The Football Thread

Labuyo

before kasi pag tie sa total points, it used to be the goal difference was used as the tiebreaker.. but i think sa La Liga binago nila recently, yung head to head matchup between the two teams at the top ang tie breaker..

kung pareho draw yung head to head nila.. whoever scored more away goals.. kung tie pa din, yung total goal difference na ang tie breaker..

im also not sure kung la liga lang ang ganun system or all major euro leagues na din..

correct me if im wrong though.. :)

so if REAL will all thier game so does Barca.... We Gonna be champs???

adios roberto carlos...

Fenerbahce sign Roberto Carlos

ISTANBUL, June 6 (Reuters) - Former Brazil international Roberto Carlos has agreed to join Turkish champions Fenerbahce from Real Madrid at the end of the season.

The 34-year-old left back had said in March he would leave Real Madrid at the end of the season after 11 years at the club.

"Yes, I will be playing in Turkey at Fenerbahce," he told Spanish sports daily Marca on Wednesday.

"They are the club that have shown most interest in signing me and they convinced me with their project. They have spoken to me lots of times and a very important element in helping me make my decision was that Zico is their coach.

"I had a lot of offers from Italy, England and other countries but Fenerbahce want to grow as a club and I was keen to help them.

"I think that it is the right time and as I said I want to leave the way open at Real Madrid so that they can begin a new cycle and bring in some new players."

A World Cup winner in 2002, Roberto Carlos joined Real from Inter Milan in 1996 during Fabio Capello's first spell as coach at the club.

Since then he has been a fixture in the first team and played a key role in helping Real win three European Cups, three league titles and two World Club Cups.

He has played more games for the club than any other foreign-born player and has scored 46 league goals.

Roberto Carlos quit international soccer after Brazil's 1-0 World Cup quarter-final defeat by France last year.

The defender had wanted to join Fenerbahce last season but had been unable to do so because of his Real Madrid contract, the Istanbul club's Web site quoted his agent Dino Pasalic as saying.

kaya all wins for real means la liga champs!

last 2 fixtures:

real facing zaragoza then mallorca

barca facing espanyol then gimnastic de tarrago

i just hope real wins everything and espanyol beats or atleast draws barca!

espanyol draw or win is possible coz it's a darby game like City beating United eventhough citys crap.

any reactions on the team of the season 2007 of the EPL?

GK: David James

FULLBACKS (from left to right): Steve Finnan, Ricardo Carvalho, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Neville

MIDFIELDERS (L to R): Cristiano Ronaldo, Frank Lampard, Cesc Fabregas, Mikel Arteta

FORWARDS: Dmitri Berbatov, Didier Drogba

All great players, but Rooney can also be noted as a great striker for the 2007 season, but the selection of Berbatov is justified..

2 from Everton? wow, i wasn't really following their progress but good for them..Neville, a former red devil, is playing great football..

Cesc Fabregas was picked before Gerrard, hmm, imho, Gerrard should've been picked..

In D, either of the two full backs of manutd could've been picked, Vidic or Ferdinand, but i like Vidic more because of his consistentcy in defense, too bad he got injured midseason..

David James in GK? wow, this guy's career is on the rebound, i thought he was finished after his miserable showing during the England internationals, but this guy got his groove back just in time for Portsmouth..

imho, the pundits picked cesc fabregas over steven gerrard because the spanish youngster was the glue the kept arsenal from falling apart... can you imagine the gunners not having fabregas around, especially with the injuries to thierry henry and freddie ljunberg, the departure of jose angel reyes, and the retirement of dennis bergkamp...

FULLBACKS (from left to right): Steve Finnan, Ricardo Carvalho, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Neville

MIDFIELDERS (L to R): Cristiano Ronaldo, Frank Lampard, Cesc Fabregas, Mikel Arteta

All great players, but Rooney can also be noted as a great striker for the 2007 season, but the selection of Berbatov is justified..

