The Football Thread

Labuyo

more football news:

Shevchenko to rejoin AC Milan

Sir Alex Ferguson makes final bid for Berbatov (25million pounds)

Newcastle United set to make 12million pound bid for Chelsea's Florent Malouda

Real Madrid win Super Cup with 4-2 win over Valencia

PSV Eindhoven win Dutch Super Cup

Inter win Super Coppa after penalties

West Ham United's Anton Ferdinand set to move to Sunderland for 8million pounds

good points duchess and redshirt; but getting berbatov can only strengthen manutd's attack; the red devils don't have a big forward to hold the ball for rooney, c.ronaldo and tevez; for me if manutd get to sign him; he will be a key asset for manutd's title defense...

the core of manutd is still young, with most of the players below 25; even if scholes, giggs, and neville are nearing retirement; sir alex is confident that his young players such as anderson, c.ronaldo, rooney, carrick, hargreaves, evra, rooney, fletcher, vidic, ferdinand and park are still maturing and will give key contributions to manutd :)

sunderland are signing up great players; roy keane is bringing a revolution at sunderland with the signing of chimbonda, malbranque; the loan of cisse and the impending acquisition of anton ferdinand from west ham; i hope the black cats can have a great campaign this season..

damn, spurs are in a hole right now, seems like juande ramos has assembled a great collection of individuals but he still has a long way in making a team to contend for the top 4..arsenal also had a lackluster game against fulham, with fulham winning 1-0 at craven cottage...

scolari is doing big things for the blues, with their confidence sky high, barring any injuries or scandals, the blues can really challenge for several titles this season..

Edited by _eRon_
good points duchess and redshirt; but getting berbatov can only strengthen manutd's attack; the red devils don't have a big forward to hold the ball for rooney, c.ronaldo and tevez; for me if manutd get to sign him; he will be a key asset for manutd's title defense...

the core of manutd is still young, with most of the players below 25; even if scholes, giggs, and neville are nearing retirement; sir alex is confident that his young players such as anderson, c.ronaldo, rooney, carrick, hargreaves, evra, rooney, fletcher, vidic, ferdinand and park are still maturing and will give key contributions to manutd :)

i agree but their core has 2-3 more years at best..

Ferdinand - 29

Evra 27

Vidic 27

Hargreaves 27

Park Ji Sung 27

Carrick 27

young players:

rooney

nani

tevez

ronaldo

anderson

these young players were actually the reason why man utd won their silverware. the counter attacking force of all 5 caused problems for most defenses back then..

but at the moment the 4 players except rooney were missing..

berbatov is a good option, but again, they need to get a much more better striker than him, esp with their available cash and if they seriously intend to defend their title. Berbatov isnt as consistent as other strikers i know, esp with a stay in 2-3 years in the epl already, with his calibre, he shouldve adjusted to the english game. yet tottenham placed 12th last season.

but then again, if there are really no options left, berbatov would be an equally good buy. ferguson has a week left to sort out his 'squad depth' problems.

right now i think, berbatov is the best option for sir alex in the big strong forward department; he doesn't need fast moving agile smaller offensive players because he already has that; saha would've been great in that role but his injuries reduced his playing time for manutd..with berbatov in the frontline, he can be like drogba, carew, etc, forwards who are big and strong who can hold on to the ball or be strong in the air to win balls for his teammates..

i can't think of any other big burly forwards available in the market right now who we can pursue; berbatov's effectivity i think has been hampered by the quality he has received; the midfield of tottenham i think has not given berbatov the amount of quality which he can create on; the only way for sure to know if berbatov is really a quality player is if he makes a mark at manutd; i'm betting he will :)..

thanks for the age list duchessXI, rooney, tevez and andersen is available for the pompey game, i hope they win, a win will put them in the 3rd spot behind chelsea and liverpool :)

yeah, and we were thinking that tottenham would be top competitors for the premier league this season. clearly, they have to get rid of berbatov. he's deadwood and will slowly drag tottenham to the bottom with him on board. i'm finally coming to terms with man utd aquiring him. if they want him badly, then sign him. i just dont know what would happen to their line up once everybody gets fit. will berbatov play alongside rooney, tevez, n ronaldo, all at the same time? or will he just be another anelka?

post-25839-1219893623.jpg

real won't be able to sign david villa; villa re-signs with valencia..

peter kenyon of chelsea expects the blues to complete the signing of robinho for 28 million dollars..the blues are also targeting sevilla's luis fabiano..kaya nman pla naghahanap ng striker ang chelsea; claudio pizzaro has been sold to werder bremen at si shevchenko ay ac milan na..

