The Football Thread

Labuyo

halftime: croatia 1 germany 0

-beautifully worked goal from croatia. intricate passing and then he cross - you don't see that stuff in the epl.

-lehmann saved a certain goal right before halftime.

-you gotta love coach bilic - he's no avram grant. he shows his emotions all game.

-germany should change something...maybe replace the invisible forwards with a more noticeable pair: claudia schiffer and heidi klum maybe?

damn, those fans are hot hehehehe

talaga?confirmed na si scolari na ang new coach ng chelsea?damn, he's a good manager; wag sana masyado lumakas ang Blues hehehehe..

ManUtd signs Roma 16yr old sensation Davide Petrucci from Roma, dubbed as the next Francesco Totti, Petrucci's signing for ManUtd has angered more than Roma fans hehehe

Cardiff City sensation Aaron Ramsey has signed with Arsenal..

galing talaga Croatia..:)

group c

post-9780-1213379751.jpg

italy 1 romania 1

whew! another great game. romania opened up, attacking more than the france game. zambrotta with a big mistake to allow mutu to score. from a barca fan i say "good riddance!" - i'm glad he's going to milan. del piero and de rossi played well. i'm not sure if the italians are happy or disappointed with the result - its only a draw but they did escape when buffon saved the penalty. i thought mutu was going to cry right there in the pitch.

i believe toni was onside in his disallowed goal, and the penalty call was soft. but on the balance of play, a draw was a fair result.

to the italians - even if you don't have a win yet panalo pa rin kayo :

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/2008/05/euro_2008_del_p.html

and the fans :

post-9780-1213380397.jpg post-9780-1213380423.jpg

post-9780-1213380415.jpg post-9780-1213380438.jpg

post-9780-1213380449.jpg post-9780-1213380457.jpg

Edited by damaso

halftime thoughts: holland 1 france 0

-not surprisingly, the dutch come out with the same starting eleven.

-might as well call domenech "alicia silverstone" because he is clueless! after having no attacking fluency in the first match what does he do? he drops benzema and goes to a lone striker. does he still think zidane is out there to win the match for him??

-the french players are actually trying but i really believe toulalan and makelele are too defensive to play together. ribery and govou are doing all they can. malouda needs to get into the game.

-the dutch are just sitting back after they got the goal from kuyt. he's having a great tournament. liverpool represented!

-my only real hope is for a moment of brilliance from henry or ribery...

sagnol's wife:

post-9780-1213386390.jpg

nasri's gf and abidal's hot wife:

post-9780-1213386429.jpg

and once again, van der vaart's unbelievably hot wife:

post-9780-1213386474.jpg

holland 4 france 1

i knew there was a reason why i didn't pick my team to win the tournament. the french are toast! oh well, there's always spain...

early in the second half with the score only 1-0, france was dominating and almost scored twice (a clear penalty not given, and an easy tap in skied over by henry). what does van basten do? he sends in two attacking players in robben and van persie. i thought - what the hell is van basten doing? and then the 2 substitutes score - wow...

by contrast, domenech sends in the young untested gomis instead of benzema. and what does gomis do? nothing!

the dutch have now destroyed both of the world cup finalists. they've won the group and will probably rest all the stars on their last game - so romania will probably go second ahead of italy and france!!!

the fans:

post-9780-1213389644.jpg

post-9780-1213389655.jpg

post-9780-1213389663.jpg

post-9780-1213389677.jpg

post-9780-1213389690.jpg

post-9780-1213389705.jpg

post-9780-1213389727.jpg

damn football has some beautiful fans hehehe..

chelsea will try to bid for barcelona duo deco and eto'o..

players that have been touted as possible chelsea targets are david villa of valencia, fernando torres of liverpool, kaka of acmilan, frank ribery of bayern munich as well as the barcelona duo of deco and eto'o..

damn football has some beautiful fans hehehe..

chelsea will try to bid for barcelona duo deco and eto'o..

players that have been touted as possible chelsea targets are david villa of valencia, fernando torres of liverpool, kaka of acmilan, frank ribery of bayern munich as well as the barcelona duo of deco and eto'o..

oo nga daw! now that scolari is the new chelsea boss, everyone wants to play there. even ronaldinho daw...

group d

post-9780-1213462127.jpg

halftime thoughts - spain 1 sweden 1:

-it's been a bit disjointed to be honest. none of the fluency i saw in yesterday's matches.

-as i feared, ibrahimovic is too big and too strong for spain's defence.

-torres will be the best striker in the world. he is just ridiculously good when the ball is at his feet (ala ronaldo of brazil during his prime).

-larsson's movement and touches are simply sublime. this guy is pure class. he should go back to top-flight football. he can still play another 10 years.

-that was a clear penalty at the end of the half. some swedish guy ran over villa in the box.

-spain has not found its rhythm against the big physical swedes. not to worry tho, we have torres...

and we have david villa too!! in stoppage time! haha...

actually, it was just luck and awful defending in that one play for the swedes. they'll beat russia and qualify along with spain. i do hope so, so we can have more pics of their fans. when it comes to babes - sweden are european champions.

post-9780-1213466180.jpg

post-9780-1213466191.jpg

post-9780-1213466199.jpg

post-9780-1213466209.jpg

after a week a of sluggish internet, i finally get to post something.

damn abidals wife looks damn hot. phew!

my team got through already.

dami pics after the dutch beauty i first posted a! keep it coming boys.

holders greek knocked out.

prediction: oranje vs croatia/portugal in the finals.