2 from Everton? wow, i wasn't really following their progress but good for them..Neville, a former red devil, is playing great football..

Cesc Fabregas was picked before Gerrard, hmm, imho, Gerrard should've been picked..

In D, either of the two full backs of manutd could've been picked, Vidic or Ferdinand, but i like Vidic more because of his consistentcy in defense, too bad he got injured midseason..

David James in GK? wow, this guy's career is on the rebound, i thought he was finished after his miserable showing during the England internationals, but this guy got his groove back just in time for Portsmouth..

P.Neville is not even a defender! Gerard sucked this season for his value its a disapointing season. These are actim stats so its kinda precise they use this with the fantasy football. :)

right wing ang laro ni cristiano ronaldo sir...

i recomend nikolas anelka sa striker pero magaling din si berbatov eh.. si adebayour ayaw mo???

my line up

keeper: dida

defender left to right LAHM of germany, MATTARAZZI, RICARDO CARVALHO, RIBERY ng france

midfield left to right bastian sweinstieger, T.FRINGS, OWEN HARGREAVES, DAVID BECKHAM

forward. rud van nestelrooy and lucas podolski.

subs. rooney, c.ronaldo, canavarro

wala na siguro tatalo dito!

sus, if ribery goes to manchester united, he'll just end up feuding with cristiano ronaldo when it comes to touches... the best part with ribery is that he complements the people surrounding him and most importantly, he does not flop or dive... :)

right wing ang laro ni cristiano ronaldo sir...

i recomend nikolas anelka sa striker pero magaling din si berbatov eh.. si adebayour ayaw mo???

my line up

keeper: dida

defender left to right LAHM of germany, MATTARAZZI, RICARDO CARVALHO, RIBERY ng france

midfield left to right bastian sweinstieger, T.FRINGS, OWEN HARGREAVES, DAVID BECKHAM

forward. rud van nestelrooy and lucas podolski.

subs. rooney, c.ronaldo, canavarro

wala na siguro tatalo dito!

yung pinaguusapan po nila dun sa post ay Premiership Team of the Season.

yung team mo po, karamihan ay wala sa premiership. :)

di ba attacking midfielder/winger si ribery at nde defender? :unsure:

yung pinaguusapan po nila dun sa post ay Premiership Team of the Season.

yung team mo po, karamihan ay wala sa premiership. :)

di ba attacking midfielder/winger si ribery at nde defender? :unsure:

opo alam ko sir, di ko nman sinabi na epl selection yun eh, kung baga my own selection of a dream team ng football

iba ibang league ang kinuhanan ko ng players. but my own epl line up.. MANCHESTER UNITED parin ako, Mancunian yata toh

I prefer Ben Foster as the GK of the year. Dapat si Leroy Lita din sinama nila

Foster of Shefield UTD? If isasama si Lita dapat nadun si Doyle. He scored more goals and made more asists than Lita or any RDG player IMHO.

I must agree with the Actim stats except for the P. Neville being a defender.

yung team na binanggit ko earlier was The Premiereship Team of the Season, all of these players were from the English Premiere League and were selected by the EPL website based on their stats as members of the Team of the Season..pinost ko lang pra makapagreact mga mtc pipol..

frank ribery from marseille and luca toni from fiorentina have moved to Bayern Munich, i hope both these players can help their new team to return to the Champions League and win the Bundisliga again..

Mark Viduka of Middlesborough has signed for Newcastle United..

Roberto Carlos of Read Madrid has moved to Fenerbache..

Jeremie Alaidiere of Arsenal FC has moved to Middlesborough..

argh!

almost full time on both matches and barca was leading espanyol 2-1, real losing to zaragoza by the same score...

and at almost the exact moment, espanyol and madrid score. both matches end in draws.

real still leads the primera liga...

i hope real madrid wins the premira liga.its been awhile since they won it and it will be a fitting finale to david beckham's career in spain.db had been playing well in the last few games both in the euro qualifiers and domestic league