pavluchenko has signed for spurs; sana nman bitawan na nila si berbatov; sa murang halaga sana hehehehe..

gerrard to undergo groin surgery and will be out for 10 to 15 days; too bad for pool fans..

arsenal's senderos joins ac milan

newcastle's milner hands in transfer request; too bad for the toon army; quality winger pa nman to si milner; nafrustrate na siguro sa newcastle..

hmm, tagal mag-sign ng manutd ng player, araw-araw na ko nagccheck, la pa din bago signing si sir alex, feeling ko sa last day sila magssign ng player..:)

CHAMPS LEAGUE DRAW

A: CHELSEA, Roma, Bordeaux, Cluj.

B: Internazionale, Werder Bremen, Panathinaikos, Anorthosis.

C: Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon, Basel, Shakhtar Donetsk.

D: LIVERPOOL, PSV Eindhoven, Marseille, Atletico Madrid.

E: man utd, Villarreal, CELTIC, Aalborg.

F: Lyon, Bayern Munich, Steaua Bucharest, Fiorentina.

G: ARSENAL, Porto, Fenerbahce, Dynamo Kiev.

H: Real Madrid, Juventus, Zenit St Petersburg, Borisov Automobile and Tractor Electrical Equipment.

Liverpool in group of death.

hope they dont progress the way they did last year. they almost gave me a scare with their close results. arsenal with the 2nd toughest group for me.

chelsea and real madrid with an easy 2nd round for them progression.

real won't be able to sign david villa; villa re-signs with valencia..

peter kenyon of chelsea expects the blues to complete the signing of robinho for 28 million dollars..the blues are also targeting sevilla's luis fabiano..kaya nman pla naghahanap ng striker ang chelsea; claudio pizzaro has been sold to werder bremen at si shevchenko ay ac milan na..

pavluchenko has signed for spurs; sana nman bitawan na nila si berbatov; sa murang halaga sana hehehehe..

gerrard to undergo groin surgery and will be out for 10 to 15 days; too bad for pool fans..

arsenal's senderos joins ac milan

newcastle's milner hands in transfer request; too bad for the toon army; quality winger pa nman to si milner; nafrustrate na siguro sa newcastle..

hmm, tagal mag-sign ng manutd ng player, araw-araw na ko nagccheck, la pa din bago signing si sir alex, feeling ko sa last day sila magssign ng player..:)

i realy hve to agree with eRon about milner. he's a good winger, mas lalo na kapag international u21. ibang iba ang laro nya sa international compared to his club matches. during club matches right now, he just looks like a floater. hopefully, keegan could strengthen his frwards too. Owen isnt 100% yet and all the other strikers are on injury list.

Exciting ang group ng liverpool. they're going to face atletico madrid in the group stage....hehehe! happy reunion for fernando torres.

post-25839-1219983352.jpg

ManUtd's Louis Saha has signed with Everton..

Newcastle's James Milner has signed with Aston Villa..

Udinese' Gorkan Inler has rejected the possibility of joining Arsenal; so sino kaya ang next choice ni Wenger para sa midfield ng Gunnars..

Real doesn't want to let go of Robinho kahit na pilit siyang gustong i-sign ng Chelsea..

Pavyluchenko has arrived at London; he is now officially a Tottenham player..

Mukhang malabo na magtransfer si Berbatov sa ManUtd; sayang i think we would've been great as a red devil..

Swerte kami sa group nmin sa CL; sana maging successful ang title defense ng ManUtd sa CL :)

Edited by _eRon_

damn, zenit st petersberg are for real; badtrip talaga we lost 2-1 to them but by the looks of it they are a quality side and are to be reckoned with; the goal scorers of manutd these past few games show that we lack the cutting edge right now; i hope sir alex can make effective changes to better adapt for the problems that the team will be facing this season; nawala pa si saha tsk tsk tsk kung hindi si berbatov; i hope we can sign some new offensive minded players for the squad, a midfielder and a forward would be great..

la liga to start today!

i'm excited, i think barca will have a special year. on paper, is there a better midfield in the world football? xavi, iniesta, hleb, yaya toure, and keita are the most efficient players you'll ever see. no fancy stuff, just effectiveness (much like how guardiola was as a player).

the flair comes from the front: messi, henry, eto'o, bojan. and don't forget gudjohnsen, who i believe is the most underrated player in la liga.

in defense, dani alves should be a key player. marquez and puyol is a solid pair in the center, even tho they lack size. and hopefully, abidal finds his form in the left.

the only weak link is goalkeeper, as casillas is 1000x better than victor valdes.