The Football Thread

Labuyo

yeah chelsea was impressive. parang brazil na ang dating nila. scolari already showing that this is a different team. everyone was just pouring forward. their 2 new players, deco and bosingwa, were the best players of the game, i thought.

yikes, mukhang delikado tayo lahat sa chelsea...

Edited by damaso
yeah chelsea was impressive. parang brazil na ang dating nila. scolari already showing that this is a different team. everyone was just pouring forward. their 2 new players, deco and bosingwa, were the best players of the game, i thought.

yikes, mukhang delikado tayo lahat sa chelsea...

yes, deco introduced a samba tempo to the game, typical of scolari.. even with just 2 buys to the start of the season, chelsea looks capable of winning at both fronts.

what do you expect from a man who won 2 champs league trophies with 2 diff. teams. they actually got a bargain out of this fellow.

HERES THE FANTASY TABLE SO FAR.. till next week..

1 Giggsy FC 93.00

2 FC Gadong United 78.00

3 duchessXI 75.00

4 Team Damaso 61.50

5 Love United 58.00

6 blacknwhite 55.50

7 Cornwall Cornhuskers 52.00

8 Bono's Banshees 51.00

8 Mojo Gooners 51.00

10 chocolate_starfish 50.00

11 Roughneck Galacticos 43.50

12 Supreme Socceroos 42.50

wasn't able to watch the chelsea game but if what you guys are saying is true; then manutd is in for one hell of a season :)..better for the fans of the EPL; feeling ko mas magiging matindi ang competition for the EPL; with Chelsea, Portsmouth and Tottenham emerging; a lot of exciting games ahead :)

manutd really need to sign a new striker ASAP; i hope its berbatov :)

yes, deco introduced a samba tempo to the game, typical of scolari.. even with just 2 buys to the start of the season, chelsea looks capable of winning at both fronts.

what do you expect from a man who won 2 champs league trophies with 2 diff. teams. they actually got a bargain out of this fellow.

HERES THE FANTASY TABLE SO FAR.. till next week..

1 Giggsy FC 93.00

2 FC Gadong United 78.00

3 duchessXI 75.00

4 Team Damaso 61.50

5 Love United 58.00

6 blacknwhite 55.50

7 Cornwall Cornhuskers 52.00

8 Bono's Banshees 51.00

8 Mojo Gooners 51.00

10 chocolate_starfish 50.00

11 Roughneck Galacticos 43.50

12 Supreme Socceroos 42.50

waddya know. 3 players of mine did not feature and still I be on 5th. lol

CHE is a very different team now. They're more attacking than technical unlike a few seasons back.

hmmm i really thought these teams would get off to a great start.... everton, portsmouth n tottenham... eventually, all three teams fell flat of my expectations. still lookin for a team to break the big four. west ham has always been a mainstay at the top half of the epl. maybe they could break the monotonous stay of manu, che, liv n ars. oh well its stil early in the season. plenty of action to look forward to. hopefully tevez n ronaldo get back on manu's line up. they need em, no need for a berbatov. chelsea n big phil look really menacing sending out a message.

post-25839-1219041247.jpg

we have the two arguably best teams in the football olympics in the 2nd semifinal matchup.

ARG vs BRA.

some top players included in their squads taken from the last quarterfinal match.

BRA:

ronaldinho (ac milan)

lucas leiva (Liv)

diego (werder bremen)

anderson (man utd)

robinho (real mad)

ARG:

mascherano (liv)

messi (barca)

riquelme (boca juniors)

Emiliano Insúa (Liv)

aguero (athletico mad)

damn, nice win by argentina against brazil; the gold medal match will be argentina vs nigeria..the bronze medal match will be brazil vs belgium..:)

wala pa din balita kay berbatov joining manutd; badtrip :grr: ; dami pa namin injured: giggs, saha, hargreaves, c.ronaldo, tsk tsk tsk...