The Football Thread

Labuyo

Czech Republic 1:1 England (HT)

i forgot to mention that Cech is having an exhibition match. if theres such a thing called a goal-scoring machine, hes a goal-saving machine.

meanwhile...

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has bolstered his defensive options after the Gunners completed the signing of Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre for an undisclosed fee.

2:2

poor English Display.

reminds of the Mclaren Era. overprices superstars showboating.

why put Heskey up front? hes as good as division 2 now. hes not his usual Liverpulian attitude. back in 1994-1998 Worldcups.

James shoulve been substituted. too many blunders at a stage like this.

Capello deployed a winger too many:

Beckham

Cole

Downing

Bentley

Thats 4 wingers. in the center of the field you have barry, gerrard. but why 4 wingers when you can rely on full backs (A. Cole and Brown) on both sides to create space. too much space in the middle and this is where the czechs were toying around with them. a weak pointman and a deficient engineroom.

i say deploy an anchorman, say carrick or even lampard. and 2 midfielders. gerrard and barry. Put Agbolanhor up front as pointman. Downing on the left. A. Young on the Right. M. Richards as Rightback. Gareth Bale as Left back. Terry and Ferdinand Centrebacks. and Paul Robinson as GK.

WC Qualifiers next month . i think Capello needs to take things seriously by now if they want to learn from the Euros.

hehehehe silvestre is officially a gunnar :)

not everybody is a traitor, sir bubuy; but its just weird that silvestre joined the gunnars after so many seasons as a red devil; i think he's looking for more regular football; better for him because when he played for us he wasn't that consistent; i prefer wes brown to him :)

hehehehe silvestre is officially a gunnar :)

not everybody is a traitor, sir bubuy; but its just weird that silvestre joined the gunnars after so many seasons as a red devil; i think he's looking for more regular football; better for him because when he played for us he wasn't that consistent; i prefer wes brown to him :)

i always thought that sir alex had an unwritten rule: never sell to liverpool, arsenal and chelsea. :huh:

lol any manager would want to sell a deadwood like silvestre. not playing consistent first team football, plus hes aging. better sell him before he goes cheap.

besides, Fergusons desperate for a striker, better sell players you technically dont need.

its all about the law of supply and demand.

Ferguson desperately needs a striker.

Wenger desperately needs 'experience'.

done deal.

I mean he could go to another club.

He shouldn't be playing for MANC,ARS,LIV or CHE

yes thank you dakila. Got that right mate.

and you think this was all silvestre's decision? dont you think ferguson had a hand in it? i mean last time i checked, he's the manager of the club. what do they always say, hmmm, it takes two to tango. ;)

traitors are those of ashley cole jumping to chelsea behind wenger's back. that's a traitor.

and you think this was all silvestre's decision? dont you think ferguson had a hand in it? i mean last time i checked, he's the manager of the club. what do they always say, hmmm, it takes two to tango. ;)

traitors are those of ashley cole jumping to chelsea behind wenger's back. that's a traitor.

point taken.

But it all boils down to the player.He could have requested to get transfered to another team except those of MANC,LIV,ARS and CHE. THe gaffer is just there to aprove the transfer. Like in C. Ronaldo's case. Lad allegedly wants to move to Madrid but the gaffer said no. So no transfer went through.

Silvestre wanted to move to ARS, gaffer's glad to get rid of him. moving isn't the problem here mate. It's going to ARS.

Yes A. Cole is a traitor too but he gets to smash Cheryl Tweed so he's still a hero in some blokes eyes.

si ashley cole parang si jericho rosales, hinigop ang katas ni cheryl tweedy :grr:

well said duckie.

Im no Brad Pitt specially on the looks dept. but

both A. Cole and Jherico look like chipmunks and they get to boff godesses like Cheryl and Heart.

