the club is being pimped by that fat scum Ashley who would rather have a pint with his cronies than start acting like a businessman that he claims he is.

Fair comment - but where might the Toon be without his money?

At the end if the day, to quote a cliché, it's goals in the back of the net that count, (to quote another). He doesn't exactly exude a responsible attitude, but he's not the first "dodgy" owner and/or chairman (remember Michael Knighton, Bob Lord, Luis Edwards, to name but three?), and he won't be the last.

There are SOME gentlemen left at Board level, and, without naming names, I have met a couple. Totally charming men they are too.

money doesn't buy success, either in the board room, or by buying expensive players. Take Brentford, for example. Expensive purchases in the 1960s did nothing except enhance their pensions, with, as best, moderate success on the playing field.

hey but if thats whats keeping 95% of the current successful teams up in the top four of all the leagues in general, its what clubs like newc have to do as well to keep their asses in the league.

Edited by duchessXI
1:1 kalou leveller. final score

elsewhere, 6-0 for manc city with different goal scorers. looks like robinhos enjoying.

calamity james is back! worst keeping display i've seen in years. and city looks like an exciting side. the brazilian trio of robinho, jo and elano adding flair.

crap, didn't get to watch the chelsea - united game.

elsewhere, mourinho's inter looking really impressive winning at torino 3-1. adriano is back, and paired with ibrahimovic, they could be the best attacking duo in the world.

real madrid just took a 2-0 lead against racing, and right after is sporting gijon - barcelona. about to start in the other channel is milan - lazio. plus the final day of the ryder cup is ongoing. haay, nahihilo na ako. mauubos battery ng tv remote control ko nito...

Edited by damaso

we were fortunate to draw with chelsea; manutd dominated early in the first half (about the 1st 25mins) but after that it was all chelsea; berbatov is taking time to settle in and c.ronaldo is still coming back from his injury; i hope we can fire at all cylinders again soon, go manutd!! :)

too bad newcastle lost again but west ham played great against them..wow, man city with a 6-0 thrashing of pompey..liverpool drawing with stoke..arsenal will be the happiest side this weekend hehehe

calamity james is back! worst keeping display i've seen in years. and city looks like an exciting side. the brazilian trio of robinho, jo and elano adding flair.

crap, didn't get to watch the chelsea - united game.

elsewhere, mourinho's inter looking really impressive winning at torino 3-1. adriano is back, and paired with ibrahimovic, they could be the best attacking duo in the world.

real madrid just took a 2-0 lead against racing, and right after is sporting gijon - barcelona. about to start in the other channel is milan - lazio. plus the final day of the ryder cup is ongoing. haay, nahihilo na ako. mauubos battery ng tv remote control ko nito...

putcha dude, ano cable company mu jan? swerte mu a, you get to see all these games.

1 Arsenal 5 4 0 1 11 2 2 0 0 4 0 2 0 1 7 2 9 12

2 Chelsea 5 3 2 0 10 3 1 2 0 6 2 2 0 0 4 1 7 11

3 Liverpool 5 3 2 0 5 2 2 1 0 4 2 1 1 0 1 0 3 11

4 Aston Villa 5 3 1 1 10 7 1 1 0 4 2 2 0 1 6 5 3 10

5 Man City 5 3 0 2 15 7 2 0 1 10 3 1 0 1 5 4 8 9

6 West Ham 5 3 0 2 11 9 3 0 0 9 3 0 0 2 2 6 2 9

7 Hull 5 2 2 1 7 10 1 1 1 4 8 1 1 0 3 2 -3 8

8 Sunderland 5 2 1 2 5 6 1 0 2 2 4 1 1 0 3 2 -1 7

9 Everton 5 2 1 2 9 11 0 0 2 2 6 2 1 0 7 5 -2 7

10 Blackburn 5 2 1 2 6 11 1 1 1 2 5 1 0 1 4 6 -5 7

11 Fulham 4 2 0 2 4 4 2 0 0 3 1 0 0 2 1 3 0 6

12 Middlesbrough 5 2 0 3 6 8 2 0 0 4 2 0 0 3 2 6 -2 6

13 Portsmouth 5 2 0 3 5 12 1 0 1 2 2 1 0 2 3 10 -7 6

14 Wigan 5 1 2 2 7 4 0 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 6 2 3 5

15 Man Utd 4 1 2 1 4 4 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 3 3 0 5

16 Bolton 5 1 1 3 5 7 1 1 1 4 4 0 0 2 1 3 -2 4

17 West Brom 5 1 1 3 5 7 1 0 2 5 6 0 1 1 0 1 -2 4

18 Stoke 5 1 1 3 7 10 1 0 1 5 5 0 1 2 2 5 -3 4

19 Newcastle 5 1 1 3 4 9 1 0 1 2 2 0 1 2 2 7 -5 4

20 Tottenham 5 0 2 3 4 7 0 1 2 2 4 0 1 1 2 3 -3 2

hmm. ARSEnal unscathed yet by the other big 3.

and liverpool to face everton next week in what should be the dirtiest derby match based on history books next to the milan derby.

should be an easy win on paper for liverpool. everton are pretty scrappy at the moment. keane to open his account against the bitters hopefully?

For the next season, Man Utd will change its AIG uniform logo to FED.

cool financial joke.

NOT!

------------------------------------------------

Frack calamity james! eff him he was in my fantasy team! frack!

6-0 trashing Im not that worried it's pompey. Pomey gets a good beating once or twice in a season..... Wait for them to score 8 or something goals one of this game week.

I am loosing hope for TOT. Mordic is not playing well in this team. He used to socre a lot in Dinamo Zagreb...

well at least something for newc to be proud of.

damn it! it just goes to show how crappy the season is for us!!!!! Being proud of others misery! Damn! I'm so hungry for some good news to reach my club. Maybe something like Dennis wise getting stuck deep in Mike Ashley's fat ARSE for kissing it too much...( oh wait that happened already ) Man city looking like serious contenders...Hmmmm... liverpool is looking like it might settle for that uefa cup slot? Hehehe!

post-25839-1222130498.jpg

damn it! it just goes to show how crappy the season is for us!!!!! Being proud of others misery! Damn! I'm so hungry for some good news to reach my club. Maybe something like Dennis wise getting stuck deep in Mike Ashley's fat ARSE for kissing it too much...( oh wait that happened already ) Man city looking like serious contenders...Hmmmm... liverpool is looking like it might settle for that uefa cup slot? Hehehe!

e? u might be referring to man utd if you count both manu and manc citys current form.