Now tell me how fair the world is!

some football news:

Djibril Cisse is now officially a Sunderland player this season on loan from Marseille

Arsene Wenger showing more interest on Gareth Barry

Sir Alex Ferguson less optimistic over Berbatov (OW! NOOO!!! :shocked: )

Vincent Kompany of Hamburg has joined Manchester City

Borja Valero joins West Bromwich Albion

Robinho still intent in leaving Real Madrid despite waning Chelsea interest

1 Giggsy FC 92.00

2 FC Gadong United 75.50

3 duchessXI 73.00

4 Team Damaso 61.50

5 Love United 57.50

6 blacknwhite 54.50

7 Cornwall Cornhuskers 53.00

8 chocolate_starfish 52.50

9 Bono's Banshees 51.50

10 Mojo Gooners 49.00

11 Roughneck Galacticos 44.50

12 Supreme Socceroos 43.50

13 Bungot 0

Mortal Kombat: ROUND 2. . . FIGHT!

i just think that getting berbatov would be the best move for sir alex ferguson ifhe wants manchester united to implode. hehehehe! How come their current squad isnt enough firepower that they need to add berbatov? sus! naman! they won double last season. this are the things that irks me the most. sana mahkarupon na nga ng salary cap. just my humble opinion

i just think that getting berbatov would be the best move for sir alex ferguson ifhe wants manchester united to implode. hehehehe! How come their current squad isnt enough firepower that they need to add berbatov? sus! naman! they won double last season. this are the things that irks me the most. sana mahkarupon na nga ng salary cap. just my humble opinion

man utd actually didnt have a solid striker pretty much during the 2nd half of last season. they were using rooney as their focal point of attack, ronaldo/tevez as shadow striker.

the reason why they dont look like champions anymore is because for one, they dont have ronaldo, two, no hargreaves, three, no tevez, no saha.

as you could see the problem lies not because of the lack of firepower, but of squad depth. technically the players mentioned are usually running around on the 3rd quarter of the pitch, maintaining possesion. the players fielded now, arent in synch because they havent played regular first team football except in training matches.

if these players gone, you have frazier campbell, rafael, and fangzhou.

if i were sir alex, i would get proven youngsters to increase the depth of the squad as the squad is aging by the minute. Scholes, G. Neville, Van der Sar, Giggs, Ferdinand, Saha, hargreaves.

No to berbatov, for me hasnt proven himself in that much in the epl similar to shevshenko.

BLUEPRINT: creative midfielder, pointman

arshavin could be a good buy, young and proven. for pointman, roque santa cruz if hes set to leave blackburn. young and proven.

man utd actually didnt have a solid striker pretty much during the 2nd half of last season. they were using rooney as their focal point of attack, ronaldo/tevez as shadow striker.

the reason why they dont look like champions anymore is because for one, they dont have ronaldo, two, no hargreaves, three, no tevez, no saha.

as you could see the problem lies not because of the lack of firepower, but of squad depth. technically the players mentioned are usually running around on the 3rd quarter of the pitch, maintaining possesion. the players fielded now, arent in synch because they havent played regular first team football except in training matches.

if these players gone, you have frazier campbell, rafael, and fangzhou.

if i were sir alex, i would get proven youngsters to increase the depth of the squad as the squad is aging by the minute. Scholes, G. Neville, Van der Sar, Giggs, Ferdinand, Saha, hargreaves.

No to berbatov, for me hasnt proven himself in that much in the epl similar to shevshenko.

BLUEPRINT: creative midfielder, pointman

arshavin could be a good buy, young and proven. for pointman, roque santa cruz if hes set to leave blackburn. young and proven.

Excelent point sir.

Im still wishing Huntellar joins our ranks. We can't afford LIV to snap up another great striker like El Niño.

We need more young lads in the team. I personally like Mexes in defence and SWP in midfield.

im quite surprised by the way tottenham have progress so far with their two games, i watched their away game against minnows sunderland yest., and like arsenal, they struggle to capitalize with their possession. despite their improved calibre, they have 0 points.

when will ramos get this right, sayang naman 30 mill nya that he used during the transfer period.

observed bent, he was very effective during preseason, but totally opposite now.

saw the arsenal match as well, loss to fulham. i reckon theyre missing their engine room in hleb and flamini.

well cant say much as this is just the 2nd game for all teams.. they say the real competition begins on january, the 2nd half of the season, but, like your usual midterms back in college, you cant afford to get a failing grade, as this consists a considerable percentage of your overall grade.

biggest buy of the season: Scolari (PRICELESS)